Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E7 "The Writing on the Wall"

If they used this Kree blood on Iron Man, Hawkeye or Black Widow, surely they would have the same side effects as these test subjects, wouldn't they?

Maybe Cap, Thor and Hulk might be able to withstand it. But if they didn't, imagine how it would drive the Hulk crazy.

I must've missed it, but how did Thompson/Agent Klein end up not going crazy from the Kree blood? (Other than making a perfect version of the blueprint)

What is your definition of crazy? They were all writing, carving, painting, constructing things. The only one who went kill-crazy was the villain guy (who's name I can't remember).

I must've missed it, but how did Thompson/Agent Klein end up not going crazy from the Kree blood? (Other than making a perfect version of the blueprint)

Everyone had their memories erased, even Coulson. He only started scribbling once he saw Garrett's writing. The only one who went crazy was the killer. The memory wipe must have been flawed, or he saw something that made him remember a little, then went to crazy town.

The killer said carving his skin, or the pain from it, helped him remember. By carving in his victims, he was trying to help them remember but they died instead.

Phil Coulson: "How do you feel today?"
Rebecca Stevens: "Terrific. I've never felt better."
Phil Coulson: "Do you remember how you got here?"
Rebecca Stevens: "I volunteered. I was dying, and when I woke up, everything was okay."

When you volunteer for some medical experiment, I suppose you want to be cured after you die. Yes, please, let me die and then inject me with the cure to see if it works. If it doesn't, don't worry, I won't sue you.
Rebecca Stevens' quote could be interpreted two ways:

"I was dying" as in "I had terminal cancer, underwent the procedure, and when I woke up, I was cured"

OR

"I was dying" as in "I remember dying and then I woke up and I was fine"

Her SHIELD file did list her as deceased due to cancer. I do see the second of your scenarios as just as likely as the first.

I hope we find out why Coulson was apparently an especially difficult case, requiring something like seven operations before he was revived.

Additional thoughts?

This is gonna bug me (in a good way) until we find out.

SHIELD would list her as deceased in their files to avoid relapse and because, for SHIELD's purposes, she is dead. They were done with her. Her new identity is/was alive.

It is clear to me that he was dead for a few hours and was revived while everyone else was not. What's so hard to understand?

Keep in mind he wasn't dead for a few hours, he was dead for days.

Rebecca Stevens' quote could be interpreted two ways:

"I was dying" as in "I had terminal cancer, underwent the procedure, and when I woke up, I was cured"

OR

"I was dying" as in "I remember dying and then I woke up and I was fine"

Her SHIELD file did list her as deceased due to cancer. I do see the second of your scenarios as just as likely as the first.

I hope we find out why Coulson was apparently an especially difficult case, requiring something like seven operations before he was revived.

Additional thoughts?

This is gonna bug me (in a good way) until we find out.

Some people fail to recognize irony if you don't say what irony is. The "cure-me-after-I-die" scenario was ironic. What sane person would voluntarily die to be a dead lab rat?

SHIELD would list her as deceased in their files to avoid relapse and because, for SHIELD's purposes, she is dead. They were done with her. Her new identity is/was alive.

Exactly.

Keep in mind he wasn't dead for a few hours, he was dead for days.

In the aftermath of the Battle of New York, it wasn't so easy to organize a quick flight to the Guest House. There were more important things to do at that time.

Some people fail to recognize irony if you don't say what irony is. The "cure-me-after-I-die" scenario was ironic.

Except it's not ironic at all. You were being sarcastic, which I noticed and responded that it's actually not that unlikely of a scenario to have occurred.

What sane person would voluntarily die to be a dead lab rat?
She didn't voluntarily die. Her cancer was killing her quite involuntarily. I do think it's just as likely that she signed up for the program to be revived after her death, which was inevitable, as it is that she signed up to be cured of cancer, until we are told/shown otherwise.

In the aftermath of the Battle of New York, it wasn't so easy to organize a quick flight to the Guest House. There were more important things to do at that time.
So you suppose. However, the TAHITI program was set up to save a "fallen Avenger" which Fury definitely considers Coulson. What could be more important? The helicarrier was stabilized by Tony and Steve before the battle was even over, who's to say they didn't rush Coulson right over to the GH?

Except it's not ironic at all. You were being sarcastic, which I noticed and responded that it's actually not that unlikely of a scenario to have occurred.

It's the most unlikely scenario of all. When you go to the hospital, do you expect the doctors to cure you after you die? Just say yes or no.

She didn't voluntarily die. Her cancer was killing her quite involuntarily. I do think it's just as likely that she signed up for the program to be revived after her death, which was inevitable, as it is that she signed up to be cured of cancer, until we are told/shown otherwise.

And no one would voluntarily wait to die to see if some cure works or not. I'm dying and you have the cure. Then what are you waiting for, inject me, I don't want to die.

So you suppose. However, the TAHITI program was set up to save a "fallen Avenger" which Fury definitely considers Coulson. What could be more important? The helicarrier was stabilized by Tony and Steve before the battle was even over, who's to say they didn't rush Coulson right over to the GH?

