Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graviton in EMH was really damn powerful. It took Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant Man, and Wasp all working together to finally beat him. And even then they barely managed to stop him and only after a large chunk of NYC got totaled. If Hall on the show has even a TINY FRACTION of that power, then Coulson and co are totally screwed. There's no way in Hell that they could beat him. And Graviton SHOULD be that kind of threat, he controls one of the freaking fundamental elements of nature for goodness sake.

He was equally powerful in the comics in his first appearance. He had an island suspended high above Manhattan and had the Avengers pinned to a wall. It took the combined might of Iron Man, Thor, Wonder Man, Vision, Captain America, Yellow Jacket, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Beast and Black Panther to beat him. They didn't even do that by their own hand. It was only when Graviton's power went out of control after he thought that his beloved had jumped off the island and committed suicide.

Then the whole sky island came hurtling down towards Manhattan, and Iron Man, Thor, Wonder Man and Vision had to catch this huge piece of rock which had compacted itself into what was now a giant asteroid.

And when the West Coast Avengers fought him, they only managed to beat him because Mockingbird had slipped some sleeping pills into his drink beforehand.

So yeah, Coulson and his team don't really stand a chance.

Hall will be working for HYDRA when he is freed from the Gravitonium.

Says who? He hated Ian Quinn, and everything about his philosophy would have him hating Hydra, too.

Just because Hydra happened to bust the chunk of gravitonium containing him out of lockup, doesn't mean he's magically going to become loyal to them.

Yeah, he'll likely just kill or try to kill everybody in the immediate vicinity of where he's freed.

maybe Hall and Raina will, eventually, splinter off and restart A.I.M.

He was equally powerful in the comics in his first appearance. He had an island suspended high above Manhattan and had the Avengers pinned to a wall. It took the combined might of Iron Man, Thor, Wonder Man, Vision, Captain America, Yellow Jacket, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Beast and Black Panther to beat him. They didn't even do that by their own hand. It was only when Graviton's power went out of control after he thought that his beloved had jumped off the island and committed suicide.

Then the whole sky island came hurtling down towards Manhattan, and Iron Man, Thor, Wonder Man and Vision had to catch this huge piece of rock which had compacted itself into what was now a giant asteroid.

And when the West Coast Avengers fought him, they only managed to beat him because Mockingbird had slipped some sleeping pills into his drink beforehand.

So yeah, Coulson and his team don't really stand a chance.

So you're saying he was beaten by a pretty S.H.I.E.L.D. agent that slipped him a Mickey? Yeah, Coulson's team doesn't stand a chance. Wait a minute...

tumblr_mv3lv4pRx51rlb6iho1_400.gif

:hubba

Yeah, Graviton's gonna lose.

As for Coulson and company fighting Graviton, here's the thing: if he's anywhere near full power, the *Avengers* wouldn't stand a chance in a straight fight, either. Which is why, ironically, he's a good opponent for Coulson's team. They can't beat him with straight force, but neither can anyone else. It comes down to some combination of using clever planning and technical resources to get an attack past his defenses ( which is entirely viable ), or using persuasion to get him to stop rampaging/change his target ( which is also entirely viable ).

As for Coulson and company fighting Graviton, here's the thing: if he's anywhere near full power, the *Avengers* wouldn't stand a chance in a straight fight, either. Which is why, ironically, he's a good opponent for Coulson's team. They can't beat him with straight force, but neither can anyone else. It comes down to some combination of using clever planning and technical resources to get an attack past his defenses ( which is entirely viable ), or using persuasion to get him to stop rampaging/change his target ( which is also entirely viable ).

Or just appeal to his humanity, cuz after all, he's a good guy. Was willing to sacrifice himself (and half the people of Micronesia) to save the world.

Helmut Zemo took him out with a pistol; not even a double-tap.

