Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 3x09 - "Closure" - Discussion Thread

Also, this show needs to stop doing plot-lines involving,"SHIELD-like non-SHIELD groups," because they cannot seem to do them all that well. The "Real SHIELD" thing from last season was a gigantic waste of time, and now pretty much all of those guys are dead. And now pretty much all of the ACTU people are dead as well, too quickly imo.

Wholeheartedly disagree. Spy shows/movies are absolutely dependent on all these lettered agencies and it would feel weird if there weren't many out there. It's much better having these types of agencies than having everything boil down to SHIELD versus HYDRA or SHIELD versus AIM or some such.

I've been enjoying reaction videos from fans on youtube involving that first hit by Ward.

Because of the site's rule against profanity, I won't post links, but you guys should definitely check out some of them. :woot:

One thing puzzles me about Malick's plan: Why does he assume that he will be able to rule the world alongside this super-Inhuman that he's trying to bring back to Earth? If this super-Inhuman really is as powerful and dangerous as he says, then isn't it likely that the super-Inhuman would kill Malick and his underlings rather than share power with them? After all, once the super-Inhuman makes it back to Earth through the portal, it won't have any more need for Malick and his Hydra goons. It would probably wipe them all out and set out to conquer the planet alone.
Good point.
Maybe that's just his religion, and he's not being rational about it. Ward was more cautious, though for some reason he recklessly decided to go on with the plan in the end.
Or maybe the inhuman actually had servants who were rewarded in the past, and Malick knows that and the conditions one has to meet.
I don't know.

Maybe Ward hopes to somehow gain power from It for himself to use for his own gains.

Maybe Ward hopes to somehow gain power from It for himself to use for his own gains.
True, but why would he think that's probable?
Maybe he's decided to take crazy risks, all or nothing.
But even then, it seems to me Ward wouldn't want anyone to give him orders. Malick he can tolerate for now - he can kill him later, or just wait until he's too old and retires. But an inhuman who doesn't age and is probably extremely difficult to kill? How would he replace that

Then again, maybe Ward has some secret plan we don't know about.

I was surprised to see Ros bite the bullet so early on in the show, or even at all. I wasn't expecting that.

Why would Fitz go into the portal? Jemma doesn't know how to open it again. It was Fitz who did that the first time round with the help of Daisy. Jemma wasn't there to see what happened. What Fitz didn't know was how to recreate the monolith but he had figured out how to bring Jemma back. Shouldn't Hydra be sending Jemma in there against her will instead of letting Fitz go? What kind of reasoning is that? Also, Jemma could've been reunited with Will, and she would've had a better chance in there since she's already familiar with the terrain.

Things seem to be building to a head between Coulson and Ward. And really, what did Coulson hope to achieve by jumping through the portal as well? Not only do they not know he is in there, but if he can't even find anyone, let alone Ward, and just gets himself killed, then his jump would've been for nothing.

The "Real SHIELD" thing from last season was a gigantic waste of time, and now pretty much all of those guys are dead.

Are they dead? The battle on the ship was won with casualties, but I think a lot of them survived. I was wondering this since the start os S3, where is the damn aircraft carrier and it's crew and jets. They seem to be short on people, but no mention of the other half of shield... Or have I missed something?

Are they dead? The battle on the ship was won with casualties, but I think a lot of them survived. I was wondering this since the start os S3, where is the damn aircraft carrier and it's crew and jets. They seem to be short on people, but no mention of the other half of shield... Or have I missed something?

Only the person who runs the Academy, Weaver, is alive, unless you count Mack and Mockingbird, who were also Real SHIELD. We last saw her watching over Monolith with Fitzsimmons and Mack.

Yeah, Jaiying killed the rest during the S2 finale if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

I DO keep coming back to the idea that Ward will eventually turn on Malick (or at least try to). They made such a big deal of wanting to be his on man/in charge earlier on this season that it'd be weird for him to go right back to being a lackey. So I kind of think that another swerve is coming at some point.

I was surprised to see Ros bite the bullet so early on in the show, or even at all. I wasn't expecting that.

Why would Fitz go into the portal? Jemma doesn't know how to open it again. It was Fitz who did that the first time round with the help of Daisy. Jemma wasn't there to see what happened. What Fitz didn't know was how to recreate the monolith but he had figured out how to bring Jemma back. Shouldn't Hydra be sending Jemma in there against her will instead of letting Fitz go? What kind of reasoning is that? Also, Jemma could've been reunited with Will, and she would've had a better chance in there since she's already familiar with the terrain.

Things seem to be building to a head between Coulson and Ward. And really, what did Coulson hope to achieve by jumping through the portal as well? Not only do they not know he is in there, but if he can't even find anyone, let alone Ward, and just gets himself killed, then his jump would've been for nothing.

The jump was meant to represent his fall from the Coulson we know - his dive into despair - to quote hunter - he was feeling rather than thinking

Wholeheartedly disagree. Spy shows/movies are absolutely dependent on all these lettered agencies and it would feel weird if there weren't many out there. It's much better having these types of agencies than having everything boil down to SHIELD versus HYDRA or SHIELD versus AIM or some such.

It's not that they use them that's the problem. It's that they don't use them WELL. They don't do anything particularly interesting with them, and then get rid of them way too early/in underwhelming ways.

