Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's one of the Avengers it can't be Evan's or Hemsworth. They require months of a training regiment to get them sufficiently bulked up to play their parts. That's why they were hunched over in the background during the final Avengers credit scene at the food store because it was a last minute thing and they weren't properly able to prepare so they did their best to hide their lack of muscle.

The show doesn't have the budget for the Ironman suit effects either (it's always almost all CGI aside from the helmet and torso plate. RDJ is only wearing the actual suit in scenes where he's just standing there because it's too clumsy to really walk in well) although RDJ could show up sans the suit.

Renner seems like the most workable though. He doesn't need to get super buff for the part, they can easily do his arrow effects and one of the current lose plot threads in the MCU right now is what happened to Hawkeye do the events of TWS.

Haha nice deductive reasoning :D

Though in my mind I just keep picturing one of RDJ Hemsworth Hiddleston or Evans entering the room and her just kind of going mental and getting really excited and basically fangirling and then she kind of realizes she's gone over the top. RDJ especially I reckon someone like Bennett would fangirl over and forget she is gonna be doing a scene with him.

If it's one of the Avengers it can't be Evan's or Hemsworth. They require months of a training regiment to get them sufficiently bulked up to play their parts.

Didn't Age of Ultron start filming in Feb or March?

^ To Ant-Maniac that was

In regards to Evans, Hemsworth needing muscle, well it was filmed within the past month or so, so both would be relatively big ready for filming. Hemsworth is usually big anyway I saw a few photos of him a while back just walking the street and he was still pretty massive. And Evans could just wear a jacket if he wasnt Cap levels yet.

Yeah I want to know who's controlling Mikelok still too

Yeah I want to know who's controlling Mikelok still too

I'd have thought it was Garret? 'The Clairvoyant' had Deathlok lead Shield directly to the patsy Ward shot.

As to what he wants with Coulson (from the synopsis)...I think from the little shot of the metal on his side we saw we can assume he's already had cyborg bits added (he was a cyborg in the books), and he may not be a well man himself (possibly terminal illness) and his keen interest in the Centipede program (an attempt to recreate extremis) and finding out how Coulson was revived has always been about finding a way to save his own skin.

Didn't Age of Ultron start filming in Feb or March?

Yup, they have already started, so both Evans and Hemsworth could be in shape now.

Doubt it'd be them though. Fury and maybe Hawkeye would be my best guess.

WOW you're up late Wobs! lol
Well remember Garret mentioning that burn on his neck? He didn't go into detail about it but I bet it was from the same incident and that's covering his side because maybe it didn't grow back?
I'd have thought it was Garret? 'The Clairvoyant' had Deathlok lead Shield directly to the patsy Ward shot.

As to what he wants with Coulson (from the synopsis)...I think from the little shot of the metal on his side we saw we can assume he's already had cyborg bits added (he was a cyborg in the books), and he may not be a well man himself (possibly terminal illness) and his keen interest in the Centipede program (an attempt to recreate extremis) and finding out how Coulson was revived has always been about finding a way to save his own skin.

And about Deathlok Wobs, Garret was around when Mike was receiving orders from whoever

And about Deathlok Wobs, Garret was around when Mike was receiving orders from whoever

Exactly. He was on the plane and knew exactly who was on 'the list' (it was his list). He could have sent an encoded message out to Mike while off camera on the plane. Would also explain why he had Deathlok attack him and Triplett in the safe house, but had him just jump off when Mike could easily have engaged them further having shrugged of their attacks. It was never an attempt to kill, just to engage and make Garrett seem legit, while the patsy was set up to throw Shield off his scent.

I usually am, lol :yay:

Well remember Garret mentioning that burn on his neck? He didn't go into detail about it but I bet it was from the same incident and that's covering his side because maybe it didn't grow back?

Yup, I'm guessing he isn't well at all and that's exactly why he has been after Coulson's secret all along....maybe, lol.

He didn't by any chance get those burns in Hunan province about 20 years ago did he?

He didn't by any chance get those burns in Hunan province about 20 years ago did he?
He didn't say. He told Skye that the actual BURN didn't hurt, it was the surrounding area that did

I'll have to rewatch those shows now lol to see if he's placing anything in his pocket or has his hand in his pocket like placing his transmitter into the pocket
Exactly. He was on the plane and knew exactly who was on 'the list' (it was his list). He could have sent an encoded message out to Mike while off camera on the plane. Would also explain why he had Deathlok attack him and Triplett in the safe house, but had him just jump off when Mike could easily have engaged them further having shrugged of their attacks. It was never an attempt to kill, just to engage and make Garrett seem legit, while the patsy was set up to throw Shield off his scent.

Or: the *real* Clairvoyant is the one who's (still?) giving orders to Deathlok, and Garrett is just an opportunist who's running a con on people who don't know any better (i.e., Raina, Quinn and Coulson).

We'll find out for sure in 2 weeks. To me, the fact that they even bring up "who's really controlling Deathlok" suggests that somebody other than Garrett is The Clairvoyant.

