Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't sign everyone back on for two more Avengers films to sideline them for one of them. The stars of Infinity War will be the original Avengers, Thanos and the GotG. Plus SW, Strange, etc.

They will be the stars of part 2, not part 1. Why on earth do you think they'd make a new Avengers team if not to give them their own film? That literally makes no sense. Hell why do you think they're splitting IW in to two parts in the first place? It's because there are going to be so many characters. We've had two films focusing on the original team, and will finish phase 3 with a third. We don't need another film focusing on those guys, they need to set up the newbies otherwise the MCU will crash and burn after Phase 3.

Plus, where has everyone been signed on for two more films? I know RDJ had his contract renegotiated but that was so he could appear in Civil War IIRC.

All the rumours and sources I have seen have said that it will. Fiege has commented at least a few times on the rotating roster. The thing is, by the time Infinity War finishes most of the original cast will have used up their contracts. Plus by that point each main Avenger (Thor, Cap and Iron Man) will have had three films. So Marvel is trying to build a second team over the course of phase 3 which people will have just as much investment in to replace the old characters/actors. And IW part 1 will be their debut.

Phase 3 will see the original Avengers dead, retired or incapacitated leaving the new team to fight Thanos in part 1. Then in Part 2 the original team (plus Captain Marvel) reunites to save the day. It seems like the new team will consist of Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine, Falcon, Spiderman, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man and The Winter Soldier.

I mean seriously, did you think they'd make a brand new team and then not show them off?

I wish they would. A Movie or two with the new team would be awesome. But I'm smart enough to know it won't happen. They will have small roles, but by no means will they have a film focus on them, as you suggest. It would be great if they did though.

They will be the stars of part 2, not part 1. Why on earth do you think they'd make a new Avengers team if not to give them their own film? That literally makes no sense. Hell why do you think they're splitting IW in to two parts in the first place? It's because there are going to be so many characters. We've had two films focusing on the original team, and will finish phase 3 with a third. We don't need another film focusing on those guys, they need to set up the newbies otherwise the MCU will crash and burn after Phase 3.

Plus, where has everyone been signed on for two more films? I know RDJ had his contract renegotiated but that was so he could appear in Civil War IIRC.

I feel bad now so lets just pretend that you are right so you can go back to being happy and lets all believe that this is what will happen. IW1 will focus on the new team, and they will be the main stars of the film. Yaaaay!

They made a new Avengers team because that is Cap's role. To lead. He wasn't leading anyone. Now he is. It also the result of the "breakup". bringing the band back together is the whole idea of the breakup.

Will there be a new Avengers team in Infinity War? Yep. But they will be part of it. They won't be the starts. You think with Evans, Hemsworth, Scarlett, and RDJ around, they will attempt to sell and Avengers movie without them? There will be plenty of characters, as the big hitters like Strange and the Guardians will be showing up.

Oh I know, lets take our three billion dollar franchise, and not bring anyone back for the next sequel. Especially with no Iron Man movie in the works. Come on. :funny:

I'm worried Iron Man won't be in IW:p2. Isn't Downey only contracted for one more film (Civil War not included)?

They made a new Avengers team because that is Cap's role. To lead. He wasn't leading anyone. Now he is. It also the result of the "breakup". bringing the band back together is the whole idea of the breakup.

Will there be a new Avengers team in Infinity War? Yep. But they will be part of it. They won't be the starts. You think with Evans, Hemsworth, Scarlett, and RDJ around, they will attempt to sell and Avengers movie without them? There will be plenty of characters, as the big hitters like Strange and the Guardians will be showing up.

Oh I know, lets take our three billion dollar franchise, and not bring anyone back for the next sequel. Especially with no Iron Man movie in the works. Come on. :funny:

Your reasoning would make sense if the original cast were contracted indefinitely. But they aren't. Once Phase 3 is over Ruffalo and Renner will be the only original Avengers with films still left on their contract IIRC. Ergo, they need to test of the waters and prove that the MCU can do well without the original cast.

