Sequels Adapting Kraven on Screen

Abe Rush

Plagued for Life
Reaction score
A lot of us believe that Kraven the Hunter is going to be in a Spider-Man sequel (or at least has a chance of being in one), as he is often associated with The Lizard. My question is: Visually, how would you like him to look like? Do you want him to have to same appearance as in the cartoons and comics? Do you believe it is an appropriate appearance for a movie adaptation?

D3043.jpg

While we're at it... what about The Lizard? Would you rather see him with a long lizard face (à la the raptors in Jurassic Park) or with a flatter face, with big lips like in the old days? Don't be shy... share your thoughts!

I'd actually go less realistic on Lizard and more on Kraven. Lizard is a man being changed by Lizard DNA, anything between man and lizard is completely realistic. Actually it makes more sense for him to have a lizard head if he's animalistic and not able to talk and stuff...

As for Kraven, I'd say leave the leopard-skin pants far FAR away. Give him some rough-and-tumble typical bounty/big game hunter clothes and then at the end, let him break out this lion head which has been turned into a ceremonial hunting garb (PETA folks'll love that). But wearing three different mismatched furs? That's tacky, corny and not respectable... if we can have organic webshooters, we can drop the leapord pants.

And we can respect Kraven as a clever and wise person, and not just as a hunt-crazed luantic.

Great thread, first let me tackle the most important villain for me the lizard. I think he's gonna be the most difficult villian to get right because of his face, It has so many artist versions but for me none of them really fit exactly what i want in a live action version. I think they should go in terms of the body with a muscular lizard but not hulking just ripped and 4 or five inches bigger than doctor connors is in his human form. His body should be like the size of licans in the first underworld muscular yet very agile looking.

The face which is the most important thing should be a mix of the classic first look more humanoid with the more elongated lizard but not dinosaur looking please. The scales should be there of course but not huge rocklike scales but much more subtle.

His eyes should be centered in front and not in the sides of his face to give a more menacing look his mouth as i said should be elongated but not like a raptor remember his a mutation so there should be some slightly human features remaining his eeys which is the most important thing for me atleast. The eyes should have the catlike lines and his stare should be very devilish.

As for Kraven give him reglar blue jeans and a leather jacket and also give him lots of neclaces with different teeths and claws hangin and that's it. Oh and some big black boots lots of hunting knifes and a machete.

Kraven should wear animal skins,but he shouldn't look like that pic up there with the little booties he has on.

I think Kraven should look just like he did in the Comics. he has to look like a very tough Villian that is not going to be easy to takedown or defeat. In the Comics, Kraven had skin tight pants that I thought was a great look for him. I would like it if they kept the skin tight pants for Kraven in one of the Spidey films but if they change it, I won't be mad at all. as long as Kraven looks like he is a challenge that is going to be difficult to defeat. I think the Lizard should look like hedid in the Comics and that is not a big face but sort of a humanoid Lizard face which I liked alot. after all, Sam likes the classics so I think he is going to make them look great.

i know, i'v posted this in like ever lizard thread there been, but, whatever

So... is it safe to say that all of you want The Lizard to have big pointy teeth?

The Lizard will be very hard to do, without making him look like a dinosaur from Jurassic Park, Godzilla, Venom or a Critter!

As for Kraven... definetely not making him look like if a zoo vomited on him

D!

I could picture Kraven throwing a sleeping cheetah at spidey and spidey catches it and says:well this is new,I've never faced a villain who threw a sleeping cat at me before.

Then Kraven throws a net over spidey and the cheetah,then throws a marble size capsule that shoots gas that makes the cat wake up.

The Lizard will be very hard to do, without making him look like a dinosaur from Jurassic Park, Godzilla, Venom or a Critter!

As for Kraven... definetely not making him look like if a zoo vomited on him

D!

Yep the lizard will be hard his body will be the easiest part as long as he has long ass claws (no nails) white sharp claws with a slightly yellow look to them but the face damn it will be hard. Lots of research and lots of concept drawings it will be the biggest challenge in a villain. sandman I think was probably the easiest in terms that they easily sticked with the classic look which works fine in life action but lizard damn...

The thing is would they make him have traits from all kinds of different lizards,like would he have a skin of flap around his face that opens up like an umbrella.

That's a very good version Superkong! I like it

D!

What first one? All I can see is a pencil drawing of the Lizard. I like that version.

D!

I want Lizzy to look just like he does in the comics/tv show.

