The Winter Soldier Agent 13

Marvel should make an Agent 13 one shot. It could either be set in the past before the events of CA:TWS or in the present, showing her career in the CIA now.

They could also have her appear in a few episodes of AOS. Heck, that show gave Lady Sif more development in ONE episode than both Thor movies combined. I see no reason why it couldn't be the same for Sharon.

They could also have her appear in a few episodes of AOS. Heck, that show gave Lady Sif more development in ONE episode than both Thor movies combined. I see no reason why it couldn't be the same for Sharon.

Gonna have to agree about that Sif episode. I like Natalie Portman but her character Jane pretty much pushed Sif out of the picture, and imo they wasted Jaime Alexander's talent in those Thor movies.

notice Sharon is in white
KdpxKDI.jpg

That's pink.

That's what I said before.

And I agree that Sharon could've been in AOS before. Even if they gave her name away, it's not like all the fans didn't already know who she was. And most of the general audience might not even watch AOS so they wouldn't be spoiled. At least she would've been fleshed out more and we would have actually seen her as an agent while SHIELD still existed. Now if she appears on the show it will just be as CIA.

I kind of have mixed feelings about Sharon on AoS. Obviously, I won't turn down anything they might give her at this point, but the show seems chiefly concerned with its own original characters and its own original mythology. Of all the agents on the show, two are from the comics, with a third on the way. And of the three, one is a villain, one was killed, and one is probably going to be a villain.

Then there's the quality of the show.

But as I said, I'd welcome anything.

It would be cool if the Russos could direct a couple of episodes with Sharon in them, though.

I wonder if they could/will just sever the connection with Peggy and call her Sharon Cain or something.

Sharon Clarke or Sharon Thorne perhaps?

If we see Sharon on AOS, I wouldn't be surprised if it was working for Nick Fury. She already said she'd worked for Nick, to monitor Steve, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fury is using her to keep tabs on the rest of the world through the CIA. There's also the fact that there seems to have had to be a time break in CATWS between the Helicarriers going down and the montage. As seen, in AOS there's a war going on across the world, and SHIELD is under attack, so I doubt they just went to senate hearings, especially given that those looked like long arduous meetings that Black Widow was going to, unless they put her into protective custody, after the Triskelion fell, she'd be fighting for SHIELD against HYDRA.

I wonder if they could/will just sever the connection with Peggy and call her Sharon Cain or something.

Meh. What would be the point? Seems like something that would deliberately rile up fans

Meh. What would be the point? Seems like something that would deliberately rile up fans

Bypassing the issues many have with Steve's love interests being related, as well as the screentime needed to tackle it.

I am pretty sure at SDCC last year they introduced Emily as Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter(At 8:11):

[YT]Gh5hCBlD-tc#t=491[/YT]

Bypassing the issues many have with Steve's love interests being related, as well as the screentime needed to tackle it.

Nah don't worry about it. Sharon is very different to Peggy as is Stevens relationship to both characters. Sharon and Steve have more of a modern day "bones" type relationship where she's a professional and he helps but there's a fair bit of ust going on.

Also, that dating the descendent of someone I used to have feelings for thing is never a problem in many of the korean dramas I watch

I am pretty sure at SDCC last year they introduced Emily as Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter(At 8:11):

Yeah, but there's no reason they can't change their mind.

I am well aware of Sharon having her own merits, but some people are just unwilling to view it objectively.

And her being related to Peggy does complicate things, in that you need to show Steve developing feelings for her without being aware of who she is related to. Which is a bit hard because who's around someone long enough to love them without asking what their full name is?

Or you need to show Steve finding out and reacting, and then have time to take it in, react, and have the story proceed in a way to justify them falling in love. Which would take time and would have been easier if Natasha just told him her full name.

In related news, I was indifferent about EVC as Sharon, before and after seeing the movie, and to be honest wouldn't mind her being recast.

However, wow

tumblr_n44svvSB5r1rmv4d0o5_250.png

Yeah, but there's no reason they can't change their mind.

I am well aware of Sharon having her own merits, but some people are just unwilling to view it objectively.

And her being related to Peggy does complicate things, in that you need to show Steve developing feelings for her without being aware of who she is related to. Which is a bit hard because who's around someone long enough to love them without asking what their full name is?

