Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier and Erik both knew Logan was a mutant or they wouldn't have been there to recruit him in the first place. It wasn't like he was just some random duder they bumped into in a bar. I don't buy that he'd be that easily forgotten by two highly intelligent men who had learned enough about him to attempt recruiting him for their super-powered team of mutants. No way.

Also Xavier met Logan *again* after the events of the Wolverine movie.

well Xavier didn't meet wolverine in origins either, never once were they face to face so you could just say he was there for the kids that escaped as i doubt logan was important to have in his mind or so would gambit be in that case

and as for first class well Xavier was suppost to have delt with many mutants in over 20 years why would wolverine be the most important to remember? he remembered strikers son because he tried to help him but as for wolverine he may have seen him once or twice through cerebro but why would wolverine be more important to remember then other mutants he known or spoke too a lil longer in 20 years?

You're right on the Origins think. I just remebered Xavier made an appearance but not the details. I guess I should watch that turd again.

why would wolverine be more important to remember then other mutants he known or spoke too a lil longer in 20 years?

He was important enough to try and recruit, why wouldn't he remember him? or at the very least keep a file or something. Still don't buy it.

The majority of those things are only 'inconsistencies' in your mind. Just because you think something is inconsistent does not mean that it actually is.
And just because you don't see it as inconsistent doesn't mean it isn't either. :cwink:

i don't think X1 indicated that Xavier had never known about wolverine before... he just was meeting him "officially" for the first time. and Xavier did know alot about him.. which you can chalk up to his telepathy, or having followed him for a while

He was important enough to try and recruit, why wouldn't he remember him? or at the very least keep a file or something. Still don't buy it.

does Xavier keep files of mutants? i don't think that was the idea in first class it was just to recruit wasn't it?

i think Xaveir would have an amazing memory to remember every mutant he has ever met or seen through cerebro

if there was a flaw with Origins and first class it would have to be the fact emma is like a teenager and Xavier is bald in and walking in origins then in first class emma is an adult and Xavier has hair

i don't think X1 indicated that Xavier had never known about wolverine before... he just was meeting him "officially" for the first time. and Xavier did know alot about him.. which you can chalk up to his telepathy, or having followed him for a while

I agree. And in X2 we learned that Xavier and Magneto both knew a lot about Wolverine and his past.

I agree. And in X2 we learned that Xavier and Magneto both knew a lot about Wolverine and his past.

yup, and trust me, i call the X-movies out for there plot holes and inconsistencies.. but i don't think this is actually one of them, nor is it cockamamie fanboy ideal behind it.

Maybe. Still, there's a whole other laundry list of inconsistencies (that I apparently just conjured out of thin air!)

And in the end it doesn't bother me too much. What's most irritating about the whole ordeal are the apologists who refuse to acknowledge what's staring them right in the face.

The majority of those things are only 'inconsistencies' in your mind. Just because you think something is inconsistent does not mean that it actually is.

:doh:

Or we can drop the fanwanky attempts at explaining it and just admit it's an error. The world won't implode just because people accept that Fox didn't start thinking about consistency until it was too late.

Exactly. Since the films were conceptualized at different times it's pretty much a given that not everything is going to line up. I love this film series with a passion (some films a lot more than others!) but even I am not gonna say they were perfect. That said just because a film is not lining up with another film, should not deter your enjoyment of that film. A great film is a great film.

The bigger inconsistency in FC (more than Prof X/Stewart saying Magneto helped him build Cerebro) is the origin of Magneto's helmet. Considering Magneto already sported the helmet in FC to block Xavier from stopping him from harming Shaw, Xavier should not have been surprised that "Magneto has found a way to block me [Xavier]" when asked by Wolverine about having trouble finding Magneto's lair in the first X-men.

I find it amazing that people are excusing Xavier not remembering Logan after him and Magneto met him in FC (XMOW can be excused as they never shared a scene) and even tried to recruit him.

Considering mutants are a minority (and they are just finding out that they are not alone in this world) Xavier of all people should remember Logan. But I do agree it was never mentioned in X-men that Xavier doesn't remember Logan.

