A real masked vigilante..

Scenario:

You hear of a burglary attempt in progress, you manage to get there in time, as you confront the two burglars a fight ensues, and your mask gets ripped off.

Then what?

Scenario:

You hear of a burglary attempt in progress, you manage to get there in time, as you confront the two burglars a fight ensues, and your mask gets ripped off.

Then what?

The burglars laugh so much, they don't escape in time before the cops come!

Another win for the glorious Arrow-22!

I hit the wrong button I'm sorry I wasn't done. If they cannot validate their claims, people's ideas will clash, so they don't know what to believe. They wouldn't get angrier at me, they would get angry at each other.

I hit the wrong button I'm sorry I wasn't done. If they cannot validate their claims, people's ideas will clash, so they don't know what to believe. They wouldn't get angrier at me, they would get angry at each other.

Which is what happens already, more or less.

How would that change anything?

I admire that you're trying to take this guy seriously, but do you think he's actually considered any of the points you're bringing up? No, his entire motivation is he wants to wear a kewl costume, beat up two-dimensional bad guys straight out of a comic, and gain the love and acceptance that has eluded him until now.

Everything else he's making up on the fly.

I admire that you're trying to take this guy seriously, but do you think he's actually considered any of the points you're bringing up? No, his entire motivation is he wants to wear a kewl costume, beat up two-dimensional bad guys straight out of a comic, and gain the love and acceptance that has eluded him until now.

Everything else he's making up on the fly.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I'm genuinely concerned that Arrow might apply this two dimensional and simplistic view of crime to a real world situation and end up hurting somebody. Convincing him to change his path or, at the very least, become better informed about the path he is on would be a very good thing.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I'm genuinely concerned that Arrow might apply this two dimensional and simplistic view of crime to a real world situation and end up hurting somebody. Convincing him to change his path or, at the very least, become better informed about the path he is on would be a very good thing.
Like I have stated already, I'm getting a degree in criminology, and im not going to start for at least 6 years, by which time you all will have forgotten about this

Scenario:

Then what?
I pick them off before the fight starts

I'm not.

We will read it on here when he gets Ko'd or starts pepper spraying old women.

You will also see on here that I only would intervene in a crime in progress, and I also have 10 years of martial arts experience. I am more than capable of handling myself. But just in case, I'm going to be training for 6 more years

Like I have stated already, I'm getting a degree in criminology,

Nah. I think you're a rich frat boy. :o What do you tell your professors anyway? You often have to write a paper about what you intend to do with your masters. Do you tell them you want to be a "s00per hero"? :hehe:

and im not going to start for at least 6 years, by which time you all will have forgotten about this

And probably, so will you have. I doubt you'll keep this fantasy up for 6 months, let alone 6 years.

I pick them off before the fight starts

:lmao:

We forgot! Your athletic prowess will be unmatched by all! You will be able to take down 5, 6 bad guys in one swoop because you're such a bad ash! :awesome:

Arrow_22 will you be working entirely solo or will you have contacts within the police force

You will also see on here that I only would intervene in a crime in progress, and I also have 10 years of martial arts experience. I am more than capable of handling myself. But just in case, I'm going to be training for 6 more years

So you'll basically accomplish something once every other month. Maybe. Maybe. Coming across a crime in progress while on patrol is extremely unlikely.

So you'll basically accomplish something once every other month. Maybe. Maybe. Coming across a crime in progress while on patrol is extremely unlikely.
Not just while on patrol. I will have a police radio so that I can help in a crime in progress. I can help take down muggings or rapings- if I come across them on a patrol. I could help the police get known criminals as well.

Arrow_22 will you be working entirely solo or will you have contacts within the police force

He probably already donated a big search light to the police department in order for them to summon him. :o

Nah. I think you're a rich frat boy. :o What do you tell your professors anyway? You often have to write a paper about what you intend to do with your masters. Do you tell them you want to be a "s00per hero"? :hehe:

And probably, so will you have. I doubt you'll keep this fantasy up for 6 months, let alone 6 years.

:lmao:

We forgot! Your athletic prowess will be unmatched by all! You will be able to take down 5, 6 bad guys in one swoop because you're such a bad ash! :awesome:
Holy crap does the misinterpretation never cease?! I meant with a ranged weapon that I will have.

Who would win in a fight between you and Bane?

Yeah JJJ Ulcer you jerk!!! :argh: OBVIOUSLY it would be a ranged weapon JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE HE HAS A JOB

Not just while on patrol. I will have a police radio so that I can help in a crime in progress. I can help take down muggings or rapings- if I come across them on a patrol. I could help the police get known criminals as well.

1: Muggings aren't going to come up on police radio until after they're over 99 times out of 100.

2: The vast majority of rapes are committed indoors, in a place where the victim thinks they're safe, and are committed by someone the victim knows and trusts. The likelihood of coming across a rape in progress, either just by chance while on patrol of because of a tip from a police radio, is slim to none.

3: How do you propose to consistently respond to something you hear over a police radio before the police get there? If you get there after they have, there's no point, and if you arrive at the same time as the police, they'll likely assume that you are also a criminal, or at the very least see you as interfering with police business and attempt to arrest you, which would hinder your and their ability to deal with the situation.

4: Helping police get known criminals is really the only plausible thing you've suggested so far. How do you propose to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"