A Brave New World- The Silver Age RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

I'll admit that it's a bit much to take in all at once, but I kinda like the idea of having an RPG that's more involving than the rest. Really puts that air of achievement onto what you're doing.

I'm intrigued, but it's not something I have the time for I'm afraid:(

Shame. You'd definitely be a welcome addition, but I completely understand. Only 24 hours in a day and whatnot.

Not too mention having to start pre-production come new year

So....is anyone else even the slightest bit interested?

....anyone?

......at all?

(*sigh* I knew I should've put in some Batman characters...)

I'll get an app up and twy should be around somewhere.

User's Screenname: Oh Snap!

Why do you wish to join this RPG?:

I want to join this RPG because I definetly have a very strong love of the Silver Age, it was time when comics were more innocent and you could use them as an escape from real life; rather than having the gritty comics we get now, there is a strong difference between good and bad, there's no inbetween, you're either one of the other. It really is a more colourful, vibrant time for comics and I find it fascinating.

In two complete sentences, what can you bring to this RPG?:

I think I can bring a competent villain, that will hopefully evolve over time and perhaps even make you sympathize with him. This is also my first crack at a "CAH" like RPG, I've never actually sat down and tried to write a character from scratch before but I think I can do that pretty well.

Do you know how to post pictures?: Yes.

Character's Hero/Villain Name: Velocity (was going to go with Hustle, but that's sucky :o)

Real Name/Secret Identity: Charles Lamonte

Backstory:

Charles Lamonte is the son of a French nurse and an American war veteran, his mother died in child birth and every since his father has resented him for it; already partially disabled from a war sustained in the war, he struggled to bring up his only son, both physically and emotionally, as he caused as a constant reminder of his deceased wife.

He moved them to New Bohemia as they could no longer afford their Hypopolis home, crippled with debts and with repo companies on their back, as Charles entered his teenage years he turnt to crime to try and earn enough money to help his father pay off his debts. One night he broke into a labatory and attempted to steal some of the medical equipment, however an Earthquake hit the city, 'causing the young man to be doused in several strange chemicals and knocked unconcious.

It's been two months since then and life is the same as it was before.. or is it?

Allignment: Villain.

Class: Speed Demon.

Level: 1

Stats: (Starting characters have 30 points which they may distribute)
Strength: 1
Speed: 9
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 2
Spirit: 2
Charisma: 8
Potency: 8

Character Strengths:
Major: Sneaky
Minor: Street-Wise

Character Weaknesses:
Major: Guilty-Conscience
Minor: Kid

Super-powers/Gadgets/Magical Items: (Starting characters have 50 ranks which they may distribute)
Power:
Enhanched Speed (9x25x50)
Intangibility (13)
Enhanced Durability (12)

(I'm not sure whether I've done the Super-powers/gadgets/magical items bit right, I was VERY confused with the whole equation, but I think it might be right. :o I'll edit if need be anyways)

Let's see....I'm guessing you put 25 Ranks into Enhanced Speed? In that case, the equation would be (9x25x50) The first # is your base Speed, the second is the # of Ranks you added, and the third lines up with the chart at the top of the 'Super Powers' section.

Other than that, it looks good. Just edit that one thing and you're approved.

UPDATE: I've made a slight tweak to the rules of using Tech Armor. Should provide a bit of a bonus for ya, Catman. Happy Chanukkah.

Also, Oh Snap! is approved and added to the roster.

I assure you, I WILL be a part of this game. Just give me some time to figure out what I want to do. :up:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Due to a general lack of activity, I'm putting the RPG on hiatus so I can tool around with it and reboot after New Year's. That's the bad news.

The good news is that anyone who gets in their application between now and New Year's gets a free level-up (this includes people who are already accepted)

Merry Christmas!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Due to a general lack of activity, I'm putting the RPG on hiatus so I can tool around with it and reboot after New Year's. That's the bad news.

The good news is that anyone who gets in their application between now and New Year's gets a free level-up (this includes people who are already accepted)

Merry Christmas!
Hmm...so I now have 10 more Ranks to fool around with? :ninja:

EDIT - UPDATED POWERS:
Enhanced Strength(Rank: 5x25x50), Enhanced Speed (Rank: 4x9x5)

*bump*

I still need 2 more people to reach the minimum requirement for an IC thread. I really, really don't want this thing to die (considering how much work I put into it), but I'm going to have to just pull the plug altogether if no one else is interested.

