Agent 13

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by BullMcGiveny, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Loki882 Registered

Great-niece actually.

2. Raiden Wakanda Forever

One thing I'm worried about Sharon in Cap 3 is that she will be following the footsteps of Peggy (TFA) and BW (TWS), both of them had great chemistry with Evans' Steve Rogers and still maintained their identity as strong, capable women. Sharon will need great characterization in order to live up to her predecessors.

3. CaptainCanada Shield of the True North

Natasha genuinely didn't seem to know who Peggy was when they went to that old SHIELD facility to find Zola, so I don't think she knows about the connection either.

She'll have the same writers as the other two, so I don't see any particular reason to worry there. Past performance is no guarantee, of course, but if they slack off in writing Sharon, it's probably indicative of bigger problems with that movie than anything else.

4. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

This. Plus EVC is good enough to hold the screen on her own - she carries her own show and is a complex and compelling character.

5. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Yeah, she's facing an uphill battle merely by not being either of those already very popular characters.

She'll have to have something special to set her apart from both.

6. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Emily is a strong actress, She been carrying the show "Revenge" on ABC for 3 season straight so far, I have no doubt she'll be able to bring that type of performance in Cap 3 as Sharon Carter. She got a pretty good introduction in The Winter Soldier that was more than a cameo, she had several good scenes that show fragments of her character. She called out Sitwell when he issued the Manhunt for Captain Rogers, then she stood up to Crossbones. I can't wait to see her character develop more in Cap 3.

7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Maybe if someone puts a pillow over Peggy's head before Sharon goes to visit her, that will set her off into full revenge mode. She'll take down everyone responsible for the death of her great aunt, even if that involves going systematically through the whole of Hydra. She'll be crossing off names on a list kept in her Infinity Box (where she probably keeps some version of the Infinity Formula or an Infinity Stone). :oldrazz:

8. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Oh Emily VanCamp will definitely *bring it* if she's given the chance.

And I was so used to seeing her in Revenge, plotting and revenging, that when I saw the Winter Soldier, I was kinda not happy she was only there for a handful of scenes.

9. Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I have seen several comments about her not seeming like an important/substantial/badass SHIELD agent, but here's the thing...

Would they assign her as Cap's "bodyguard" if she wasn't a badass?

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Sharon needs to carve an infinity symbol onto Cap's door.

11. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

The logic is sound, but people want to see a character be a badass rather than getting the implication. Show, don't tell.

12. Xeno That's America's ass!

The cardinal rule of storytelling is: Show, don't tell. The movie didn't show us Sharon doing anything really badass and telling us isn't enough. She didn't stand out in any way. Had I not known who she was going in I wouldn't even remember her. Van Camp made less of an impression than the frightened SHIELD technician who refused Rumlow's order to launch the Helicarriers.

13. Raiden Wakanda Forever

But she was the one who was pointing the gun at Rumlow, and in my book that counts quite a lot. Would I want more Agent 13 in TWS? Absolutely. But the Russo Bros. clearly wanted to set her up for Cap 3, and I don't have a problem with that. Quite frankly, if you tell me to edit out something from the movie and insert additional scenes of Sharon, I'd find it hard to do so since the movie is so tightly-plotted, and there's no filler anywhere. So I like the movie the way it is.

14. Silvermoth Avenger

I don't think the audience ignored Sharon. I think she is in their mind which will set things up for the sequel nicely.

Can't wait for more of the divine ms carter! I hope she and widow get to party sometime soon

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Anyone think that Agent 13/ Sharon Carter could do a voice-over narration at the beginning and end of Cap 3? She could talk about themes of retribution, deception, infinity etc.

16. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

notice Sharon is in white
    [​IMG]

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Is that a scene from the movie? I don't remember that. And where do you see her in white? That top looks pink to me.

18. Silvermoth Avenger

I don't know. Sometimes that tactic can feel a bit tell don't show. It's takes the suprise out.

I suppose at the end if they do the assassination thing they can have Sharon writing everything down in a journal trying to get her head around it

19. DN91 SSR Agent

She was also the one who vocally questioned the initial orders to go after Cap, too.

20. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If you're replying to my post about Sharon doing the voice over, that was a Revenge joke.

21. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

And people need to realize that these characters will be in more than one film and can't expect ever character to shine right away. I do agree she could have had a bit of a bigger role, but we all know she'll be back and will really shine.
    That was like... her biggest scene.

22. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

If Sharon is meant to be a major player in Cap3 (female lead, maybe?) then she should have shone a little.

I'm not talking about her donning a white catsuit and bursting into Pierce's office, but something to show that she's more than a random SHIELD agent that Steve has a mild crush on.

Her role, as it was, only works if it was in a non-Cap movie. Clint's cameo in Thor worked because he's not a Thor character and he went on to greater things in other places.

23. Silvermoth Avenger

I think they did a good show of showing she's more than the average shield agent and her role was much better than hawkeye.

It was always going to be a teaser for future installments though so it's not like the character is finished

24. LostSon88 Registered

They showed enough.

25. MarvelKnight Registered

With the way Marvel writes their women characters, they will give VanCamp plenty of opportunity to make it her own and show that she is capable to be in the big leagues.

With what little showing she had in TWS, I think she did fine. It was a better introduction than Hawkeye in Thor, I think.

Marvel will give ample opportunity to show EVC is capable of holding her own surrounded by the likes of ScarJo and Evans