As for Kraven, he'll have to undergo a huge change. He cannot wear that stupid tight leotard on screen, it'll come off as if he's a reject from Blades of Glory. Just have him wear jeans, a shirt, and a sharp teeth necklace. Then in the last fight, he can throw the lion vest on.

Kraven should wear animal skins in a way, however should not wear leopardskin tights. They should approach him realistically as a tough veteran of the jungle.
I think they should give Kraven a very harsh grisly look especially around the eyes and have a backstory for him that make us care too; a reason why he hunts; a reason why he loves the thrill of the hunt.
Kraven isn't exactly an obvious choice for a movie villian but if tackled seriously and not too cheesy and properly developed he could be a great 3 dimensional villain to complement the Lizard on screen.

Kraven should wear animal skins in a way, however should not wear leopardskin tights. They should approach him realistically as a tough veteran of the jungle.
I think they should give Kraven a very harsh grisly look especially around the eyes and have a backstory for him that make us care too; a reason why he hunts; a reason why he loves the thrill of the hunt.
Kraven isn't exactly an obvious choice for a movie villian but if tackled seriously and not too cheesy and properly developed he could be a great 3 dimensional villain to complement the Lizard on screen.
Absolutely...

Kraven's look:
-Black cargo pants.

-Snakeskin boots.

-Knee/Elbow pads with spikes on them(spikes are made from the horns of a rhino or the ivory of an elephant).

-No shirt.

-Vest(on the back could be made out of crocodile skin,the front made out of cheetah skin,and around the neck could be fur that is made from a lion's mane).The vest could shoot out a cloud of gas if someone grabs onto Kraven.

-His arms and chest could be covered with scars from fighting with these wild dangerous animals.

-A big belt buckle with either a capital letter K on it,or with the picture of a lion on it.

-Four rings on each hand that are made from the teeth of animals that look like spikes that can do damage when he punches.

-A necklace with a talon on it as the medalion.(The necklace is actually his whip and the talon can be used to cut things or to grab ahold of things like a graphlehook when he uses it as a whip)

-Forearm has a mini cross bow that he uses to shoot poison arrows with.

-A bowie knife straped to one leg that has a zebra skin handle.

Kraven's look:
-Black cargo pants.

-Snakeskin boots.

-Knee/Elbow pads with spikes on them(spikes are made from the horns of a rhino or the ivory of an elephant).

-No shirt.

-Vest(on the back could be made out of crocodile skin,the front made out of cheetah skin,and around the neck could be fur that is made from a lion's mane).The vest could shoot out a cloud of gas if someone grabs onto Kraven.

-His arms and chest could be covered with scars from fighting with these wild dangerous animals.

-A big belt buckle with either a capital letter K on it,or with the picture of a lion on it.

-Four rings on each hand that are made from the teeth of animals that look like spikes that can do damage when he punches.

-A necklace with a talon on it as the medalion.(The necklace is actually his whip and the talon can be used to cut things or to grab ahold of things like a graphlehook when he uses it as a whip)

-Forearm has a mini cross bow that he uses to shoot poison arrows with.

-A bowie knife straped to one leg that has a zebra skin handle.
sorta like dundee mixed with terminator haha

A lot of us believe that Kraven the Hunter is going to be in a Spider-Man sequel (or at least has a chance of being in one), as he is often associated with The Lizard. My question is: Visually, how would you like him to look like? Do you want him to have to same appearance as in the cartoons and comics? Do you believe it is an appropriate appearance for a movie adaptation?

D3043.jpg

While we're at it... what about The Lizard? Would you rather see him with a long lizard face (à la the raptors in Jurassic Park) or with a flatter face, with big lips like in the old days? Don't be shy... share your thoughts!

I dont see what all the fuss is over his outfit. It's fine. It's the same crap over on the FF boards; "Oh, Galactus is too outlandish, and over the top. We better update his look.."

Man, Screw THAT.

Audiences seemed to have no problem accepting the Goblin flying over MAnhatten on his glider...a guy with four metal tentacles named Otto Octavius....or a guy made of sand, yet some of you think they'll have a problem with a big game hunter wearing a flashy lion's coat?

Please. :whatever:

It's all in the performance, and the presentation.

Anyone embarassed by the source material needs to go elsewhere, imo.

Out of all the villains, Kraven is the easiest to translate physically. Worst comes to worst, pull out the Crocodile Dundee look. Lizard, though, CANNOT LOOK HUMAN!!!! He's a monstrous lizard with a masculane body. Keep him like the pics above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"