Only the person who runs the Academy, Weaver, is alive, unless you count Mack and Mockingbird, who were also Real SHIELD. We last saw her watching over Monolith with Fitzsimmons and Mack.

Weaver is the only one of the leders alive, but I am quite sure the crew was not killed to the last man. Maybe I will have to watch the S2 finale again.

I DO keep coming back to the idea that Ward will eventually turn on Malick (or at least try to). They made such a big deal of wanting to be his on man/in charge earlier on this season that it'd be weird for him to go right back to being a lackey. So I kind of think that another swerve is coming at some point.

he made a comment about knowing malick was trying to manipulate him then we watched malick manipulate him. maybe thats his weakness and he is aware of it, christian garratt and now malick, if its a character flaw then he had to go into the portal. Coulson basically rejected him in season two 'i taught we were establishing trust here' skye says he 'feels to much' and maybe thats his irrational hatred towards coulson at the moment.

Malick also said something about needing coulson alive. They need skye to keep the portal open. There is still the issue about how malick knows simmons came back.

Malick also said something about needing coulson alive. They need skye to keep the portal open. There is still the issue about how malick knows simmons came back.

He need Coulson alive to send FitzSimmons to the old Warehouse so he could capture FitzSimmons. He doesn't need Daisy/Skye AT ALL. He can the open portal at will. Malik knows how Jemma came back. Fitz told them.

He need Coulson alive to send FitzSimmons to the old Warehouse so he could capture FitzSimmons. He doesn't need Daisy/Skye AT ALL. He can the open portal at will. Malik knows how Jemma came back. Fitz told them.

the couslon sending fitzsommons bit is plausible but a bit of a drama was made about skyes/daisy's powers keeping the portal open at previous attempts.

But that doesn't explain how he knew initially that SHIELD brought someone back from the Planet.

the couslon sending fitzsommons bit is plausible but a bit of a drama was made about skyes/daisy's powers keeping the portal open at previous attempts.

Daisy kept the portal open because the old setup in room failed and trying to get it up and running would take time.

But that doesn't explain how he knew initially that SHIELD brought someone back from the Planet.

Andrew told him. That was indicated in 3x08.

Daisy kept the portal open because the old setup in room failed and trying to get it up and running would take time.

Andrew told him. That was indicated in 3x08.

both are plausible i suppose daisy/skye also kept the portal open long enough that it broke, might be a new thing.

both are plausible i suppose daisy/skye also kept the portal open long enough that it broke, might be a new thing.

I doubt it's a new thing. There is a reason old HYDRA carved samples of the monolith. They were doing experiments on it and probably figured out it can't be held open indefinitely. After a certain period the rock scatters (probably after 61 seconds and not 73 as per the second sneak peek).

The question is, how did Malik know Jemma came back in the first place?
He seems to know an aweful lot about what's going on inside SHIELD

The question is, how did Malik know Jemma came back in the first place?
He seems to know an aweful lot about what's going on inside SHIELD

I responded to that a few posts up. :)

Andrew told him.

Fantastic episode. Can't quite believe this isn't the mid-season finale.

Ward is climbing the ranks of best MCU villain next to Kilgrave and Kingpin.

Fitz still the acting king. He's really putting all on the line.

Couslon takes a parachute. Coulson doesn't use said parachute. I enjoyed his rampage and emotions throughout the episode. From the moment Rosalind was murdered, he was entering a rabbit hole that he might not be able to crawl out of. Making Mack the acting Director of SHIELD was a good move.

One of my favorite parts from this episode was Coulson interviewing the original team on Ward.

Secret Warriors are finally given a chance to prove something even if they're going into a suicide mission.

Boothe is great in that he knows how to manipulate people. I was half-expecting Ward to push Boothe through the portal.

Daisy and Mack make a great duo.

tGYfF6X.gif

Ward is by far the best part of this show, he has been ever since his heel turn. He has been the only good thing about this season, especially when you consider the flop that the Daisy/Warriors story line has been. If they kill him, I'm done with this show.

Fantastic episode. Can't quite believe this isn't the mid-season finale.

Ward is climbing the ranks of best MCU villain next to Kilgrave and Kingpin.

Fitz still the acting king. He's really putting all on the line.

Couslon takes a parachute. Coulson doesn't use said parachute. I enjoyed his rampage and emotions throughout the episode. From the moment Rosalind was murdered, he was entering a rabbit hole that he might not be able to crawl out of. Making Mack the acting Director of SHIELD was a good move.

One of my favorite parts from this episode was Coulson interviewing the original team on Ward.

Secret Warriors are finally given a chance to prove something even if they're going into a suicide mission.

Boothe is great in that he knows how to manipulate people. I was half-expecting Ward to push Boothe through the portal.

Daisy and Mack make a great duo.

tGYfF6X.gif
It was the best episode of season 3 - the pacing was excellent and I was surprise the hour went by so quickly.

TBH I've been a little disappointed with the secret warriors storyline - but I think the Ginja Ninja is away on Wonder Woman duty - and the writers havent used Lincoln much at all.

Now with he strange entity on the planet I'm hoping that the second part of the season is a full on battle against a powered adversary

Despite many people saying the entity on the planet is the unspoken http://www.comicvine.com/the-unspoken/4005-63591/

If get the feeling the entity is going to be more like an "Apocalypse" type character

Hopefully the show will take this opportunity an move up a gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"