Age of Ultron Age of Ultron SPOILER thread, DO NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!!! - Part 5

Here:

But since reading comprehension is obviously a problem let me parse each word for you:

Will you give up the other woman: Other woman means Iron Man
I’m going to stop just for you: Stop is again referring to being Iron Man
He is a hero now outside of the suit: Again referring to no longer being Iron Man
He will almost certainly go back on his promise: That means the promise to stop being Iron Man. He can't very well go back on something if he didn't do it in the first place.

I don't know how much clearer this can possibly be. But I hear DeNile is great this time of year.

Wait why are you quoting printed stuff from the first draft?

Shane Black said, “At the end, if he’s going to prove to Pepper…in the version of the first draft, she didn’t want to give up her powers. She said ‘I can’t do it. I can’t go back.’ And he said, ‘Well, how about if I give it up then. Will you do that for me?’ And he had this scene, which was very romantic, where he sacrifices the suits in order to get her to give up her power.”
Drew Pearce added, “And that was where it started, and I think it came to mean something else. The key word in the later versions and the filmed version is this idea of distractions, and the fact that literally, physically Iron Man has been getting in the way of their relationship.”
Shane Black said, “Well, what it is really is ‘Will you give up the other woman?’ I can’t stop schtupping this other woman…and she says ‘Please,’ and he goes ‘Ok, I’m going to stop just for you,’ and she hugs him and says ‘Thank you.’”

All of this is from the first draft of the script. Pretty much Pepper didn't want to give up her powers so Tony told her he'd give up his other woman if she gave up her powers.

NONE of that happened on film. On film he blew up his suits to start fresh. Clean slate. He never gave up being Iron Man.

All of this is from the first draft of the script. Pretty much Pepper didn't want to give up her powers so Tony told her he'd give up his other woman if she gave up her powers.

Exactly why Drew Pearce prefaced his comments with how the scene "came to mean something else."

I lost a big post and I don't want to rewrite everything. But basically what I said is you are quoting an analogy the writer and director used to simplify the situation. It's not an exact representation or a very good analogy for that matter.

When Thor was having that "dream", I really thought he was going to

tumblr_m4g7qgSd5u1romndt.gif

So, Cap almost picking up the Hammah, I think he was just being humble. Like, he almost did it and was like, "Oh, I don't want to be that guy and embarrass everybody in the room. Just pretend it's too heavy."

So, Cap almost picking up the Hammah, I think he was just being humble. Like, he almost did it and was like, "Oh, I don't want to be that guy and embarrass everybody in the room. Just pretend it's too heavy."
Personally I think that's what happened too.

That's pretty much what it was. He knows he's worthy, as does Thor.

I don't think that Cap faked it. Not least due to his reaction to Vision picking it up. Both when it happens and at the end when they discuss it, just before Thor leaves.

Personally I think that's what happened too.
I think what happened was he is almost there but not just yet because remember he is still finding his place.I don't even think he noticed it moved.
That's pretty much what it was. He knows he's worthy, as does Thor.
No I don't think so however it makes me wonder because what made Thor worthy per-say if we must ask what makes a person worthy is a Self sacrificing act because that's what Thor did against Destroyer but then that brings to question why not Tony is he did the same at the end of Avengers 1 with the Nuclear missile.Maybe its dying because it seemed Thor died for a Moment?

Mjölnir;31368853 said:
I don't think that Cap faked it. Not least due to his reaction to Vision picking it up. Both when it happens and at the end when they discuss it, just before Thor leaves.
Or he didn't pretend he couldn't lift it but noticed he did move it.So he had some questions.
Seems like the hammer changed its mind. "Hey this guy is worthy. Oops never mind hes just a human"
No I think he has some qualities his heart being pure and all but there must be some other qualifications.Its not being human because he has lifted it in the Comics and so has Superman.
It must be the Heart,a Humble Pure Self sacrificing Heart.Check this site out guys.....
http://observationdeck.io9.com/the-worthy-14-characters-who-possessed-the-power-of-th-1605439233

Last edited:
Yeah, I know Steve's worthy in the 616, I just think in the MCU Steve's pretending he's NOT

Do you think we will see Cap actually lifting Thor's hammer in the MCU at some point in time?

i think they blew their wad with vision picking it up. there won't be the same "oomph" for cap now.

i think they blew their wad with vision picking it up. there won't be the same "oomph" for cap now.

Exactly.....that was the "wow" factor for the audience. If Cap has the same moment no one will care. Just another guy on the team who is worthy of Thor's hammer.

honestly... I don't think cap lifting Thor's hammer is a big deal... and it's really just our fanbase wanting it.. its not a big deal at all..

I don't want Steve to pick it up in the MCU. To be honest there's way too many freaking people to have picked up the hammer. Having Superman and Wonderwoman pick it up was pure *****ebaggery on behalf of the JLA/Avengers writers, having Magneto pick it up in the Ultimate universe was even worse.

They proved their point in having him budge it. He's the closest guy to be able to be worthy enough to do it, but he's still not worthy.

Vision doing it makes perfect sense as his motives were pure. Most of the team wanted to kill Ultron, Vision did not, but he knew he had to be stopped. Thor lost the worthyness when he was willing to bring war to the 9 realms to prove how tough he was.

I really don't want to see anyone else pick up the hammer. I certainly don't want to see anyone else in the comics do it.

Black Widow Captain America And Groot should pick it up. Beta Ray Bill too

Black Widow Captain America And Groot should pick it up. Beta Ray Bill too

**** NO! This is not the comics. I agree with whoever said they "shot their wad" with Vision. It was great for this film and extremely funny. They got the bit with Steve budging it, which no human has done. No one else needs to lift it.

Very unlikely that Beta Ray Bill won't be in the MCU.

Cap wasn't able to lift it because they were playing a game.

If **** was serious he would have lifted it. Case in point: Vision doing it because they had to stop Ultron.

So I think Cap is as worthy as Vision, it wasn't just the right moment, which is why he will do it in IW.

Another theory is that Vision, as an Android, doesn't have human flaws

I didn't realize that the New Avengers consist of 2 females, 2 black guys, a robot and only 1 white guy :wow:

Last edited:
Do you think we will see Cap actually lifting Thor's hammer in the MCU at some point in time?
I hope so!!! He doesn't have to change, just toss it back to Thor in some manner without thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"