The Dark Knight A Fresh Joker Idea

Yrik

Civilian
Reaction score
An Idea Proposition
Yrik

First off, I just want to say that this site looks great. I'm Eric, an extreme movie buff and wannabe script writer. I'll be making a few threads and sharing my ideas in other threads in both a movie goer standpoint and a Batman fanatic standpoint. Sounds exciting, huh?:down

Yeah, I know, I know.

Well, this thread (my first thread and post) is my idea of a possible Joker "origin," which would not be an origin at all. If the Joker's role is small and mysterious in BB2, then this all would be saved for BB3, where Joker's role will most likely be large and important.

HINTING
Joker should never say a definitive origin. He should hint it, casually saying his name was Jack Napier or Joe Kerr or anything else, or tossing out random possibilities for origin stories for various circumstances, all to his benefit.
  1. The popular The Killing Joke line would be great here. I don't have the book with me, so I'll paraphrase- "If I have a past at all, I prefer for it to be multiple choice!" He should always live by that and only do things that help his fiendish sense of confusion.
  2. Red Hood- We should see this one very briefly as Joker gives a heart-warming, sympathetic yet short guide to how his wife died and he fell into a vat of chemicals.
  3. We should see Joker as a child, with his father hinting at beating him.
  4. We should see the psychotic child that kills cats and grins as his alchoholic father beats his mother. This was in a comic, if Wikipedia is correct. A different child actor should play him to really give the sense of confusion.
That is all I have to say-----give Joker multiple origins, spanning from a few seconds to 5 minutes. I hope you liked reading this.

Not sure if I would really like to see Joker's origins though in the movie. Also not sure how it could be a short part of the film showing parts of his childhood since after all it is a Batman movie.

If anything the audience should not feel sympathy for Joker. It would make more sense to do things so that when Harvey turns to Two-Face creates sympathy for him. Like in Star Wars Episode III. Seeing Anakin's betrayal and why he did it and being tricked and such really had a great effect on making the audience feel sorry for him.

I like the idea of Joker giving more than one (wrong...or maybe not?) backstory, but I think it should be kept verbal. Don't go into flashbacks.

this is going to be Batman 2, not Joker Begins, i don't think a origin is really needed, but if they do want to add one, joker should tell each person a different story.

Your general idea is good but, agreeing with Ronny, I don't think flashbacks would be good. The Joker could look as if he himself is having flashbacks (like staring into space, looking confused, and whatnot), but we shouldn't actually see any of it.

warren_sparta27 said:
this is going to be Batman 2, not Joker Begins, i don't think a origin is really needed, but if they do want to add one, joker should tell each person a different story.
He said his ideas, if used, should be saved for the third film. When you have a character come back a second time it's usually a good idea to expand a bit on that character.

yea they really need to limit joker's backstory as much as possible. we dont want this to turn into another Joker movie featuring Batman. he can talk about different origins mentioned (briefly), but no flashbacks.

Showing a flashback for the Joker(Such as his father beating him) would just humanize him too much and make you emotionally attached. I prefer just having this psychopath without a past, who laughs his ass off when he is taking the beating of his life. :)

SpHinX said:
Showing a flashback for the Joker(Such as his father beating him) would just humanize him too much and make you emotionally attached.

Exactly. If anything the only villain you want the audience to feel that way is Harvey when he betrays them as Two-Face.

I do see where you're going, but how could you become emotionally attached to someone who lies his ass off, and after a vague, subtle hint matched with an overlapping, very brief (if you blink you'll miss it) flashback? This is a possible scenario, and the original concept was from "Mad Love" on Batman: The Animated Series.

INT: ARKHAM ASYLUM

A PSYCHOLOGIST and the JOKER are in a padded cell. The Joker is in the standard YELLOW PRISON UNIFORM, and he has a foul smirk on his face which he tries to change into despair and pity.

JOKER
(quietly)
Yeah, pop used to beat me real good.

The psychologist, DR. ROSS, looks up eagerly, thinking he might have gotten somewhere. CUT TO:

INT: OLD HOME--PAST--
A fist is heading to a YOUNG BOY. We cut to:

--PRESENT--

THE JOKER finishes his tale and then begins LAUGHING hysterically, at the sick joke.

THE JOKER
If I have to have a past, I think I deserve a few. Don't you think I deserve a few, doc?

Ronny Shade said:
I like the idea of Joker giving more than one (wrong...or maybe not?) backstory, but I think it should be kept verbal. Don't go into flashbacks.
Agreed - Joker is supposed to be the ultimate evil, so he shouldn't have a definitive origin, as evil doesn't have one. It'd be hilarious if, while robbing banks and whatnot, he'd spew a different sorrowful tale about "how he became what he was" each time, like he had to raise money to pay for his mother's prostate operation or was beaten with a frozen salmon every morning, and then try it on Batman who would see through his bull.

Huh, I admit that when I saw that the writer of said "Fresh Idea" had only seven posts, I was a little bit worried. I was expecting something of the asinine: "lolz, wudn't Bettani dude be a gud Jokar?/??" or "lets have joker wear a mask" or "lets give the joker children". But it wasn't. Not exactly an idea that's to my tastes, but at least it is isn't a tried-and-tired repeat of a thread two lines below this one. :up:

But no actual images of it - it would be too "Butterfly Effect", instead of "Rashomon", as I expect you're trying to homage.

AnimeJune said:
Joker is supposed to be the ultimate evil, so he shouldn't have a definitive origin, as evil doesn't have one.

I don't think you'd be upset if I quote you on this one?

I personally want to see a mix of "The Killing Joke" and "The Long Halloween."

I mean Burton's "Batman" only had glimpses of "The Killing Joke" but in the end he made Jack Napier into the Joe Chill character and totally forgot about the starving stand-up comedian and traumatized child side of Mr. J.

Wow, RonnyShade, nice job going completely off-topic and spammy. :down

NinjaTurtleFan said:
I personally want to see a mix of "The Killing Joke" and "The Long Halloween."

I mean Burton's "Batman" only had glimpses of "The Killing Joke" but in the end he made Jack Napier into the Joe Chill character and totally forgot about the starving stand-up comedian and traumatized child side of Mr. J.

Want to see a mix of TKJ and TLH? I can understand TKJ cause of this thread is about basically showing parts of his "origins" but I do not see why you mentioned TLH.

Yrik said:
Dude, that's not a spam, that's an aside. He's already contributed to your topic. Chill out. :hulk:

Yrik said:
You have seen nothing of what I can do.

Be glad Keyser and Norm aren't here. We've turned Robin threads into Star Wars vs The Matrix threads.

trustyside-kick said:
Want to see a mix of TKJ and TLH? I can understand TKJ cause of this thread is about basically showing parts of his "origins" but I do not see why you mentioned TLH.

Because of Two-Face being included of course.

But Joker had nothing to do with Two-Face's creation in TLH. I know in the third film Goyer said Joker would be on trial and throw the acid on Harvey but in TLH Joker has nothing to do with Two-Face's creation.

Ronny Shade said:
You have seen nothing of what I can do.

Be glad Keyser and Norm aren't here. We've turned Robin threads into Star Wars vs The Matrix threads.

You need other two guys to do that?

if they do an origin, do the killing joke...if not, that's even better :o

The Killing Joke looks perfect for Joker's story.

But it is sad, that he is going to get only 3-4 scenes in BB2.

Fans were annoyed because Joker had too many scenes in 89.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"