Now that Hydra has revealed themselves and S.H.I.E.L.D. has been disbanded, Coulson and his team are on their own to take down the now-missing Clairvoyant. But how will they react when they learn Ward is actually a member of Hydra planted in their group? The finale will address Ward's true allegiances as well as answer questions about Skye's lineage, who's controlling Deathlok and what the Clairvoyant wants with Coulson. "We think the audience is waiting for a showdown between Coulson's team and Garrett's team and they're going to get a satisfying payoff to that epic conclusion," executive producer Jeffrey Bell says, hinting there could be other sleepers. "If they win, it comes at a price." Plus: Nick Fury returns!
While it isn't proof, I believe that suggests that it's likely that the Clairvoyant will be revealed as someone other than Garrett. Also note that the synopsis treats Garrett and the Clairvoyant as two separate entities. My guess is Thomas Nash as of now.

I believe 'sam has a very similar theory, but where I differ from his reasoning is that I believe Garrett is acting under orders from the real Clairvoyant, and is not co-opting the Clairvoyant's name to build his own splinter group.

While it isn't proof, I believe that suggests that it's likely that the Clairvoyant will be revealed as someone other than Garrett. Also note that the synopsis treats Garrett and the Clairvoyant as two separate entities. My guess is Thomas Nash as of now.

I believe 'sam has a very similar theory, but where I differ from his reasoning is that I believe Garrett is acting under orders from the real Clairvoyant, and is not co-opting the Clairvoyant's name to build his own splinter group.

You and I do seem to agree that Nash really *was* The Clairvoyant; but you say that you think Garrett is acting under orders from the real Clairvoyant.....who would that be, if Nash is dead? Do you think Nash staged the shooting? Just curious.

A wild theory that came into my head (I have doubts about it myself) is that Nash is the real Clairvoyant, and he let himself be shot because he can really see inte the future, and saw that he will be resurected by the GH-325 that Raina experiments with. He also let Garret take his place for the moment, while Nash awaits his return to the living.

The questions that arises with that are:
- Who is controlling Deathlok, and other potential thralls when Nash is temporary dead?
- Is Nash part of HYDRA, or did he use HYDRA as a means to an end?
-Is Nash omniscent, or can he only se fragments of the future, or completely other powers that makes him the Clairvoyant?
-How loyal is Garret and the others to him, or are they all eye-slaves?

Brad Dourif is a good villian-actor, so it wouldn't be impossible if he is the big bad. The scene that he had was very awsome and memorable, but something in me tells that we haven't seen the end of him yet, but I could be wrong.

A wild theory that came into my head (I have doubts about it myself) is that Nash is the real Clairvoyant, and he let himself be shot because he can really see inte the future, and saw that he will be resurected by the GH-325 that Raina experiments with. He also let Garret take his place for the moment, while Nash awaits his return to the living.

The questions that arises with that are:
- Who is controlling Deathlok, and other potential thralls when Nash is temporary dead?
- Is Nash part of HYDRA, or did he use HYDRA as a means to an end?
-Is Nash omniscent, or can he only se fragments of the future, or completely other powers that makes him the Clairvoyant?
-How loyal is Garret and the others to him, or are they all eye-slaves?

Brad Dourif is a good villian-actor, so it wouldn't be impossible if he is the big bad. The scene that he had was very awsome and memorable, but something in me tells that we haven't seen the end of him yet, but I could be wrong.

I think that it was Brad Dourif in that chair lends weight to his returning. For what was required in that scene (just sitting there staring at people) why waste an actor of his skill for just that?

Hmm, so looks like Garrett is playing a con game or just a front for the true Clairvoyant... Turn, turn, turn...

New to the forums but a massive fan of the show, particularly the last few episodes. One thing I'm slightly worried from this summary is the line about Ward's true allegiances. I really hope they don't make him a triple agent, it would take the fun out of his character which until recently, was bland and uninteresting to me.

He's better bad than he ever was good. Not to mention the fact he's gunned down five agents, broken into the Fridge and allowed all manner of prisoners and dangerous equipment to fall into Hydra's hands

New to the forums but a massive fan of the show, particularly the last few episodes. One thing I'm slightly worried from this summary is the line about Ward's true allegiances. I really hope they don't make him a triple agent, it would take the fun out of his character which until recently, was bland and uninteresting to me.

He's better bad than he ever was good. Not to mention the fact he's gunned down five agents, broken into the Fridge and allowed all manner of prisoners and dangerous equipment to fall into Hydra's hands

Here's another wild-ash theory about what that comment about Ward's allegiances might mean:

Maybe Ward works for The Clairvoyant.

Keep in mind, I'm working from the "Nash is The Clairvoyant" theory on this. So what if Ward is actually a lieutenant to The Clairvoyant (Nash), and The Clairvoyant actually *ordered* him to murder him in cold blood? As someone posted above, maybe Nash's plan is to get the G235 to resurrect himself, so that he can see what all the fuss is about (The Clairvoyant has had a single-minded obsession with finding out the mystery behind Coulson's resurrection, after all --- and what could be "better" in his eyes than to experience that resurrection first-hand? Especially if it means shedding the worthless shell of a paraplegic body in order to walk again.)

That wouldn't make Ward any less of a bad guy, but it would make his motives more interesting and ambiguous than just being Garrett's sidekick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"