Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually make my way down to this forum, but are people REALLY that defensive over Thor's powers as portrayed in these ensemble showings? All the power in the world doesn't change that he was massively short changed in the first Avengers film in favour of Stark/Hulk. It's like the BvS forum and how huffy people get when you claim that Superman can't be an almighty god that could end the world with a flick of a wrist in a movie, you kinda have to depower guys like that.
Yeah you have to understand when your putting that many Heroes you have to depower them or its too much power and you have no movie.Its like Sports.Michael Jordan can do a lot on his own but when he played the game he had to pass the ball to Pippen.Every Star player has to unplay to be part of the team.As a writer this is no easy task.

I wonder how the Vision will sound. since JARVIS had no hint of robotics in his voice I doubt it'll be more robotic than Ultron.
It botherd me too but I think was the point for him to seem as humanistic as powerful as that's his whole evil believe he is real and knowing he looks like a Robot visually theres no way you cant know he is not however on the contrarty Vision looking more human I can guarantee will sound more Robotic.
I wish Ultron sounded more roboty.
Same Answer.

not DE-powered
some people are complaining they are under-powered in the movies

Wait, Thor and Hulk are depowered? Damn, that suxxors.
The same way they're going to overpower Batman and depower Superman in order to have them fight against each other.

Suspension of disbelief people.

not DE-powered
some people are complaining they are under-powered in the movies
You have to or its too much and totally understandable...I even noticed this in the comics years ago...It would take all of the Avengers to fight Absorbing man but Thor would fight him alone in his own Comic...Any villain the Avengers have fought have fought one and one with Hulk, Thor and even sometimes even Ironman.

images
images

I don't usually make my way down to this forum, but are people REALLY that defensive over Thor's powers as portrayed in these ensemble showings? All the power in the world doesn't change that he was massively short changed in the first Avengers film in favour of Stark/Hulk. It's like the BvS forum and how huffy people get when you claim that Superman can't be an almighty god that could end the world with a flick of a wrist in a movie, you kinda have to depower guys like that.

The only person who got short changed in the first Avengers film was Hawkeye.

The only person who got short changed in the first Avengers film was Hawkeye.
SHORT CHANGED????....Dude he wasn't even given a Recipt for his purchase much less Short changed.
Hawkeye got played and left out in the open much like this....
images

Last edited:
SHORT CHANGED????....Dude he wasn't even given a Recipt for his purchase much less Short changed.
Hawkeye got played and left out in the open much like this....
images

:funny:

Holy Smokes!!!
Check this out look what I found. Can you Imagine???
the-definitive-team-guide-civil-war-hey-guys-check-it-out-hawkeye-actually-looks-cool-jpeg-240542.jpg

I don't even know where its from I just found it.It looks like Movie Concept Art.

looks more like Darkhawk to me

haha, seems like he should be

but no, separate character, much different powers

This is from Johnson Ting, nothing official, I like his art but that design is ugly.

He's a Marvel
Hasn't been around since Avengers Arena a couple years back, I believe

HES Getting a CIVIL WAR upgrade! YES!
You think what made you think tht?

haha, seems like he should be

but no, separate character, much different powers
Yeah but do you mean ShadowHawk from Image Comics..Maybe your thinking...
N DUDE YOUR AVATAR MAKES IT HARD TO TAKE ANYTHINGYOU SAY SERIOUS I FEEL LIKE EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS A JOKE>>>
BUT ITS COOL IT MAKES ME LAUGH DRIVES ME CRAZY BUT MAKES ME LAUGH:drl:

This is from Johnson Ting, nothing official, I like his art but that design is ugly.
U Think I dig it because its practical for him not even having Caps Powers to be covered up n protected even his face.

COOLBEANS
I WONDER if he has powers like HAWKEYE
I LIKE Snakeeyes though
Marvel Dark Hawk I but I think it Looks more like Shadowhawk from Image Comics
images
images

Last edited:
I'm only making assumptions from what I've read.
You're missing my point though. The bold part..this is part of my point. It's tragic because of this, and because of Ultron, Banner becomes his own tragedy.