Or you need to show Steve finding out and reacting, and then have time to take it in, react, and have the story proceed in a way to justify them falling in love. Which would take time and would have been easier if Natasha just told him her full name.

In related news, I was indifferent about EVC as Sharon, before and after seeing the movie, and to be honest wouldn't mind her being recast.

However, wow

tumblr_n44svvSB5r1rmv4d0o5_250.png

EVC did a good job as Sharon even with limited screentime. Why should she be recast? I think she will be even better once they boost her role in Cap 3.

EVC did a good job as Sharon even with limited screentime. Why should she be recast? I think she will be even better once they boost her role in Cap 3.

I didn't say should. I said I wouldn't mind.

She did a good job with what she got, but what she got wasn't enough to really make the character her own, IMO.

Which is to say, it isn't EVC's fault, its the writers.

I didn't say should. I said I wouldn't mind.

She did a good job with what she got, but what she got wasn't enough to really make the character her own, IMO.

Which is to say, it isn't EVC's fault, its the writers.

If Sharon was only supposed to appear in TWS only, then I would agree with you. But this is MCU, and characters get developed over time. BW did not have such a great impression in IM2 because she was there to look sexy and kick butt, but by TWS she has developed into quite a multi-dimensional character. I believe the Russo Bros. have plans for her, and I think she will get better over time.

If Sharon was only supposed to appear in TWS only, then I would agree with you. But this is MCU, and characters get developed over time. BW did not have such a great impression in IM2 because she was there to look sexy and kick butt, but by TWS she has developed into quite a multi-dimensional character. I believe the Russo Bros. have plans for her, and I think she will get better over time.

Black Widow at least got a chance to kick ass. Her actions had weight, and you can truly say they were a factor in resolving the plot.

And it was enough because she wasn't meant to be part of Iron Man's future supporting cast.

Sharon is, allegedly, supposed to be a major player later, but doesn't get to do nearly as much as Natasha in Iron Man 2. So I'm doubting that she is, indeed supposed to a major player later. Especially given certain comments the Russos, Marcus and McFeely made.

Last edited:
Black Widow at least got a chance to kick ass. Her actions had weight, and you can truly say they were a factor in resolving the plot.

And it was enough because she wasn't meant to be part of Iron Man's future supporting cast.

Sharon is, allegedly, supposed to be a major player later, but doesn't get to do nearly as much as Natasha in Iron Man 2. So I'm doubting that she is, indeed supposed to a major player later. Especially given certain comments the Russos, Marcus and McFeely made.

IM2 was made differently to Cap 2 though. IM2 seemed to have people more obviously crammed into the plot even though Cap 2 probably had more players overall. Also, one of the complaints people often made was that IM2 was more like a trailer for the Avengers. Maybe, if it had been made now, and by the Russos, Natasha might not have had as big a role but one more similar to Sharon where they're just introducing her. Maybe they're balancing things out more for Cap 2 compared to overloading it in IM2.

I disagree that Sharon wasn't given nearly as much to do as Widow in IM2. Sharon was there to help Cap save Fury's life in Steve's apartment, and she was pretty key in organizing SHIELD's resistance to HYDRA in the end in the Triskelion control room. She also sent Brock Rumlow's ass to the hospital. EVC had as much screentime and setup as Scarjo did in IM2.

I disagree that Sharon wasn't given nearly as much to do as Widow in IM2. Sharon was there to help Cap save Fury's life in Steve's apartment, and she was pretty key in organizing SHIELD's resistance to HYDRA in the end in the Triskelion control room. She also sent Brock Rumlow's ass to the hospital. EVC had as much screentime and setup as Scarjo did in IM2.

How?? Did I miss something?

Yeah, which movie did you see? Sharon wasn't even involved in the final fight between Rumlow and Wilson where the building was destroyed and Falcon had to jump, while Rumlow was trapped there.

Unless you mean by "sending Rumlow's ass to hospital" that Sharon simply made a phonecall and said "Can we have the paramedics sent please? We have a man seriously injured. His name is Brock Rumlow, and although he's a villain, he needs to be taken to hospital immediately."

Who was it that Sharon fought in the control room, then? I forgot that Rumlow's battle was with Sam. Was it Rollins?

Sharon briefly fought Rumlow but she hardly put him in hospital. He sliced her arm, there was a brief shootout, he escaped and eventually went on to fight Sam Wilson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"