A Waste of a film?

EmmaFrostRules

Waiting for May 26th...
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do we seem to have been done wrong in this film. X-men 2 set up some really, really high expectations, and according to reviwers, x-men 3 just really isnt up to par....i feel that it just isnt fair on us that we have to suffer. i would have prefered to wait one year more so Singer could have done his X3....

EmmaFrostRules said:
Is it just me, or do we seem to have been done wrong in this film. X-men 2 set up some really, really high expectations, and according to reviwers, x-men 3 just really isnt up to par....i feel that it just isnt fair on us that we have to suffer. i would have prefered to wait one year more so Singer could have done his X3....

I don't think that would've happened! Singer's main reason for leaving X3 was b/c of 'He Who Shall Not Be Named' aka
Tom Rothman
and the disagreements they had! Singer would've done X3 if Fox hadn't taken so long with getting the film into production! Then when he jumped ship to do Superman Returns, Fox suddenly pushed the film into production and wanted it to be done before SR in a way to get back at Singer!

The rushed production the film got was what caused Matthew Vaughn to leave and I also think Fox wanted to cut out most of the story and drama in favour of action(which they've done to other films like Daredevil and FF4) also to get back at Singer and thats why Brett Ratner was chosen to direct! It was all to get back at Singer but I think SR might still be a better and more successful film and Singer will get the last laugh!

The only way Singer would come back was if another studio takes over the X-men franchise from Fox or if 'He Who Shall Not Be Named' met with an unfortunate accident! Either way I think Singer has washed his hands clean of the X-men films for good which is unfortunate!:(

EmmaFrostRules said:
but still, it isnt fair on us

Yeah it isn't but there was little we could really do!

hmmmmmmmm we should protest. i think if it turns out to be a ****ty film. then ill lay across the road

EmmaFrostRules said:
hmmmmmmmm we should protest. i think if it turns out to be a ****ty film. then ill lay across the road

oke well i think this will be a good movie...

EmmaFrostRules said:

LOL! What I think we should do is write a letter to Marvel and tell them not to allow Fox to destroy another one of their comic franchises but I think it would just fall on deaf ears!

hahahhhaa i would do that, but the letter would never be read (as i bet there will be so many letters of complaint). i don't care about cyclops or prof X dying. just don't cure rogue!!!

EmmaFrostRules said:
it is not a ****ty film imo

On the contrary ,it's really a good movie , fun , exciting even touching ..It just lack depht and sometimes the movie look a little rough

don't just go see it with X2 , in mind you'll be disapointed.

It's a really good movie on its own merits :)

EmmaFrostRules said:

I'd wait 3 years if it means not being disappointed.

if this is actually the last film of the franchise it is royally going to suck for it to end in darkness like the spoilers suggest. But at the same time from what i've heard there are two different endings being shown at the moment. The ending with the best reaction will be what debuts friday 05/26. But regardless of the ending either one clearly leaves the door open for a future sequel. so is this really the last x-men movie?

one avenue of hope is Stan lee. This is a man who listens as well as takes care of his fans. if its up to him this won't be the last x-men. although I think he already has his hands full with spiderman alone.

The worst part is no matter how much I b**** about the film I really want it to do well and critics to love it because who knows? Fox execs might consider doing another film.

I just hope that the F4 sequel and the wolverine movie aren't so bad.

Well, after watching the movie, the last scene, and that last little bit at the end of the credits, hypothetically yes, you can make a sequel. The question is, do you want to? The ending isn't that dark for me, not entirely cheerful either; but in a way that mirrors reality, and some things are meant to be irreversible and irrevocable, and should stay that way. Those still standing at the end of the movie have to pick up the pieces and move on. Is this really the war to end all (mutant) wars? Somehow I don't think so. If using the comics is a guide, the possible alternate futures of earth have sentinels battling mutants in a protracted war, and that's not the way I want it to go. I don't want another mutant demagogue stirring up emotions on both sides and starting the cycle again till kingdom come.

What war????
The brotherhood went to trash worthington labs, big whooptie!!!!
The stakes were much higher in the previous two films.

i agree on the war parts ..that's not a war it's barely a battle..(i said this to myself especially when Magneto said "it's time to end this war" )

Stryker attack on Xavier mansion was really more thrilliling.

They also went to kill a child. Leech was at the lab and they were there to kill him. I think the stakes are the highest in this(if this is the last movie) because I can see Magneto's point... what if the govenment decided that mutants shouldnt have a choice about the cure. X1 was them against Magneto, X2 was them against Stryker but the third is them against the world

sidkumar said:
The worst part is no matter how much I b**** about the film I really want it to do well and critics to love it because who knows? Fox execs might consider doing another film.

I just hope that the F4 sequel and the wolverine movie aren't so bad.
Franckly personnally even if i liked tha movie i hope it bombs lol no seriously.

I enjoyed it there are really good things in it , it's a good movie overall , but first i fear to see where Fox is going now with those " standard "that they have established :rushed shedule ,and it shows..good but not that great director (but the shedule doesn't helped him imo) second well serously thos movies deserve a first class treatement a la batman Begins imo ( and with X1 and X2 in their own ways we were almost there)

I'm hoping for a reboot and soon.(we can wait )

PowersOfMind said:
They also went to kill a child. Leech was at the lab and they were there to kill him. I think the stakes are the highest in this(if this is the last movie) because I can see Magneto's point... what if the govenment decided that mutants shouldnt have a choice about the cure. X1 was them against Magneto, X2 was them against Stryker but the third is them against the world
True ,even if yes i (slightly) was rooting for Magneto , intellectually especially, the execution doesn't give imo any real ambiguity , tension or epic feeling to all this..

it is just rather black and white and flat..

Well I guess that would be Mags view point everything is black and white for him because this cure shouldnt exist. I mean I would be angry if someone said that had a cure for being black. But yes the execution does seem a bit harsh.

Um, I don't think any of the cast would have returned if Singer would have come back. It seems they all hated him, each of them has stated as much in different interviews. Berry walked off the set of X2 and Cummings even said that while Singer was a good director it would be better if he didn't return.

When was all this said? I never heard that before, it was my understanding that everyone had a good relationship with Singer.

Yes, X3 is waste of film. I really, really hope now that Fox would've waited for Singer.

If time machine is invented in my lifetime I'm going to 2003 to visit Singer. ;)

All of the negative comments are just making me laugh. I just want to see the film and judge for myself. I love the comics. I love all the stories. But I understand this needs to appeal to the masses and it won't be the BEST film for the fans but I think it might be a damn good movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"