A Good Reporter Makes Stories Great: Rachel Brosnahan IS Lois Lane

Personally, I hope that she is portrayed as being attracted to Clark first rather than Superman. That has been one of the aspects that Superman and Lois has introduced that has been a vast improvement for Lois. It makes Lois less superficial and shallow and more strong and independent if she is not reduced to being a giddy schoolgirl around Superman and yet dismissive of mild mannered Clark.
Yep, S&L Lois got it right. I hope that aspect is here to stay.

All this raving about Rachel Brosnahan (who I haven't seen in anything before) has me itching to see The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, definitely have to get on that sometime soon. Only reason I haven't seen it is because I'm not an Amazon Prime subscriber, but I guess I can binge the whole series in a month.

I've been looking up clips of her on YouTube and she might be the closest spitting image of the DCAU Lois Lane voiced by Dana Delany - dang I hope that's what Gunn is going for this time, because to be honest IMO, we still haven't gotten a properly sassy Lois Lane in live-action yet.

882a65b77dcddb86cd4af52cb8052c57.jpg

rachel-brosnahan-featured.jpg

So we know Rachel looks great dressed in 1950s garb but how do we want Lois Lane to be dressed in what I am only guessing will be a contemporary setting, do we want to see a mix of fashion from the past to give us some classic Lois looks or should we be living in the now?

I love a good adventurer look for Lois but not something so over the top. These following images are somewhat along the lines of what I am into for Lois. Just like Supes and Clark I feel she could have a semi alternate outfit when she is out of the office doing her own journalist detective work compared to the in office outfits.
4a3e404730153d894f4ffd202735b081.jpg 9c42ea264f45a6190eaa33dde1e98181.jpg a976ab42dfd0e070c09c79a178609da0.jpg

Lois with this kind of bangs I think is a great look on Rachel and for Lois imo.
b915edb564fa58759b252ccbd94ce157.jpg

Last edited:
So we know Rachel looks great dressed in 1950s garb but how do we want Lois Lane to be dressed in what I am only guessing will be a contemporary setting, do we want to see a mix of fashion from the past to give us some classic Lois looks or should we be living in the now?

My Adventures with Superman is putting her in athleisure at work and I think that’s pretty spot-on. Outside of work, I imagine she has a very modern style - not radically different from some of the pics you posted, honestly. Maybe less billowy/showy.

I don't know if the pooping thing was meant to be taken that literally (maybe it was). But I think she's just saying that, as an uninhibited type of person, she values relationships that allow for that kind of openness.

It's not aboot whether it was literal or not; it's just something that's seems odd to even say when there's a lot more metaphors you could use to convey openness.

Variant cover for the second issue of Greg Rucka's Lois Lane: Enemy of the People (2019)
Artist: Yasmine Putri

Looks like a certain actress I know. ;)

1850845_xl.jpg

Margot Kidder. Both actresses do have a passing resemblance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"