93rd Annual Academy Awards

Well... I don't agree with the choice here, but I'm dreading the inevitable hate messages that are going to be thrown Anthony Hopkins' way by Film Twitter. :dry:

I mean, I've seen The Father and it is a solid performance by Anthony Hopkins, but this still very much a giant upset.

Well... I don't agree with the choice here, but I'm dreading the inevitable hate messages that are going to be thrown Anthony Hopkins' way by Film Twitter. :dry:

I even think that as one of the reasons he dont feel comfortable to get the price in person because he know the hate would come.

I wanted to Chadwick to win, and I thought he would! :csad:

I even think that as one of the reasons he dont feel comfortable to get the price in person because he know the hate would come.
Well, it is 4:36 AM in the UK currently so he's definitely asleep.

As for this Chadwick Boseman bait-and-switch... this should be enough indication for everyone that Award shows should become obsolete. Seriously.

Well, it is 4:36 AM in the UK currently so he's definitely asleep.

As for this Chadwick Boseman bait-and-switch... this should be enough indication for everyone that Award shows should become obsolete. Seriously.

Anthony Hopkins has lived in California for a long time.

Still, Hopkins was brilliant in The Father, but I thought Chadwick had it the bag.

Just saw the results. I was kinda expecting to hear about Halle finally not being the only black best actress winner but maybe next time (I doubt it). And Chadwick not winning is a shock.

YKoJX00.png

I’m dreading but knowing the ratings were probably dismal tomorrow

I didn’t even pay attention this year. Nothing really to root for

I have no doubt Hopkins was deserving, but even if he hadn't passed Boseman would be deserving this year himself. Very strange the way they handled it.

Yeah I haven’t seen The Father yet but I have seen Ma Rainey and Bosewick was phenomenal in it. It may have been his best performance and that’s saying a lot. Shocked about this.

I bet Hopkins is at an age and confidence in his craft that he probably didn’t care if he won tonight and was most likely asleep. Not that he needs to, but don’t be surprised if he ends up declining the award out of respect through a statement. Although, Chadwick was a lover of the craft of performance and I’m sure wouldn’t want it that way.

I know that the biggest flub in Oscar history is still the envelope debacle from a few years ago,
But, this affected me on a much deeper emotional level.
I have telling people for weeks, the one thing that I wanted from the Oscars this year was to see Chadwick win.
I hope that Chadwick's family was not offended by this.
I certainly wouldn't blame them if they were.

I bet Hopkins is at an age and confidence in his craft that he probably didn’t care if he won tonight and was most likely asleep. Don’t be surprised if he ends up declining the award out of respect through a statement.
Fingers Crossed.

No wait, guys, hold on! That guy is coming out with an envelope to say 'There's been a mistake! Boseman, you won Best Actor.' But on the real, with the shuffling around to have Best Actor and Actress come after Best Picture, and then Boseman not even take home the prize? This is the sort of unpredictable stuff that's worth suffering through the insufferable Oscars.

Kind of like Michael Keaton and Eddie Redmayne, though, I could've gone with either of the two winning without a real preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"