Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 6

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demileto Registered

I think people take way too much notice on small details and get blinded by the big picture. Yes, there's a number 64 written in the Helicarrier seen in both Avengers 1 and 2 that we haven't seen in Gonzales' ship - which to my knowledge has been named Iliad in sources like Twitter or interviews and not specifically on the show itself - and several other visual differences between them, but what no one is taking in consideration is that the Helicarrier we see in Avengers is a CGI CONSTRUCT. That's something they cannot reasonably use here because of the lack of time and money to make it realistic so it's entirely possible they're using aerial shots of a real carrier as a replacement and we're supposed to assume it's the same one.

This, pretty much. They want the moment where Skye decides to start calling herself by her real name of Daisy Johnson to be a memorable one, like her undergoing Terrigenesis was in "What We Become".

2. ctsketch Registered

It's called Illaid on the show too....

3. Demileto Registered

Then I stand corrected. That said, it was never called Iliad in either Avengers, so it may still meant to be the same carrier.

4. Uskok MCU fan

I believe it was first mentioned by Coulson when he talked to Gonzales.

You started in S.H.I.E.L.D. young, like me, dropped out for awhile when your wife passed, but then came back with a vengeance, rose to command the Iliad three years later and, by all accounts, became one of the best commanders S.H.I.E.L.D. ever had.

5. ctsketch Registered

Also, it wouldn't take much CGI to make the Illaid "64" as well...

6. Uskok MCU fan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They don't look so similar to me.

#931 Uskok, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by moderator The Sage: May 5, 2015
  7. Demileto Registered

Did you seriously read my post?

Except that the "64" isn't the only visual difference between both carriers.

8. Uskok MCU fan

Yes, and I'm saying that although the viewers are free to assume the Iliad and Fury's helicarrier are the same vessel, I'm not assuming anything until I see some solid proof.

9. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Gonzales's ship didn't even look like a Hellicarrier to me... has it even been confirmed that it was one?

10. Uskok MCU fan

No. So far, it's a regular aircraft carrier.

11. Demileto Registered

Thank you, this is a better answer to my original post. Posting two pictures and saying they don't look alike when I very much acknowledge that in what I wrote reeks of a facepalm moment, no offense.

12. Uskok MCU fan

None taken. English is not my first language so sometimes I tend to give short replies without thinking if it would be understandable in English like it is in my native language.

13. DN91 SSR Agent

The Iliad doesn't seem to have the flight propeller things on the sides like Fury's No. 64 carrier do.

14. Humbugged Registered

She finishes this season leaving SHIELD after the Inhuman conflict ,and we start Season 3 with her living off the grid as Daisy

15. Heretic Registered

Because both her mom and dad were at Afterlife...and they both think of her as Daisy. It makes sense for at least some of the people at Afterlife think of her as Daisy, and eventually she would decide to be who she really is.

16. Uskok MCU fan

When she finds out what her mom did, she will be Skye, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

17. Asgard Kanga Fu

Havent watched Ultron yet. Im waiting till Saturday.

Will this week's ep spoil the movie in anyway or could I watch without worrying about it?

18. ChrisTinnef Registered

Better watch the movie first. If I remember correctly, there is no HUGE spoiler in the episode, but events are mentioned and scenes shown.

Also, I wonder why the bothered to introduce an aircraft carrier only 5 episodes before the helicarrier? :loco: Seems like an odd choice to me..

19. Asgard Kanga Fu

Looks like Ill be watching the ep on Saturday.

Thanks!

20. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

If fan theories are correct (I don't think it's been officially confirmed), then the Illiad was introduced more than 5 episodes ago, if it's the same aircraft carrier that appeared in Season 1's "End of the Beginning" (that The Bus landed on at the beginning of the episode when they picked up Hand, Sitwell, Blake, Garrett and Trip. ;))

21. Demileto Registered

Still, we're being treated with regular Carriers when Helicarriers are so integral to SHIELD's mythology, that sucks.

22. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I haven't been able to find a shot clear enough to SEE the sides to make sure Robert's WAS or WASN'T a helicarrier.
    Fury's Helicarrier's wings rose up from UNDER the water in Avengers, they weren't stationary

23. Vartha Mod of Thunder

They don't have to be the only thing used tho.
    Look at the Bus compared to the Quinjet, the quinjet wasn't part of Shield myth, just Avengers'.

24. HunBoy Captain Hungary

25. T"Challa Registered

Its a bit sad that the Agents of SHIELD weekly posters seem to be way better than the movie posters we get. I mean what the hell? This poster is terrific. And then i turn around and see that bland generic Ant-man poster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.