As far as Banner coming to terms, well yes. He did come to terms and Tony's beliefs were absolute.
It's not so superficial like you describe. Tony's character changed A LOT from before the final battle in A1, to A2.
Ultron tears them apart "from the inside". And that messes with Banner's head very deeply. It's not retreading anything because it's new. Look at Freud and all his neo Freudians, personality is ever changing. Ultron must mess with them so bad that Banner relapses as I said. It's a lot more than TIH. Because apparently the damage is SOO deep in Banner's psyche that Hulk feels it too. Banner thinks he's of no use and let's Hulk out. Hulk makes the decision to turn off the com, and further the pain Banner feels.

So we got Banner who is terrified of Hulk, and wants it gone, to slowly coming to terms with it..to taking Tony's encouragement and accepting who he is Hulk helps save the world, in phase 1.

Phase 2, Ultron happens and messes with everyone. Ultron, is a product of Stark's messed up self right now. Now Banner is probably having normal doubts again but because of the circumstance it becomes even more amplified. Banner who once came to terms with the Hulk goes spiraling down because of Ultron, and the damage is deep that Hulk feels it.

This is how I see it, and to be honest to me that's a character arc :/

Respectfully I have to disagree, and agree with Claire2281. Its already established that Banner has been mentally damaged by the Hulk in the previous two movies, and in Avengers there was a degree of him coming to terms with his situation. This is an disaster waiting to happen. Predictably the events in South Africa see Hulk at his very worst and Banner will be hurt by this and want to retreat.

But portraying him as wanting to run away when people need him the most is disrespectful to the character, and I suspect in this scene Banner will be shown to be a bit of coward and Widow the selfless hero. There is also no reason why under these circumstances Banner would invite Widow to join him when he leaves - he left Betty under similar circumstances because he knows the Hulk is unpredictable and can hurt them.

I think this entire Widow/Banner relationship has been included for the benefit of Natasha's story and not Bruces purely because we learn nothing new about him based on what we have read here (Hulk doesn't speak at all in this movie for example). I think the same will apply to the death of QS which will be purely for the purpose of SW character.

Since we know Bruce and Nat aren't living happily-ever-after (at least for now), I'm wondering if they will end up doing a BuckyNat relationship for the rest of the films.

Since we know Bruce and Nat aren't living happily-ever-after (at least for now), I'm wondering if they will end up doing a BuckyNat relationship for the rest of the films.

BuckyNat were great in the comics and would be great in the MCU. Although they are very similar their pasts would add a unique dynamic.

Instead we get Banner/Widow. :loco:

If Natasha has to be paired with someone in the MCU, I'd love to see her with Bucky. Even if it were just a strong friendship. Their relationship would be so interesting, and obviously worked well in the comics.

Does that mean the movie isnt good
i dont want to see it if it isnt good
DAG NABIT

I think it's different than what people were expecting. Definitely ends on a darker note so you don't leave feeling good like the first one.

If Natasha has to be paired with someone in the MCU, I'd love to see her with Bucky. Even if it were just a strong friendship. Their relationship would be so interesting, and obviously worked well in the comics.

I don't think their relationship in the comics will happen sadly, otherwise it will appear that she's jumping from one man to the next. I think that friendship may happen, but their comic story was great and its a shame if it isn't shown.

I don't think their relationship in the comics will happen sadly, otherwise it will appear that she's jumping from one man to the next. I think that friendship may happen, but their comic story was great and its a shame if it isn't shown.

honestly it would be a dream come true just to see them kicking ass together :yay:

hahaah... One french reviewer (a glowing review, by the way, calls it the Winter Soldier of the franchise) just compared Quicksilvers death with Trevor Slatery in the sense it will be controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"