Still, however powerful he may or may not be, I can't wait for him to come back

So maybe Fury hired Ward to infiltrate Hydra by befriending Garrett and letting him take him in, and then went on to infiltrate Coulson's team and is now pretending to go undercover with Garrett again? And all this, before they even knew that Garrett was the Clairvoyant or that Hydra were still active? But then maybe Fury knew Hydra were involved all along.

Maybe the ruse even goes back as far as Ward's childhood. His older brother bullying him might be all part of Fury's ruse to get him to the right place for Garrett to rescue.

:o
Ward has known Garret since he was 17.

Sorry just to throw this out there but I'm a new poster. Ive really enjoyed AOS these last few weeks and Graviton I guess just won't be full power in the show? Don't know how else they can do it.

Sorry just to throw this out there but I'm a new poster. Ive really enjoyed AOS these last few weeks and Graviton I guess just won't be full power in the show? Don't know how else they can do it.
Well MOST of the Marvel Cinematic Universe isn't at the levels they are in the comics. lol

Over at the site that shall not be named Bill Paxton has said in an interview that he has 3 episodes left.

I'm really glad major stars want in on AoS. lol

What other major stars are lining up?

Outside of Sam Jackson? No other major star has lined up, although both Bill Paxton and Patton Oswalt are fairly well known names. And Amy Acker is a favorite of the geek crowd.

Outside of Sam Jackson? No other major star has lined up, although both Bill Paxton and Patton Oswalt are fairly well known names. And Amy Acker is a favorite of the geek crowd.

So do we reckon Chloe Bennett was talking about one of these, I mean she said someone Marvel fans would love and I don't see how Patton or Amy Acker would be considered that and no offence to them but would she scream with excitement to meet them? It was too early and not even likely to be SLJ or Cobie, but I'm sure the episode must be coming up and I'm sure if it was one of the big guns (ie an Avenger) they would be promoting the hell out of it.

So I dunno

So do we reckon Chloe Bennett was talking about one of these, I mean she said someone Marvel fans would love and I don't see how Patton or Amy Acker would be considered that and no offence to them but would she scream with excitement to meet them? It was too early and not even likely to be SLJ or Cobie, but I'm sure the episode must be coming up and I'm sure if it was one of the big guns (ie an Avenger) they would be promoting the hell out of it.

So I dunno

Well before the Clairvoyant was revealed to be Garrett, a lot of people (for some reason) predicted this guy:

thor-the-dark-world-movie-poster-4.jpg

I don't know if it's going to be an Avenger. It could be SLJ as I don't think she met SLJ when he shot his cameo.

Well before the Clairvoyant was revealed to be Garrett, a lot of people (for some reason) predicted this guy:

thor-the-dark-world-movie-poster-4.jpg

I don't know if it's going to be an Avenger. It could be SLJ as I don't think she met SLJ when he shot his cameo.

Hiddleston did say he would love to do an episode so I guess that makes sense although how he would fit into this ongoing saga makes less sense. Also whilst she may not have met SLJ before, didn't he shoot his bit a few weeks ago, whilst this Chloe quote is from over around the start of March. Also I don't think she would have hyped it up so much if it was SLJ considering he's been on the show twice(?) now.

Also if I remember the quote correctly she said 'i jumped on him and he was a little weirded out but he's awesome' so it's pretty obvious it's a guy. Although the awesome part could refer to most of the male cast IMO.

Hiddleston did say he would love to do an episode so I guess that makes sense although how he would fit into this ongoing saga makes less sense. Also whilst she may not have met SLJ before, didn't he shoot his bit a few weeks ago, whilst this Chloe quote is from over around the start of March. Also I don't think she would have hyped it up so much if it was SLJ considering he's been on the show twice(?) now.

Also if I remember the quote correctly she said 'i jumped on him and he was a little weirded out but he's awesome' so it's pretty obvious it's a guy. Although the awesome part could refer to most of the male cast IMO.

I had forgotten that SLJ shot his episode after Chloe had her quote. It has to be one of these folks:

The_Avengers-1.jpg

I think you can eliminate at least two of the Avengers (Thor and Hulk) from showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"