:doh:

Exactly. Since the films were conceptualized at different times it's pretty much a given that not everything is going to line up. I love this film series with a passion (some films a lot more than others!) but even I am not gonna say they were perfect. That said just because a film is not lining up with another film, should not deter your enjoyment of that film. A great film is a great film.

The bigger inconsistency in FC (more than Prof X/Stewart saying Magneto helped him build Cerebro) is the origin of Magneto's helmet. Considering Magneto already sported the helmet in FC to block Xavier from stopping him from harming Shaw, Xavier should not have been surprised that "Magneto has found a way to block me [Xavier]" when asked by Wolverine about having trouble finding Magneto's lair in the first X-men.

time imo only makes it worse... it gave the writers ALOT MORE TIME lol to watch the films to make sure there's fit

I find it amazing that people are excusing Xavier not remembering Logan after him and Magneto met him in FC (XMOW can be excused as they never shared a scene) and even tried to recruit him.

Considering mutants are a minority (and they are just finding out that they are not alone in this world) Xavier of all people should remember Logan. But I do agree it was never mentioned in X-men that Xavier doesn't remember Logan.

Who knows if there were other mutants they tried to recruit that didn't accept? And that was 1962 and it was a guy he only said three words to. Or maybe he did remember him.

There was a line by Magneto to Xavier in X2 "You haven't told him about his past..."

im pretty confident Xavier remembered Wolverine... and.. eh.. him not remembering is far more illogical

If that's genuinely how you feel, you weren't paying all that close attention, because Singer and Vaughn made it clear on a number of occasions during the promotional period for the film that the film was meant to be in-continuity with AT LEAST X-Men and X2, if not The Last Stand as well.

Granted, Vaughn did also say that FC was both a prequel and a reboot, but that's really not possible and isn't supported by the film's actual content.

But... the continuity errors... there are so many...

And even if they are bringing back characters from the original trilogy that have already been developed, it doesn't mean that there won't be too many characters in the movie.

I don't remember the names or faces of people I have legitimate conversations with... much less someone I said one word two 40 years ago.

That's the LEAST of this series problems.

GUYS! Look at yourselves...we're becoming the Bat Boards...

I don't remember the names or faces of people I have legitimate conversations with... much less someone I said one word two 40 years ago.

That's the LEAST of this series problems.

agrees, however... what we do know of Xavier.. he probably does know. I mean.. the guy seemed to have spent alot of time in cerebro over the years..

GUYS! Look at yourselves...we're becoming the Bat Boards...

8b2140cd.gif

8b2140cd.gif

8b2140cd.gif

Bye.

But... the continuity errors... there are so many...

And even if they are bringing back characters from the original trilogy that have already been developed, it doesn't mean that there won't be too many characters in the movie.

This is the last time I'm going to say this, and then I'm finished arguing with people:
The existence of inconsistencies - actual or perceived - does not mean that the X-Men films are not meant to exist as part of a singular continuity.

FOX has made it clear that, inconsistencies or not, the films do in fact occupy and comprise a singular continuity and have shown zero indication that they plan to change this in any way, shape, or form.

Bryan Singer has said that he does intend to do some 'clean up' but this does not mean that he's going to jettison or invalidate anything that currently exists as part of said singular continuity.

This is the last time I'm going to say this, and then I'm finished arguing with people:
The existence of inconsistencies - actual or perceived - does not mean that the X-Men films are not meant to exist as part of a singular continuity.

FOX has made it clear that, inconsistencies or not, the films do in fact occupy and comprise a singular continuity and have shown zero indication that they plan to change this in any way, shape, or form.

Bryan Singer has said that he does intend to do some 'clean up' but this does not mean that he's going to jettison or invalidate anything that currently exists as part of said singular continuity.

so... he's going to clean up inconsistencies.. without rewriting anything.. hmm yeah.. that makes sense.. not.

thankfully this is the last you're saying on the subject... because this is YOUR opinion.. you are not fact. (hate to break it to you)

so... he's going to clean up inconsistencies.. without rewriting anything.. hmm yeah.. that makes sense.. not.

thankfully this is the last you're saying on the subject... because this is YOUR opinion.. you are not fact. (hate to break it to you)

:whatever:

If you're so convinced that Singer and FOX are going to clean things up by splintering the continuity (even though they've shown zero indication of planning to do so), show me some factual evidence to support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"