I mean c'mon, what to I have to do to get people to join up? Shoot up flares? Offer bribes? When I first made the pitch, half of the RPG crowd seemed to be excited about it, but when I get the actual game up, it's a freakin' ghost town. So what exactly am I missing here?!

[/tantrum]

APPLICATION

User's Screenname: Byrd Man

Why do you wish to join this RPG? C'mon! Silver Age, man!

In two complete sentences, what can you bring to this RPG? I can bring a decent RPer. I can also bring a decent character

Do you know how to post pictures? Yep

Character's Hero/Villain Name:
Doctor Rock

Real Name/Secret Identity:
Dr. Jacob Rock

Backstory:
A child prodigy, Jacob Rock graduated from MIT at the tender age of 15. Moving to Millenium City after earing 12 PHDs in various fields, Jacob went to work at Rominta Industries. After spending ten years there, Jacob struck out on his own. Starting Rock Technology, he has become a billionaire over night and arguably the world's most smartest man. The now thirty year old Jacob spends his free time on his experiments and exploring the vast spectrums of the unkown.

Allignment: Good

Class: Gadgeteer/Strategist

Level:

Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 5
Spirit: 4
Charisma: 5
Potency: 0

Character Strengths:
Major: Quick Learner
Minor: Steel Trap Mind

Character Weaknesses:

Major: Clumsy
Minor: Unflinching

Super-powers/Gadgets/Magical Items: (Starting characters have 50 ranks which they may distribute)

Jet: 40 ranks

Tech Gauntlets: 10 ranks
Free Ray gun included

Please provide a brief sample post as your character:

Rock Tech
Kirby Island

"Darling. Are you ready yet?"

I look up from my work station with a smile.

"Huh? No, dear not yet. Why don't you go ahead to the party?"

Lana is a dear. We've only been married six months, but she manages to tolerate me.

"Fine. I'll tell Bert that you had some unexpected work to do...."

I manage a nod as she walks off. I've never found joy in wearing a monkey suit and attending cocktail parties. I have much more fun here, in the lab.

I chuckle a bit as I finish up my calculations.

"I see! It's so simple! If I make 2.45850 M and if I make 145 C squared...that means...."

I raise my arms in success and smile.

"Time travel is in my grasp!"

Yes! A sign of life! And for the sake of reaching the IC-Thread minimum, I'll be drawing up a character of my own later tonight.

Approved, by the way.

Sweet! Now I can have all those cool Silver Age adventures I've been wanting to do. Time travel, space adventures, exploring the underverse.

I should note that you can only pick 1 Class at first, until you reach Level 5. Till then, I'll have Doctor Rock designated as a Gadgeteer.

I should note that you can only pick 1 Class at first, until you reach Level 5. Till then, I'll have Doctor Rock designated as a Gadgeteer.

Sounds good to me. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to those other levels.

All right, here we go. Time to see if I can actually work this thing myself.

APPLICATION

User's Screenname:

Andy C.

Why do you wish to join this RPG?

Because I created it. Duh.

In two complete sentences, what can you bring to this RPG?

Aside from the entire RPG itself, I plan on bringing a fun and engaging character to Millennium City, and having all sorts of whacked-out adventures with him. That, and I can finally tell if I'm good at writing my own stuff or just fan-fic nonsense.

Do you know how to post pictures?

Indeed I do.

Character's Hero/Villain Name:
Captain Astro

Real Name/Secret Identity:
Casey Carlisle

Backstory: Casey Carlisle was no one special. He grew up in the suburbs of Haneyville with his grandmother, after his parents were killed in a plane crash while he was a baby. Despite doing well in school, he never really stood out from the other students in any real way. Never popular, but never actively outcast, Casey desperately longed to be noticed-- especially by his long-time crush Sally Cahill.

Even in adulthood, he continued a remarkably unremarkable existence, moving into an apartment in Alphabet City and working several low-paying jobs. It seemed that mediocrity was all that was in store for Casey...until the night of the meteor shower.

Walking through Adams Park that night, he was nearly struck by a mysterious chunk of meteorite that fell from the sky. It gave off a strange glow, and when he touched it, Casey felt a jolt of incredible energy.

He never told anyone about that night, even after the government made a statement about similar meteors that had fallen throughout Millennium City....even after he had learned that the meteor's radiation had built up inside him, turning him into a living cosmic battery!

