Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which case surely Evans or Renner would make the most sense? And so whilst I love Cap, I kind of want it to be Renner, Clint needs some love too and maybe they could even have him using his bow.

Ah yeah I guess Stark showing up makes sense as well, especially with Cobie in the next episode and Coulson's team needing funding.

I've said it before. If her comment about a cameo was in reference to an Avenger, IMO Cap, Widow or Hawkeye I think would be the most logical choice (especially given recent events)
My wishful thinking choice is Bucky though :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I suggest RDJ because of the Stark/Hill connection, and we know Maria is in at least a few episodes before the finale.

And Cap I think is the other possibility simply due to events on the show.

Renner doesn't give me the impression that he'd want to do a television appearance but I could be wrong.

For the about the 50th time Chloe Bennett never said it was a big guest, it got twisted that way by some people.

The person is awesome, but I cannot tell you who it is." She continued "The person walked into the trailer and I [screamed] and I started freaking out and I jumped on the person, and I didn't know them and then I was like, 'I saw you driving once,' and then that person got a little weirded out. Our fans particularly will like a certain guest star that is coming up soon."

-She is a fan of the person
-She thinks the fans of the show will like who it is.

The interview was done on March 5th. So it is assumed that the episode had already been filmed or was filming when she gave the interview. Giving that the time between when an episode wraps and when it airs and the fact that there were several weeks between Feb and March that it did not air indicates to me the episode was last week or this week

Between the date of that interview and the end of March there had been only two guest star casting announcements for the show

Patton Oswalt and Amy Acker.

Last edited:
Chloe seemed pretty excited about Patton Oswalt on Twitter. That's probably who it was. I'd love to see RDJ show up, though.

Well it's not like Patton Oswalt and Amy Acker are nobodies. Sure, their not the stature of Evans or Scar Jo, but they are fairly notable names.

Exactly she says 'our fans particularly' that doesn't scream Acker or Oswalt to me nor does her 'jumping' on the person

Exactly she says 'our fans particularly' that doesn't scream Acker or Oswalt to me nor does her 'jumping' on the person

Marvel fans don't like Patton Oswalt and his nerdy humor? Dude's actually pretty famous. Arguably more known than, say, Renner. And I'm positive many Marvel fans would pay good money to see Chloe jump on Amy Acker.

Not saying they don't, i personally like Oswalt not seen much of Acker, but she didn't say 'a lot of people like the person' she said 'our fans' suggesting it is someone who is already in the MCU

Not saying they don't, i personally like Oswalt not seen much of Acker, but she didn't say 'a lot of people like the person' she said 'our fans' suggesting it is someone who is already in the MCU

Well going by that it could be Cobie Smulders (she didn't share scenes with her in the pilot & they may not have met). To be fair, Patton Oswalt is actually a Marvel adaptation veteran, though not from a true Marvel Studios film. He was in Blade Trinity.

Smulders is popular due to HIMYM. She could be a fan of the show, a big fan.

It could be Smulders, Oswalt, or Acker; all are considerably famous (Smulders for her MCU work + work for on HIMYM, Oswalt as a geek icon, and Acker, recently for her work on Person of Interest.)

Yeh Cobie does tick all the boxes, the only reason I didn't think it would be her is because she has been on the show, and although Chloe may not have met her, again would she hype up someone who has already been on the show.

I'm not ruling out it is Cobie or Patton or Amy Acker I'm just saying are we sure it is one of them? Also a lot of it is me hoping it is someone big

Oh, I think we'd all be excited to see one of the big guns show up. It's more of a nice little bonus if it happens, though. As good as the shows been lately, I really don't think they absolutely have to play the "save us RDJ" card.

EDIT: Another thing worth noting is that Oswalt & Acker have both done DC work. There's definitely some overlap between DC and Marvel fans, so there's another reason the general comic fan might get excited for one of those two.

Love Acker and she's well known in geek circles....no clue who Patton is.

I'm giving it a 50/50 shot between Evans and RDJ.

I'd give it a 60/40 split for RDJ over Evans. RDJ seems generous enough towards the MCU to want to throw AoS a bone with a much-needed ratings boost.

Marvel fans don't like Patton Oswalt and his nerdy humor? Dude's actually pretty famous. Arguably more known than, say, Renner. And I'm positive many Marvel fans would pay good money to see Chloe jump on Amy Acker.

Shut up and take my money. :argh:

Love Acker and she's well known in geek circles....no clue who Patton is.

He was in a show that reruns constantly in the States and he starred in a Pixar movie. You may actually be familiar with him even if you don't know him by name.

Marvel fans don't like Patton Oswalt and his nerdy humor?

I'm sure practically every Marvel fan has seen his Parks and Rec ad-libbed Marvel/Star Wars movie idea filibuster by now

And if you haven't, get your ass to youtube. :o

Hiddleston did say he would love to do an episode so I guess that makes sense although how he would fit into this ongoing saga makes less sense. Also whilst she may not have met SLJ before, didn't he shoot his bit a few weeks ago, whilst this Chloe quote is from over around the start of March. Also I don't think she would have hyped it up so much if it was SLJ considering he's been on the show twice(?) now.

Also if I remember the quote correctly she said 'i jumped on him and he was a little weirded out but he's awesome' so it's pretty obvious it's a guy. Although the awesome part could refer to most of the male cast IMO.
Hiddleston would fit perfectly in because of Coulson. Since Loki is pretending to be someone else...it's possible Sif went back to Asgard and explained things to " Odin", which then he may just come to Earth to see for himself.

she felt comfortable enough to jump on the person. that points towards it being Patton Oswalt. he's funny. that makes him accessible. he's not handsome enough to be intimidating. and he's solid enough to support her weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"