• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Admit it, the movies that made you cry

There have been a couple of movies that have done it for me for various reasons.

50/50
Toy Story 3
The Dark Knight Rises

All of these had moments that just hit me like a perfect storm.

E.T.
Schindler's List
Forrest Gump
Good Will Hunting (It's not your fault)
A Beautiful Mind
Up

The last movie I think that made me cry was Up.

Nice avatar from TF The movie, did you thought Optimus's death was sad too?

The Monuments Men (when Bill Murray was in the shower and his buddy found a record player so he could hear the message from home, coupled with his daughter breaking up while singing to him on it)

But that's prob cause I have a soft spot for anything Bill Murray

The Fountain got me real bad. I cried at the end of Warrior too.

Spoilers:

[YT]LJa6cThrJKY[/YT]

Toy Story 3 - shed a single tear
50/50 - shed a tear or two
The Pursuit of Happyness - I cried
12 Years a Slave - I got emotionally ****ed

I shed legitimate tears during...

Toy Story 3
Up
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Color Purple
Mrs. Doubtfire
The Wrath of Khan
Rocky Balboa
12 Years a Slave
Armageddon
(not when Harry dies either)

The Shawshank Redemption sequence where the old guy hangs himself, and the close of The Green Mile made me cry like a little *****. The latter really tapped into my fear of dying alone.

Last year we were sort of making fun of this guy at work because he said he cried at the end of Return of the King when Frodo got on the boat. That being said, I'll be darned if, after watching all three movies over a weekend, I don't tear up a little bit when Arwen reveals herself to Aragorn and everyone bows down to the Hobbits. I didn't tell them that, of course.

Interstellar (The message scene after getting off the wave planet)

Only ones I can think of are Tarzan and Hardball when Kerchak and G-Baby die.

I don't know their names.
I remember the movies that made me cry are Indian movies.

Tarzan is a good one. When Tarzan left his mom, I cried like a baby. As an adult, I get teary eyed. The "You bow to no one" scene from The Return of the King is a great one, too. That scene has quite a bit of gravitas.

I also get a little teary eyed during in Man of Steel during the "The world's too big" scene.

The Dark Knight Rises (I cried really badly towards the end)
Titanic
Mysterious Skin
Requiem for a Dream
Candy
50/50
The Wrestler

The Wrestler (The scene where Mickey Rourke tells his daughter "I just don't want you to hate me")

Independence Day (When Randy Quaid asks the President to tell his kids that he loves them just before flying his jet into the alien ship main gun)

My Girl (The scene with Thomas J's funeral when Veda has a total breakdown, and during her poem at the end of the movie)

Armageddon (When Bruce Willis sacrifices himself to blow up the asteroid)

Deep Impact (When the astronauts were saying goodbye to their families before flying their shuttle into the comet to blow it up)

Return Of The King (When Frodo says goodbye to Merry, Pippin, and Sam before boarding the ship)

Best Of The Best (This one is actually my mom's. She always bawls her eyes out when Team Korea gives their gold medals to Team USA)

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 5 (Episode: The Body. When Buffy finds her mom dead. The whole damn episode is pretty tear worthy)

M*A*S*H: The Series (Specifically the episode where Col Henry Blake died, the episode where Radar went home, the episode where Hawkeye was in a mental hospital, and the series finale)

That's about all I can think of right now.

Only two I can think of right now:

- Field of Dreams (when he is playing catch with his Dad at the end)

- ET (First time I watched it about 30 years ago and ET "died". I cried right along with Elliott)

Oh I cried during several movies... I'll think about them later, but to this day I can't watch ET again. Is just... it gets me everytime, I haven't seen it in over a decade simply because I know I start feeling... just... sad.

The Wrestler

Best Of The Best (This one is actually my mom's. She always bawls her eyes out when Team Korea gives their gold medals to Team USA)

LOL! I remember shedding a few tears as a kid during this scene. Dae Han goes over to Tommy and says something about offering himself to him as his brother, then gives him the gold medal. He aplogizes to him for killing his older brother. It pulls on your hearts strings because during the fight Dae Han can barely stand, is bloodied all to hell, and his eye patch has been ripped off, showing his bad eye, standing defenseless as the time winds down. Tommy is a millisecond away from killing him. It's been 20 years since I've seen that movie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"