With these new abilities, Millennium City is going to finally start noticing Casey Carlisle...or his new alter-ego, Captain Astro.

Allignment: Hero

Class: Champion

Level:

Strength: 2

Speed: 3
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 3
Spirit: 5
Charisma: 5
Potency: 10

Character Strengths:
Major: Fearless
Minor: Streetwise

Character Weaknesses:

Major: Achilles' Heel (loses powers when in contact with meteor radiation)
Minor: Flaky

Defy Gravity: 25
Energy Manipulation (Plasma): (10x25x50)
Energy Construct (Plasma) (10x10x5)

Please provide a brief sample post as your character:

Ah, Saturdays.

I love a good, lazy Saturday, when you get to unwind from work, catch up on a few hobbies that you'd been neglecting, take your mind off the things that normally drive you nuts.

"CARLISLE!!!"

Too bad for me that it's Monday.

"Yes sir, Mister Mason? Is something wrong?"

"You bet your too-generous paycheck something's wrong! You've got a delivery to 35th and Main that's been ready and waiting for the last five minutes, the oven's backed up, the dishes are a mess, and you're in the back room day-dreaming again!"

"Sorry, Mister Mason. I guess it's just been a long day."

"Well it's going to get longer, because you're working closing shift now! Now get that delivery out the door or it'll also be your last shift here!"

I've learned to put up with Mister Mason's shouting and put-downs by now, and I know for a fact that he can't keep me on for a later shift: I'm supposed to be vending hot dogs at Goodwin Stadium then. Still, I ought to at least get those people their pizza.

With two soggy cardboard pizza-boxes in tow, I hop on my bike (balancing the pizzas on the handlebars) and then I'm off through the streets of Alphabet City.

Honestly, I could have a worse life, but I could sure as heck have a better one, too. It's not that I'm lazy or stupid or anything like that; it's just that there's nothing I'm all that good at.

"Help! Someone please help!!!"

Well, there's one thing. Looks like that pizza's going to be a little late.

A minute later (taking a moment to park the bike and get changed), I'm in full costume, flying over the streets I just pedaled through. A few people down below catch sight of me. Some of them wave. A couple of kids cheer. It feels good, but that's not why I'm out here.

I find the screaming woman in a back alley, with two thugs holding her at gun-point.

"Awwright, girlie, let's have them jewels. And then we can--"

"--give up peacefully and then reconsider your life of crime? That's one thing you can do, and it doesn't require me having to hurt you two."

Well, it got their attention. One of the thugs turns tail and runs. I'd go after him, but the other guy didn't quite get the message, and starts shooting at me.

As good as my brave-face is, I'm not bullet-proof, so this is actually pretty scary. Pretty really scary. Lucky for me he's a lousy shot. Lucky for him, I'm not.

I let off a quick blast of plasma energy, melting the barrel of his gun, but also making sure I don't burn his hand off. I then swoop down and deliver the big hay-maker (I'm not particularly strong, but force is mass times acceleration, and I've got some pretty good acceleration going on). The thug eats pavement, and I do my best not to wince from my hand hurting so much.

"Thank you so much!" the woman says. "I don't know how to thank you."

"Just stay safe, ma'am,"
I say, really laying on the charm. Unfortunately, I've still got business to attend to. "Now, if you'll excuse me...I've got a pizza to deliver."

I gotta admit...I love Mondays.

Sweet. That brings us to five players, which means the IC Thread can go live!

(Oh, and Byrd-- I forgot to mention earlier, but since you applied during the holidays, you get a free Level-Up. That means you get 10 extra Ranks to fiddle with. Happy New Year :) )

Sweet. I'll save up so Dr. Rock can get a spaceship.

Okay, cats and kittens! Three things:

1) The IC Thread is up and running! So, y'know, get on it and have fun and stuff.

2) I've added 2 new Super-Powers (Energy Construct and Energy Absorption)

3) If anyone wants me to create a Micro-hero of your character (so we know what he/she looks like), please PM me to let me know what you'd have in mind.

Okay, cats and kittens! Three things:

1) The IC Thread is up and running! So, y'know, get on it and have fun and stuff.

2) I've added 2 new Super-Powers (Energy Construct and Energy Absorption)

3) If anyone wants me to create a Micro-hero of your character (so we know what he/she looks like), please PM me to let me know what you'd have in mind.
I actually have very little in mind for the MicroHero. Just try something patriotic, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"