Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E04 "The Blitzkrieg Button"

just finished watching the episode.
two questions: is Ernst Mueller supposed to be the Blitzkrieg Squad Ernst Mueller from the Howling Commandos comics?
Who was the blond guy with the automatic revolver?

Does anyone have a gif of Dottie taking down Mink?
I thought that this was a good episode but the pacing was a little clunky. I also felt that this episode didn't do as good a job hiding some flaws that seem to persist throughout the series.
*Sometimes I feel as if the directing is confusing and doesn't help tell the story especially in the opening sequence with the train car.
*The writers get caught up in something being important that they forget to explain why it was important. Ex. Peggy being pissed at Howard for having Steve's blood. Also why was the US gov running out? Why did Howard care? They sort of explained it but only in a way that made Howard seem fine.

Still a good episode but I'm starting to wonder where this show is ultimately going.

7.5/10

How old do you think ScarJo's Black Widow is? In fact in TWS, I believe it was stated that ScarJo's BW was born in 1984, so no that girl is not a young Scarlett.

That's what Zola said but he could have false information. 1984 is what looks like should be the year she was born but that may just be clandestine spy stuff to hide her true age. It could go either way really.

Do you remember where they said that?
There was a ton of stuff, besides winter soldier, it's hard for me to remember where it was. Avengers Bluray maybe?

I don't think it's on the TWS Blu ray but they discussed it in several interviews when TWS was in production and after when they describing why they chose Scarlett and Nat to be in TWS. The Whedon stuff comes from when he was doing the first Avengers. I haven't listened to that commentary in a long time so I don't remember if it's on there.

Last edited:
Odds are Dottie is the same person who murdered Agent K and the suspect/witness so she's a bad bad little spider.

How was she able to secure that room right near Peggy. It's not a coincidence that poor girl was finked on for being with her boyfriend and tossed out, so who did the dirty? Does Dottie have other compatriots on the inside?

Or she made her own anonymous phone call.

Does anyone have a gif of Dottie taking down Mink?
I thought that this was a good episode but the pacing was a little clunky. I also felt that this episode didn't do as good a job hiding some flaws that seem to persist throughout the series.
*Sometimes I feel as if the directing is confusing and doesn't help tell the story especially in the opening sequence with the train car.
*The writers get caught up in something being important that they forget to explain why it was important. Ex. Peggy being pissed at Howard for having Steve's blood. Also why was the US gov running out? Why did Howard care? They sort of explained it but only in a way that made Howard seem fine.

The U.S. Gov't was most likely running out by using it in experiments to re-create the serum and make more Super Soldiers. They're still trying decades later and hence everything going on in with The Hulk. Howard knows his vial will be appropriated by the gov't if they find it among his inventions (which they'll probably try to appropriate as well).

tumblr_niwe7b9mEG1rt9t65o6_400.gif
tumblr_niwe7b9mEG1rt9t65o7_400.gif
tumblr_niwe7b9mEG1rt9t65o4_400.gif
tumblr_niwe7b9mEG1rt9t65o5_400.gif

Last edited:
I thought it was a little bit of a stretch that Peggy & Howard could carry on such emotional conversations without anyone hearing a man's voice on that floor.(It's forbidden! Just in case they didn't make that clear,the first 3 dozen times.:woot:)

But on the other hand,who's gonna tell? Seems like every girl in the place was ready,willing and able as soon as Howard walked in the door.:hehe: I mean,I guess I don't know how unrealistic it is. For all you single ladies: Is that how you'd react if,say,Leonardo Dicaprio showed up at your apartment at 6 AM,unannounced?:oldrazz:

Not Leo, no...

Now, say RDJ? Or, *ahem* Chris Evans... ;)

I don't think it's on the TWS Blu ray but they discussed it in several interviews when TWS was in production and after when they describing why they chose Scarlett and Nat to be in TWS. The Whedon stuff comes from when he was doing the first Avengers. I haven't listened to that commentary in a long time so I don't remember if it's on there.
Wonder if I have it in my interview collection? I remember it was referred to, just don't recall where. I do agree, I'm sure it was with Avengers interviews tho.

I thought it was a little bit of a stretch that Peggy & Howard could carry on such emotional conversations without anyone hearing a man's voice on that floor.(It's forbidden! Just in case they didn't make that clear,the first 3 dozen times.:woot:)

But on the other hand,who's gonna tell? Seems like every girl in the place was ready,willing and able as soon as Howard walked in the door.:hehe: I mean,I guess I don't know how unrealistic it is. For all you single ladies: Is that how you'd react if,say,Leonardo Dicaprio showed up at your apartment at 6 AM,unannounced?:oldrazz:

Let's put it this way. It was a LONG war with most healthy young men shipped off to fight and now they're living in near prison conditions where there are no men allowed over the first floor ever. Howard was a gift - a gift that kept on giving. :woot:

Well Howard was apparently banging half the women in that building (seriously Howard, even your son would tell you to tone it down a bit). So maybe they did hear, but didn't say anything.

Well Howard was apparently banging half the women in that building (seriously Howard, even your son would tell you to tone it down a bit). So maybe they did hear, but didn't say anything.

tumblr_m74lsrLWKR1ry3tn5o1_250.gif

pretty good episode. we got Stan Lee, another Captain America easter egg/reference and our first history lesson on Black Widow.

So Dottie is a Black Widow but the writers say she isn't Yelena Belova or at least Dottie won't go by that name nor will she use the name Black Widow.

The Stan cameo was fun. Dottie BW could be there to stop Angie if she is a spy too unless Dottie is after something Peggy has. Maybe Dottie could be the golden age Black Widow, Claire Voyante but retconned to be part of the Black Widow program instead of being separate. Maybe she could even show up in AOS as the Clairvoyant, whom they could really have been talking about all this time.

Speaking of the Clairvoyant, where's Cherokee Sam these days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"