• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 3 "The Asset" Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Mr. Dent

Superhero
Reaction score
r4SwIUC.jpg

Episode Synopsis:
When the brilliant scientist Dr. Franklin Hall is kidnapped, Agent Coulson and his S.H.I.E.L.D. agents must race against the clock to locate him. Skye is their only way in — pushing the team to their limits when the entire plan turns upside-down.

Episode 3 Preview:

Episode 3 Images:
znV8ec0.jpg

qYkDpRO.jpg

SDw6ZHM.jpg

So7No9x.jpg

ZuQ5H1a.jpg

Qs1B1WX.jpg
fHCquP7.jpg

kPDMsuI.jpg
tTkQSIo.jpg

Excited to see how they adapt Graviton. I doubt he'll have his powers for a while, if at all (the actor's recurring, right?)

Yeah they announced him as a recurring role. But it looks like there's some type of gravity machine in the preview next week.

Will the slingshot Graviton's ass into the sun if he gets too powerful?

That slingshot thing is all kinds of awesome. It reminded me of when we used to watch small-payload rockets launch from NASA Goddard, which was across the road from my elementary school. We had the coolest school assemblies ever, out on the playground counting down to liftoff. :awesome:

Graviton is going to be recurring? In the episode preview a gravity machine (or man) seems to be used, so i'm willing to bet he will become Graviton right next week, and possibly have a big role the episodes to come after.

Yeah they announced him as a recurring role. But it looks like there's some type of gravity machine in the preview next week.
Yeah but I doubt he'll have powers and be flinging stuff around himself. At least not in this episode

Hopefully something goes wrong with that machine by the end of the show! and BOOM!

Just remember this next week when the episode comes out..

This is episode is really important for the show, I would say. The cards are already over the table and we know the surface of the characters: we need to start digging deeper with them. We know, the Season's arc is some kind of conspiracy: we need to feel that their presence goes beyond a text message in the last five minutes of an episode. We introduce our first (as far as we know) recurring character, who is also the first serious threat our main characters will face, we can't screw him up.

This episode has a lot to do, it better do it well (as in, better than the last two episodes) or I predict a dark future (quality-wise) for this series.

It looks pretty cool from the promo, though I dont think they picked a very good actor for the role of who will eventually become Graviton as when that happens he will have to be threatening and i'm sure if that actor can carry that off.

We'll see how it plays out though.

It looks pretty cool from the promo, though I dont think they picked a very good actor for the role of who will eventually become Graviton as when that happens he will have to be threatening and i'm sure if that actor can carry that off.

We'll see how it plays out though.
the man played a major role in a huge and succesfull blockbuster. I'm sure he will do fine.

With the second episode I was already disliking McHunky and Skye less. I figured it would just take them time to get into their roles.

Very much looking forward to this. Even with some of the problems the last two episodes had, I'm enjoying this show a lot.

I see that the main baddie for the episode is the guy who played the husband of Jennifer Love Hewitt's character on Ghost Whisperer, which was a good show despite the fact that Jamie Kennedy was on that show (because he's just an awful actor).

Will we have another "stinger" for this episode?

Well they said not to miss the end of every episode so probably.

New clip:

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield

Wow, just from that I can tell Chloe Bennet and Dalton are becoming way more comfortable in their roles.

I didn't think so. But I am hopeful that Bennet will either get much better soon or that the writers will dial back the emphasis on Skye. Right now. AOS looks pretty much like Skye's show and everyone else is along for the ride. That's not a development I like at all.

the man played a major role in a huge and succesfull blockbuster. I'm sure he will do fine.

Which blockbuster was that? Isnt he the guy that was in Constantine and gave him all of his weapons? I may be mistaken but thats were i recognised him from.

He was Quirrell in Harry Potter

Which blockbuster was that? Isnt he the guy that was in Constantine and gave him all of his weapons? I may be mistaken but thats were i recognised him from.
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, he was Prof. Quirrel

I didn't think so. But I am hopeful that Bennet will either get much better soon or that the writers will dial back the emphasis on Skye. Right now. AOS looks pretty much like Skye's show and everyone else is along for the ride. That's not a development I like at all.

I think right now they're putting more emphasis on Skye's character because she is the outsider of the team, and usually they receive more focus early on because the audience is supposed to see the show from their perspective. However, with her association with Rising Tide, it may turn out that she is an antagonist, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"