Your reasoning would make sense if the original cast were contracted indefinitely. But they aren't. Once Phase 3 is over Ruffalo and Renner will be the only original Avengers with films still left on their contract IIRC. Ergo, they need to test of the waters and prove that the MCU can do well without the original cast.
Ergo, you cash out. You make your billions on the two IW, and if you need to rebuild, you rebuild. You don't waste a huge money spinner. Can you imagine none of the Avengers showing up again after Civil War? No. Just look at the press tour this time around. Make no sense.

Indeed, it is in the best interest of Marvel, long-term that is, to invest time and money in different characters. The fact that they are even making movies for different characters (Black Panther, Dr Strange, Ant-Man) shows they are doing just that: looking to see what characters might have traction and could take over the lead-roles.

People do realize that there best bet is recasting Iron Man, Cap, and Thor right? That is how they will make their money. That is why they keep on bring up James Bond.

Plus Hems is young enough to go for a while more yet.

Plus Hems is young enough to go for a while more yet.

Hems is the one that seem reluctant to stay on after his trilogy.

Downey and Evans seems to be opened to doing more.

Anyone know how many films did ATJ sign on for?

I need to know they want to bring QS back to life.

How about Thanos killing them off?

Yep. That's the kind of high stakes I was thinking of. Thanks would mean the destruction of Earth and everyone living on it. I think that would be reason enough to leave the farm and pick up the bow and arrow again. That's if he doesn't pop up again in Civil War, even if it's on a non combatant basis.

Re: the [BLACKOUT]QS/ATJ[/BLACKOUT] thing

I call BS as the way I see it, it was either only a one picture deal from the start and the character was always going to bite the big one, or it is in fact a multi-picture deal with the character returning at some point. I really dont see Marvel bowing to an actors demand of a one-picture deal instead of a multi-picture deal, just so they can secure his/her services. Especially if said actor is not a major megastar [or household name] with a lot of clout. They could simply move onto another alternative who will sign a multi-picture deal.

Guys..need some help here. .so ultron wanted to rid the world of humans and the populate the earth with many "humanoid-vision" right?

And vision is a good person/robot
Because jarvis is installed into it right

I'm not sure how Ultron planned to repopulate the Earth, if at all. I think he mentioned replacing everyone with robots, but I don't know whether he meant lots more Ultron drones (all sharing his hive mind) or whether he planned to use Dr Cho's technology and the vibranium resources in Wakanda to build a new species of Vision like independent organic robots.

As for why Vision could pick up Thor's hammer. I think it was a combination of his programming/personality which was Jarvis, including his "must preserve human life at all costs" mentality, and the fact that he was a newborn who hadn't been adversely impacted by ordinary human stress and negativity. Vision was pure and innocent and only had good intentions, so apparently he was worthy of wielding the hammer.

It was addressed in the film and I'm sure it will be clearer on a re-watch, especially of the rumoured extended edition.

Guys..need some help here. .so ultron wanted to rid the world of humans and the populate the earth with many "humanoid-vision" right?

And vision is a good person/robot
Because jarvis is installed into it right?

I really don't get the vision character in the movie..I watch it twice already, in what way is he worthy? To lift the hammer? He is basically a newborn..its like a baby..babies are pure and good nature I suppose..and that means all babies are worthy? And can lift the hammer? Vision basically lift the hammer like 10mins after birth? What has he done to deserve the worthiness? Someone like Cap is more worthy.

can anyone enlighten me pls :)

Can anyone help with this please..it has bother me for a wwhile. .just can't figure it out.

I'm not sure how Ultron planned to repopulate the Earth, if at all. I think he mentioned replacing everyone with robots, but I don't know whether he meant lots more Ultron drones (all sharing his hive mind) or whether he planned to use Dr Cho's technology and the vibranium resources in Wakanda to build a new species of Vision like independent organic robots.

As for why Vision could pick up Thor's hammer. I think it was a combination of his programming/personality which was Jarvis, including his "must preserve human life at all costs" mentality, and the fact that he was a newborn who hadn't been adversely impacted by ordinary human stress and negativity. Vision was pure and innocent and only had good intentions, so apparently he was worthy of wielding the hammer.

