Admit it, the movies that made you cry

Children of Men when all the soldiers and rebels stop fighting because of the baby. One of the most powerful and awe inspiring scenes ever.

Green Mile is the only other film that gets me close to tears.

The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Schindler's List - Never been able to watch this again because of its impact
Kramer vs Kramer - Same as above
E.T.
Phenomenon
Bicentennial Man
Ghost
Pay it Forward
Dead Poets Society
Good Will Hunting
The Passion of the Christ
Philadelphia
Patch Adams
Flight
Saving Private Ryan
Awakenings
The Color Purple
Field of Dreams - The bit at the end with the ghost of his father gets me every single time
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - I was devastated when Spock died, I thought he wasn't coming back...

I am sure there are others, but these sprang to mind.

Last edited:
Movies that made me misty eyed

Passion of the Christ- the only movie where I cried watching it

The rest of these movie I only got teary eyed.

Lion King- Mufasa's death

Toy Story 3- The ending

12 Years A slave -

Green Mile

Color Purple

Pixar's Up-

The Amazing Spider Man 2- Gwen's death and the two scenes with Spidey and the Kid

Last edited:
Amazing Spider-Man 2: Scene at the end with the kid
Toy Story 3
Up
Lion King
Passion of the Christ

E.T always makes me create an embarrassingly never ending water show. It's disgusting how teary that movie makes me to the point that I actively avoid it despite my deep love for that movie.

Last time I watched it was around a year or so ago and I was an utter mess.

I got pretty teary eyed watching Passion of the Christ, Pay it Forward punched me in the gut, Toy Story 3 made me shed a man-tear, I was holding back tears in 50/50, but there have only been two movies to ever make me sob. I held it together until I was alone, and then I just wept - The Pursuit of Happyness and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham - and I don't even speak Hindi, nor am I Indian.

EDIT - you bastard... this thread made me rewatch the bathroom scene from Pursuit of Happyness and now I'm crying. **** you man.

Last edited:
Um from recent memory as an adult that stick out vividly in my mind.

Brokeback Mountain - watching for the first time after Ledger passed

Green Mile - Watching for the millionth time after MCD passed.

Saving Private Ryan - while watching after my dad passed

X2 - Jeans death, my god. My first tears shed live in a movie theater.

Rocky Balboa - 3 times while watching that film. in theater.

The Dark Knight - just from just sheer happiness

The Dark Knight Rises - I was involved with the film and was a dream come true - sheer happiness yet again.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Dat end... it really got to me.

X-Men Days of Future Past - 8 long years of pain and torture finally flushed away. The feeling is very emotional.

Other films may have made me shed a tear, but I can't remember at this moment.

Family Man with Nic Cage believe it or not :(

Katsumoto's death and Nobutada's death in The Last Samurai. Powerful scenes with incredible sound scores. I was wiped out after I saw that flick at the movie theater.

E.T.
Up
Grave of the Fireflies
When the Wind Blows
The Plague Dogs

Remember The Titans
Armageddon

Those are the only 2 I can think of ATM but I'm sure its more lmao & don't get me started on TV series that made me cry

The only movie I've ever truly cried at (as in getting choked up and misty-eyed doesn't count) was 'Benji the Hunted'. I was pretty young at the time though I can't remember how young.

Anyway, I broke down at the ending in a way I haven't done since, at least not for movies. It wasn't even a sad ending, just bittersweet in a way that struck a chord with me. I've noticed that bittersweet with a healthy dose of selflessness is what really gets to me rather than something straight up sad.

Foreign films but Quill (it's like Hachi maybe better) and To Live (sadder than grave of the fireflies). Oh and the last scene in The House of Flying Daggers.

Oooh When The Blow Blows was quite sad too, even American Pop too.

That is what Spielberg wants. So many his movies, that in particular are so manipulative. E.T., I would not watch again. I tried watching part of War Horse, but seeing a horse get torn up set to John Williams music was too much, and ridiculous.

Well, War Horse or any movie for that matter about horses in WW1 should make you cry. The subject matter isnt easy stuff to swallow. What those animals went through, the word cruelty doesnt cover it. My only problem with War Horse is it needed a little more of a Saving Private Ryan intensity and grit.

As for the topic at hand, a large number of movies have brought a tear to my eyes, but Ive never bawled or gotten snotty nosed. And it really depends on the mood Im in and what's going on. If I can relate to something in a film then its more likely to hit me. Stuff regarding soldiers and sacrifice tends to hit a chord.

Movie scores make me emotional a lot, and not always in a sad way. Sometimes a score is just so damn epic that I get overwhelmed. A recent score that did this to me was Junkie XL's score for 300: Rise of An Empire. The Marathon score booming at the theater was worth the price of admission alone.

Last edited:
Talia's death in The Dark Knight Rises.

Tears of laughter, but still tears nonethless. :oldrazz:

The Incredibles (the scene when Mr. Incredible says he's not strong enough, then says "I CAN'T LOSE YOU AGAIN! I'm not strong enough" gets me every time)

And Frequency with Jesus Caviezel

The Incredibles (the scene when Mr. Incredible says he's not strong enough, then says "I CAN'T LOSE YOU AGAIN! I'm not strong enough" gets me every time)

And Frequency with Jesus Caviezel

That is a good one.

John Q--When Denzel says goodbye to his son, if you do not get teary eyed during that scene you have no pulse.

The only one I can think of is Walk the Line, but I'm pretty sure I was drunk and going through some stuff at the time.

I almost shed one at the end of Toy Story 3.

OK. Here goes my list:

Star Wars: A New Hope (scene where the ghost of Obi-Wan speaks to Luke)

E.T.

Braveheart (Freeeeeeeeeedom)

Saving Private Ryan (the ending with Capt. Miller telling Ryan, "earn this".)

A.I.

Transformers: The Movie (Optimus Prime's death)

Ghost

The Passion Of The Christ

The Cowboys (John Wayne's death)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"