Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E04 "The Blitzkrieg Button"

This was a great episode thanks to the major reveals we got but I think it could have been better if the humor was toned down a tad (felt forced here where the other episodes it flowed with what was going on). the BW connection is insane and Cap's blood is a great mcguffin.

I have no idea where the show is headed but I'm excited to find out.

Here are my full thoughts on the episode :) (last link was Ep.3 by accident lol)

https://otlnews.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/agent-carter-review-s1-ep-4-the-blitzkrieg-button/

If Dottie BW is after Steve Rogers' blood, or the SSS, could they make the connection that in modern day, Natasha BW is also revealed to be after the same thing and had been somewhat duplicitous with ulterior motives all this time? That could drive a rift between Nat and Steve and set them on opposite sides in CW.

So Dottie is a Black Widow but the writers say she isn't Yelena Belova or at least Dottie won't go by that name nor will she use the name Black Widow.

The Stan cameo was fun. Dottie BW could be there to stop Angie if she is a spy too unless Dottie is after something Peggy has. Maybe Dottie could be the golden age Black Widow, Claire Voyante but retconned to be part of the Black Widow program instead of being separate. Maybe she could even show up in AOS as the Clairvoyant, whom they could really have been talking about all this time.

Speaking of the Clairvoyant, where's Cherokee Sam these days?

I think his wild theories about the Clairvoyant being proven untrue caused him to beat a hasty retreat from SHH,rather than face public ridicule.

If Dottie BW is after Steve Rogers' blood, or the SSS, could they make the connection that in modern day, Natasha BW is also revealed to be after the same thing and had been somewhat duplicitous with ulterior motives all this time? That could drive a rift between Nat and Steve and set them on opposite sides in CW.

That would mean Natasha was a villain all along and still working for the Red Room. It would not only ruin and devalue everything she's done on screen as BW but why would Tony want her on his side? One assumes they aren't writing Tony as they did in the comic when it took the MCU Tony to save him as a character.

I think his wild theories about the Clairvoyant being proven untrue caused him to beat a hasty retreat from SHH,rather than face public ridicule.
the last time I saw him was in November when he was very certain that Daniel Brühl is no one else than Red Skull, because that made the most sense (to him anyway)

That would mean Natasha was a villain all along and still working for the Red Room. It would not only ruin and devalue everything she's done on screen as BW but why would Tony want her on his side? One assumes they aren't writing Tony as they did in the comic when it took the MCU Tony to save him as a character.

No, it wouldn't make her a villain all along. It would just mean that she has divided loyalties and an additional agenda. But she still could have been genuine in working for SHIELD and befriending Cap. How do we know the Red Room and the Black Widows are entirely villainous? They could just be like the Klingons in Star Trek where they were demonised early on when everything was seen in black and white, but they tend to operate in shades of grey.

Nick Fury often has ulterior motives for certain things. The Red Room might not be that far different from SHIELD. If they're outright villains, that would be less complex and less nuanced than if they sometimes do things that require extreme measures and can portray them in a villainous light.

So maybe Dottie Black Widow could be after the SSS, but also is protecting Peggy Carter indirectly. She could be the one who killed Krzemenski, but that could be simply because it's serving the higher purpose of her mission. But doesn't Natasha have red in her ledger as well? She has probably killed "innocent" people many times in the past in the service of her mission.

Also, I think that Marvel should've saved the Clairvoyant name for Dottie Black Widow instead of using it in Agents of SHIELD. That way it would've been a direct homage to Claire Voyant, the original golden age Black Widow, but without her actually going by that name which sounds rather silly. If it were just her code name that people used for her because she always seemed to know what was going on ahead of time (because of her Red Room training that always made her prepared, and seemed far more advanced for its time than other kinds of training) then that would've been more fitting than having John Garrett be the Clairvoyant, which seems a name wasted on him.

Last edited:
I think Dottie is Natasha's ancestor, since they both have the same hair color and fighting skills.

Well if you think about it if they experimented on Bucky, then a variation of that "enhancer" might still be used, just not perfected to Erskin's formula.
Might be the first BW's were some of the experiments.

So, if Captain America saved Pegy's future husband's life, could it be that it was via his blood?

So, if Captain America saved Pegy's future husband's life, could it be that it was via his blood?
I don't think so, the Smithsonian interview Peggy is talking about a specific event that occurred during the war. Her implication being that among those 1,000 men trapped behind the enemy lines (and who would've likely died if Cap hadn't fought his way through) included the man she would eventually meet and marry.

Though I *suppose* there could be some wiggle room with how her dialogue is phrased. Personally though, I think the blood might come come into play in another way (i.e. the government does end up getting their hands on it and it's that last vial that's used in Banner's own experiments or something).

here's her dialogue from the Smithsonian interview, btw, just for reference:

That was a difficult winter, a blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve...Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men. Including the man who would, uh, would become my husband, as it turned out.

I somehow missed this little girl thats a black widow part. What happened?

There's a little girl that attacks Peggy's squad in the preview for the next episode.

Oh, well if that's true, it wasn't missed, it hasn't happened yet. Maybe people could put spoilers in spoiler code?

ETA: Never mind, just saw the TV spot for it. Wow, that gave away a lot.

Last edited:
Another awesome episode.

I like that the story is moving along quickly, with Howard's return and the reveal of his true motivation in engaging Peggy to find his lost weapons. And the reveal of Dottie as another agent/assassin/whatever.

Agent Whatshisname calling Peggy "Marge" and "Margaret" threw me at first. I didn't realise that Peggy is a shortened form of "Margaret". I thought the script writers had made a big mistake or that he was deliberately calling her by the wrong name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"