It was addressed in the film and I'm sure it will be clearer on a re-watch, especially of the rumoured extended edition.

Thanks..I must have miss out on some of the important piece of info..I watch it twice and still dont really get it..

Ergo, you cash out. You make your billions on the two IW, and if you need to rebuild, you rebuild. You don't waste a huge money spinner. Can you imagine none of the Avengers showing up again after Civil War? No. Just look at the press tour this time around. Make no sense.

I did not say that the original Avengers would not appear post Civil War. Just that they would not appear in IW Part One. Part Two would focus on them. Your proposal is incredibly short sighted - basically you'd have them wait until all the original actors have left and then try to rebuild. Why not instead think smart, think ahead and set up the ground work for new Avengers before the original actors have used up their contracts? That way if the new Avengers do less well, they actually still have the old actors around to renegotiate with, giving then more time to adjust their plan.

Now potentially you could renegotiate the contracts. But for what? Do they really want to spend millions on a bunch of bored, ageing actors who no longer want to be there, and whose presence stagnates the story? If Marvel can continue to make money without paying RDJ hundreds of millions they will. And they want to test that theory.

Potentially you could recast as well, but then you a.) destroy the MCU's intricate continuity - one of it's main selling points - as you move into "comic book time", and b.) the new actors have to live up to the expectations set by the old ones. What actor can top RDJ's portrayal of Iron Man? Much better to let new actors have a crack at new characters, which they can play without the shadow of their predecessors hanging over them.

Ultron's original plan was not to wipe out all human life. He wanted to create an extinction level event that would thin the herd dramatically with the strongest evolving to survive, leaving him in his new Vision body to serve as their ruler that they would up look to 'like he was God' etc. I think that he doesn't go on a wholesale murder spree after his birth (casualties at facilities he was raiding were those who tried to fight back etc), his confused "I'm so sorry...I'm sure that will be ok" after cutting Klaws arm off, keeping the Widow alive so he had someone to talk to and so on, all suggest he wasn't hell bent on killing 'all things fleshy'. He knew humanity as it is was the true obstacle to 'peace in our time' and wanted humanity to evolve.

He even states to Wanda (when she realised his plan on linking with the Visions mind) that it took 6 'ELE's to finally take out the Dinosaurs.

It's in the final battle he gets p#ssed off with them all and says the 'only thing left living will be metal'.

Last edited:
I don't recall any scene showing Vision to be extremely dense/heavy.

But, the action scenes seemed to be pretty evenly split between showcasing the individual Avengers and showing them working together as a team, so it's possible that Vision manipulated his density overtly in the "team" scenes and I missed it because my attention was on another character/area of the screen.

I don't think they used it and if if so it was very difficult to catch with everything that was going on so I hope they use it more explicitly in a future film.

Im kinda confused as to how the mind gem was used to grant superpowers to the Twins.I mean the gem is only used a a tool for mindpowers.Dont get how superpowers could come from it.

I don't think they used it and if if so it was very difficult to catch with everything that was going on so I hope they use it more explicitly in a future film.

If I am not wrong, he phased his hands into those flying drones at the final battle.

war machine even make an comment about this right after..

Im kinda confused as to how the mind gem was used to grant superpowers to the Twins.I mean the gem is only used a a tool for mindpowers.Dont get how superpowers could come from it.

The gem also seems to include the blueprints for an AI, the whole thing with the sceptre is kinda nuts :loco:

It's called making a good movie that people care about. That whole theme with Hawkeye's family made the audience feel a lot more scared for Hawkeye during the final battle and made the moment leading up to and including when quicksilver sacrifices himself for Hawkeye and the kid 100x more meaningful.

Got to read more carefully dude. We weren't saying anything against Hawkeye's family, I really liked that element. This is about making it difficult for Hawkeye to appear in future films because of that last minute unnecessary extra scene. I said before the film came out I was glad they're giving a superhero a normal family and it's cool they kept them alive rather than killed them off in an attempt to provide motivation to the hero (which is done too much) or get them captured by the villain or put in danger like Spidey's girlfriend of the time is in EVERY Spidey film! This is a legit well functioning safe house and family set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"