The Dark Knight A Fresh Joker Idea

Cinemaman said:
The Killing Joke looks perfect for Joker's story.

But it is sad, that he is going to get only 3-4 scenes in BB2.

They are saving him for the third film. He will play small role in the second (which is find by me) and will play a major part in the third. Like those guys keep putting as their signatures: I.N.W.T.

AnimeJune said:
Agreed - Joker is supposed to be the ultimate evil, so he shouldn't have a definitive origin, as evil doesn't have one. It'd be hilarious if, while robbing banks and whatnot, he'd spew a different sorrowful tale about "how he became what he was" each time, like he had to raise money to pay for his mother's prostate operation or was beaten with a frozen salmon every morning, and then try it on Batman who would see through his bull.

You're not the first person to mention this concept, but to my knowledge you are the first one to use the phrase "beaten with a frozen salmon." :D

Huh, I admit that when I saw that the writer of said "Fresh Idea" had only seven posts, I was a little bit worried. I was expecting something of the asinine: "lolz, wudn't Bettani dude be a gud Jokar?/??" or "lets have joker wear a mask" or "lets give the joker children". But it wasn't. Not exactly an idea that's to my tastes, but at least it is isn't a tried-and-tired repeat of a thread two lines below this one. :up:

Agreed, but I still think this thread blows.

Except for the phrase "beaten with a frozen salmon." That makes it all worthwhile.

Ronny Shade said:
You have seen nothing of what I can do.

Be glad Keyser and Norm aren't here. We've turned Robin threads into Star Wars vs The Matrix threads.

Yeah, and we'll do it again! Don't temp us, Yrik. This thread isn't so good it wouldn't benefit from a little of our magic.

Keyser Sushi said:
Yeah, and we'll do it again! Don't temp us, Yrik. This thread isn't so good it wouldn't benefit from a little of our magic.

afraid.jpg

It's a joke right?

The phrase "beaten with a frozen salmon" makes any thread worthwhile.

Ronny Shade said:
The phrase "beaten with a frozen salmon" makes any thread worthwhile.

It does. We chose our GrammarBatGirl well, methinks. :up:

Keyser Sushi said:
*gushes* I'd like the thank the Academy....and also the maker of the thread Yrik, who is doubtless boiling with rage that we aren't talking about his prospective screenplay...um, oh yeah - and Chad Lowe. I totally forgot to thank you that other time, but not tonight!

trustyside-kick said:
They are saving him for the third film. He will play small role in the second (which is find by me) and will play a major part in the third. Like those guys keep putting as their signatures: I.N.W.T.

I can see Joker having 5-6 scenes in BB3 (thats enough) and Two-Face being the main villian.

AnimeJune said:
*gushes* I'd like the thank the Academy....and also the maker of the thread Yrik, who is doubtless boiling with rage that we aren't talking about his prospective screenplay...um, oh yeah - and Chad Lowe. I totally forgot to thank you that other time, but not tonight!

LOL!!! :D

Aren't you glad you joined the Hype? You belong here.

Cinemaman said:
I can see Joker having 5-6 scenes in BB3 (thats enough) and Two-Face being the main villian.
Its pretty much canon that Harvey will not be a villain until part 3.

Ronny Shade said:
Its pretty much canon that Harvey will not be a villain until part 3.
Agreed - I don't know why they would set up the audience with the Joker card, only to give him a few scenes in the second film.

Wait, what am I saying? The folks over at Sony are doing the EXACT SAME THING with Venom - showing pics of the symbiote suit when Venom, in all likelihood, will not be a villain until Spider-Man 4.

AnimeJune said:
Agreed - I don't know why they would set up the audience with the Joker card, only to give him a few scenes in the second film.

Wait, what am I saying? The folks over at Sony are doing the EXACT SAME THING with Venom - showing pics of the symbiote suit when Venom, in all likelihood, will not be a villain until Spider-Man 4.

You sure there will even be a Spider-Man 4? Most actors do not like to play the same characters for like 9 years +.

trustyside-kick said:
You sure there will even be a Spider-Man 4? Most actors do not like to play the same characters for like 9 years +.
Kelsey Grammar was Frasier for 19 years. Moving on, however...
They might, if it might get them bajillions of dollars. Kirsten Dunst, for instance - she's a versatile actress, she's been in tonnes of good movies before Spider-man, she would have success after those movies regardless of how long she stayed with the franchise.

It's not as sure a bet with Tobey Maguire, to be sure - he did mostly art-house and subdued, intellectual films before coming to Spider-Man.

with the whole card thing they could simply make joker as a minor character or just a cameo of when he was Red Hood. This way they can add another story. Then in the third make come back as the Joker and a Major character same goes for Harvey Dent.

AnimeJune said:
Kelsey Grammar was Frasier for 19 years. Moving on, however...
They might, if it might get them bajillions of dollars. Kirsten Dunst, for instance - she's a versatile actress, she's been in tonnes of good movies before Spider-man, she would have success after those movies regardless of how long she stayed with the franchise.

It's not as sure a bet with Tobey Maguire, to be sure - he did mostly art-house and subdued, intellectual films before coming to Spider-Man.
I actually wouldn't mind Gyllenhaal taking over if Tobey quits

Ronny Shade said:
I actually wouldn't mind Gyllenhaal taking over if Tobey quits
Well...Tobey Maguire's my sentimental favourite, because he did so well in the first two movies. Gyllenhaal, though, could he pull off geeky? I haven't seen him in Donnie Darko - only in Bubble Boy and Day After Tomorrow.

I have to admitt i didn't like the idea of Tobey being Parker i though he looked too geeky, I thought they could have gotten someone better. I still don't agree with Kirsten Dunst as Marry Jane. But it turned out pretty good.

Gyllenhaal and Maguire have a very similar voice.

Ronny Shade said:
Gyllenhaal and Maguire have a very similar voice.
And looks, as well - but Gyllenhaal's been taking better, more mature roles than Tobey has lately. Most of Tobey's parts have been for antisocial, misunderstand manboys. Gyllenhaal's playing real men. So yeah, for an older Spidey, Gyllenhaal wouldn't be so bad.

Just as long as he's not Harvey Dent.

warren_sparta27 said:
this is going to be Batman 2, not Joker Begins, i don't think a origin is really needed, but if they do want to add one, joker should tell each person a different story.

This was the first sensible thing I heard In this entire post
THANKS WARREN your the only one here with a good brain

batman7289 said:
This was the first sensible thing I heard In this entire post
THANKS WARREN your the only one here with a good brain

you know the idea of Joker telling people different stories of his origins is not that great of an idea it would take way too long, i don't know if it would work. also i'm not sure who there is to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"