Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E04 "The Blitzkrieg Button"

In episode 3 it's says the Battle of Finow took place in 1944 in Germany. Maybe a HYDRA experiment but they seem to be dealing with Levitation on this show instead.

One quibble about this episode. If Jarvis was in on it why didn't he looks through the crates of the Bad Babies when they found them and retrieve the blood sample? I'll have to watch again to see if he had any time alone after the phone call and the fight and the police showing up.

you know that name bothers me: "Levitation"
Could it be in a reference to the Cloak of Levitation possessed by Dr. Strange?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloak_of_Levitation

That argument between Peggy and Howard was incredible. Atwell positively emanated hurt and fury.

I love how the plot changed in this episode from finding Howard's maguffins to...whatever it is now. There's been a big relationship shift too since she no longer trusts Howard or Jarvis. And next week events get shaken up again when she goes to Russia. I love this show! :grin:

The pill that Dooley gave the German soldier was actually a breath mint.

Lol, I did not catch that at all. I thought he'd poisoned the guard, too. It did seem out of character, not to mention a stupid strategy to to get away with helping the Nazi escape.

I'm not so sure we should believe Sousa is who he says he is. He seems like a a prime candidate to be revealed as a spy.

Oh, I hope so. That would be so out of left field. Right now, most fan theories seem to center around Angie being not all that she appears to be.

Kind of a slow and boring episode for me. Next week looks to be better.

Someone remind me... (since I was apparently not paying close enough attention, and all these women look the same to me). Was it Angie, or the New Blond Girl, who killed babyface and took his autopistol?

Y'all. What if the Howard theft was just a ruse? What if they knew about Howard being the last person to hold on to Captain America's blood and they broke into his safe to get that and then took everything else as a cover? OMG, I'm dying! Can't wait until next week!

Y'all. What if the Howard theft was just a ruse? What if they knew about Howard being the last person to hold on to Captain America's blood and they broke into his safe to get that and then took everything else as a cover? OMG, I'm dying! Can't wait until next week!

I feel like that was the main reasoning behind it, still doesn't explain why it was just sitting on a boat the whole time instead of beinng rifled through in search of the blood. I thought the episode was great (I really wish Angie was the agent tho, not Dottie... who the F cares about Dottie??)

Here is my review of the episode for those interested.

https://otlnews.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/agent-carter-review-s1-ep-3-time-and-tide/

Now that I think about it, the big reveal about Cap's blood was kinda undercut (and possibly spoiled) by the previews discussing Peggy having to protect his legacy.

So he has the infinity formula as well? :-)

Easter Egg in Avengers:

-"does the army know what's happening here? "

-" Dooley? "

OMG

I thought it went:

-Do we?

as in the two cops didn't know what was going on either.

I'm also a Dollhouse fan, but I forgot he was in Avengers.

I'm very much enjoying this show, and I totally knew Bridget Regan was gonna be some kind of spy. I'm glad she's in a show that I watch now, since I haven't seen her since Legend of the Seeker.

Took me until this week to realize where I recognized Gjokaj from. :hehe:

So, we've got another little piece of info about the Battle of Finow. What we know so far? The battle happened somewhere in Germany in 1944, the Soviets lost hundreds of soldiers, but they weren't fighting the Germans. Who were they fighting? HYDRA, Leviathan, the Kree? How did Howard Stark learn about the battle so fast? And why are the two Soviet soldiers, seemingly killed in that battle, working for Leviathan two years later?

Last edited:
Kind of another slow episode like last week. This thing has turned out to be more of a potboiler than I expected.(Next week should finally change all that)

Nice to see Howard back. I'm glad the plot got more closely tied to Steve, with Cap's blood being around. I wonder if that's the blood that ultimately led to Banner's experiments?

So we have it confirmed now: Dottie is a killer. But is she a good killer or a bad killer? Follow the Yellow Brick Road!

I was hoping we'd see Stan again on AOS this season,but this is even better!:woot:

I'm very much enjoying this show, and I totally knew Bridget Regan was gonna be some kind of spy. I'm glad she's in a show that I watch now, since I haven't seen her since Legend of the Seeker.

Same here. I only wish she got something ongoing in the MCU. She's too good to waste on a mini series, never to be heard from again once it's over.

Odds are Dottie is the same person who murdered Agent K and the suspect/witness so she's a bad bad little spider.

How was she able to secure that room right near Peggy. It's not a coincidence that poor girl was finked on for being with her boyfriend and tossed out, so who did the dirty? Does Dottie have other compatriots on the inside?

Its cool that they may be delving into the history of the U.S.S.R.'s "Black Widow Ops" program and the covert espionage facility "Red Room".

Leviathan are the Russian Hydra so you could see why a Black Widow may be involved.

You can see a little Civil War seeds being planted in Howard Stark's way of doing things and Rogers way of doing things by way of Peggy.

Its cool that they may be delving into the history of the U.S.S.R.'s "Black Widow Ops" program and the covert espionage facility "Red Room".

Leviathan are the Russian Hydra so you could see why a Black Widow may be involved.

You can see a little Civil War seeds being planted in Howard Stark's way of doing things and Rogers way of doing things by way of Peggy.
Indeed. And I won't be surprised if we hear of plans for a global peace-keeping program (perhaps named Arsenal?) which will later become dormant, then be revived by Tony, as Ultron.

Well we know that Howard and Peggy eventually make up because he invites her to come and run SHIELD with him in the one-shot (which they've said takes place AFTER this). Also:
supposedly she and Howard cameo in Ant Man trying to recruit a young Hank Pym into SHIELD.

Whedon and the Cap writers Marcus & McFeely have all said that Natasha is a completely unenhanced human. That was one of the reasons Whedon liked writing for her - her perceived vulnerability as a woman and someone without special powers or an iron suit. Feige, Marcus & McFeely said they chose her for TWS to counterbalance Steve not only because he was a spy but because she was very modern and of this time. She doesn't have any the Infinity formula, she's not 80 years old. She was born in 1984. Just like Fury isn't a WWII veteran with it in the MCU.
Do you remember where they said that?
There was a ton of stuff, besides winter soldier, it's hard for me to remember where it was. Avengers Bluray maybe?

I thought it went:

-Do we?

as in the two cops didn't know what was going on either.

I'm also a Dollhouse fan, but I forgot he was in Avengers.

LOL I know he said "do we"

I was joking :yay:

I feel like that was the main reasoning behind it, still doesn't explain why it was just sitting on a boat the whole time instead of beinng rifled through in search of the blood. I thought the episode was great (I really wish Angie was the agent tho, not Dottie... who the F cares about Dottie??)

Here is my review of the episode for those interested.

https://otlnews.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/agent-carter-review-s1-ep-3-time-and-tide/

Wow that's an interesting point. That boat was sitting there for a minute. It could've been a set up in order for Peggy and Howard to point them towards that particular item. But that sound a little convoluted. Maybe the writers just wanted to go home that day. lol.

I'm glad it was Dottie who was the spy though. I get the impression that Angie is supposed to be the type of girl who too genuiene and New York sassy to be a big liar. Dottie however? Her story was just a little too put together. Everybody in the show has a distinct accent and here you come dancing in talking in the most Standard of American dialects? Like you're an anchor on the 5:00 news? ...the fudge outta here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"