"the fall of an Avenger" doesn't mean "death of an Avenger". Coulson clearly said that Fury "started the program to potentially save a mortally wounded Avenger", not to resurrect a corpse.

And no one would voluntarily wait to die to see if some cure works or not. I'm dying and you have the cure. Then what are you waiting for, inject me, I don't want to die.

What if it turns out to kill you even quicker. At least by waiting until after death, it's essentially the same as donating your body to medical science (with the off chance it also brings you back to life).

I'm not saying that's the case. I think the easiest way to rationalize the differences between Coulson and the others includes that he was the only one to fully die.

Wasn't Coulson dead for a period of time while the others were live volunteers that were mind wiped?
I'm pretty sure was 8 days. Don't recall where that was said tho.

I loved how much effort Clark Gregg put into his performance to make Coulson look like he was being pushed over the edge. All of the intensity, exhaustion, frustration, and borderline insanity came through beautifully in Gregg's acting.

Marvel-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8B-1145813.jpeg
ù

AMazing

Can someone help me with this episode because I feel like a dumbass. So the Agents were all submitted to the same treatment as Coulson? Was this before or after Coulson's death? Why would Coulson head the operation that he himself hated and was against from the very beginning?

So was Shield already doing it to these people, and then Coulson being the new director took it further in order to get answers because he was desperate?

I felt like I missed an episode during those scenes. I casually follow this show. I guess I should be paying more attention. Sorry haha.

I was just a little confused because it was such a huge reveal that several other people had the Tahiti treatment, and then the show just goes, "OH BTWs, yo!"

Watching it at 3A.M. maybe wasn't the best idea...

And I felt sad when Ward shaved. That beard was nice. RIP Ward's beard.

Coulson started the project before they knew the side effects. Until then, he thought it was a good cause. Then he realized it was a mistake and recommended Fury discontinue the program. He probably thought he did. Instead, when Coulson himself died, they revived the program and brought him back to life.

Coulson didn't have the program as the new director. The flashbacks take place on either side of the first Avengers movie. The other people were in the program before hand, Coulson right after. But these are more flashbacks like the ones we saw with Coulson last season (where he obviously wasn't director yet).

Coulson started the project before they knew the side effects. Until then, he thought it was a good cause. Then he realized it was a mistake and recommended Fury discontinue the program. He probably thought he did. Instead, when Coulson himself died, they revived the program and brought him back to life.

Coulson didn't have the program as the new director. The flashbacks take place on either side of the first Avengers movie. The other people were in the program before hand, Coulson right after. But these are more flashbacks like the ones we saw with Coulson last season (where he obviously wasn't director yet).

This is what I get for not giving this show a chance.

Basically the "flashback" events related to the TAHITI project prior to the start of the Agents of SHIELD show are as follows, chronologically...

* Coulson, under Fury's instruction, is in charge of an experimental TAHITI project, whose purpose is basically to revive mortally wounded Avengers. A blue (probably Kree) alien, GH325... a compound synthesized from said Kree's blood, operating robots and mind wipe procedures are involved. Yup, it's all very mad science.

* The test subjects are (I think) six terminally ill SHIELD operatives who volunteer for this project.

* Initially, everything looks good, and the patients/volunteers miraculously recover, but later the patients start to exhibit extreme psychosis, and compulsively sketch weird symbols into the walls, their own flesh... basically anywhere they can.

* Due to this, Coulson wants to abandon the project then and there, but is dissuaded. One of the researchers says that if the patients' minds are wiped and memories replaced, maybe they won't be fit for duty as SHIELD agents, but could live out their lives in peace as civilians.

* Coulson recommends to Fury that the project ought be discontinued. Fury being Fury, does not discontinue the project.

* Loki stabs Coulson through the chest, killing him.

* He's resurrected using the TAHITI procedures (GH325 + operations + mind wipe) under Fury's orders.

Basically the "flashback" events related to the TAHITI project prior to the start of the Agents of SHIELD show are as follows, chronologically...

* Coulson, under Fury's instruction, is in charge of an experimental TAHITI project, whose purpose is basically to revive mortally wounded Avengers. A blue (probably Kree) alien, GH325... a compound synthesized from said Kree's blood, operating robots and mind wipe procedures are involved. Yup, it's all very mad science.

* The test subjects are (I think) six terminally ill SHIELD operatives who volunteer for this project.

* Initially, everything looks good, and the patients/volunteers miraculously recover, but later the patients start to exhibit extreme psychosis, and compulsively sketch weird symbols into the walls, their own flesh... basically anywhere they can.

* Due to this, Coulson wants to abandon the project then and there, but is dissuaded. One of the researchers says that if the patients' minds are wiped and memories replaced, maybe they won't be fit for duty as SHIELD agents, but could live out their lives in peace as civilians.

* Coulson recommends to Fury that the project ought be discontinued. Fury being Fury, does not discontinue the project.

* Loki stabs Coulson through the chest, killing him.

* He's resurrected using the TAHITI procedures (GH325 + operations + mind wipe) under Fury's orders.
That sounds about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"