Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The showrunners finally wised up and started listening to the fans. :word:

Bring in more comic book characters....make the show about superheroes instead of normal people....yep, this is the Marvel show that people tuned in to watch from the very beginning, only to find some half-assed Scooby Doo Flying Mystery Machine freak-of-the-week fail-procedural.

Some time after the break, somebody must have said, "Okay, enough screwing around, it's time to make a Marvel CBM TV show."

Nice to see Deathlok and Lorelei. And more comic book characters to come.

I think stock in the "Skye is Jessica Drew" theory just went up fifty points on this news, too.
MAYBE, but why would Lorelei be left on Earth with Human Parents? (if that is what I think you're suggesting)

The showrunners finally wised up and started listening to the fans. :word:

Bring in more comic book characters....make the show about superheroes instead of normal people....yep, this is the Marvel show that people tuned in to watch from the very beginning, only to find some half-assed Scooby Doo Flying Mystery Machine freak-of-the-week fail-procedural.

Some time after the break, somebody must have said, "Okay, enough screwing around, it's time to make a Marvel CBM TV show."
... What?

I see no reason for that. we got a pretty accurate depiction of the Mandarin already, no need to give in because a handful of people are whining.

A pretty white guy that doesn't wear the rings,wears suits and......

has dragon tattoos.

They could always try again for an accurate version.But I'm sure that won't be until phase 5 at least.RDJ probably won't be involved by then,either.

so, you didn't base your expectations on what was clearly stated before the show aired?

I'm well aware what was clearly stated before the show aired. And I said there was no way in hell it was going to work. It didn't. Now they're doing this show the *right* way. :cwink:

MAYBE, but why would Lorelei be left on Earth with Human Parents? (if that is what I think you're suggesting)

No, not suggesting Skye is Lorelei at all. We already know that Elena Satine will be playing Lorelei.

What I'm saying is that, now that we have proof that some of the existing characters *are* comic-book canon after all, it's now more likely that Skye and/or Coulson could come from the pages of Marvel, too, as many have speculated.

I'd personally prefer Coulson to remain an original character, even if he turns out to be alien, robotic, and/or superpowered; but I'd be ecstatic if Skye actually turns out to be Jessica Drew.

A pretty white guy that doesn't wear the rings,wears suits and......

has dragon tattoos.

Also a brilliant, narcissistic corporate CEO and terrorist kingpin who was motivated by a sense of entitlement for all the things he perceived as having been denied to him by those in power, who justified his crimes through a philosophy of social darwinism, and who built his empire and battled his foes using a power source that he did not create but instead took for himself upon discovering it and makes him a physical match for Iron Man without requiring a suit of his own.

In all the ways that the character is defined as a character, he was a completely accurate adaptation of The Mandarin.

There were differences, but they were the same kind of differences between Comics Ra's Al Ghul and Batman Begins Ra's Al Ghul. All surface. The substance remained.

Last edited:
Also brilliant, narcissistic corporate CEO and terrorist kingpin who was motivated by a sense of entitlement for all the things he perceived as having been denied to him by those in power, who justified his crimes through a philosophy of social darwinism, and who built his empire and battled his foes using a power source that he did not create but instead took for himself upon discovering it and makes him a physical match for Iron Man without requiring a suit of his own.

In all the ways that the character is defined as a character, he was a completely accurate adaptation of The Mandarin.

There were differences, but they were the same kind of differences between Comics Ra's Al Ghul and batman Begins Ra's Al Ghul. All surface. The substance remained.

:up: :up:

I'm well aware what was clearly stated before the show aired. And I said there was no way in hell it was going to work. It didn't. Now they're doing this show the *right* way. :cwink:

No, not suggesting Skye is Lorelei at all. We already know that Elena Satine will be playing Lorelei.

What I'm saying is that, now that we have proof that some of the existing characters *are* comic-book canon after all, it's now more likely that Skye and/or Coulson could come from the pages of Marvel, too, as many have speculated.

I'd personally prefer Coulson to remain an original character, even if he turns out to be alien, robotic, and/or superpowered; but I'd be ecstatic if Skye actually turns out to be Jessica Drew.
I would love for her to be Jess! I haven't seen a SINGLE thing about any Spider-Woman related news sadly

So basically Mike Petersen is going to resemble the second iteration of Deathlok, Michael Collins.

Not in full....From the sounds of it the normal looking bionic eye and a bionic leg (as well as that centipede thing on his arm) will be the extent of his alterations (for the moment*) so I don't think he won't look much like the comic Deathlok at all (Collins brain was implanted into another body, which had basically the same messed up zombie like appearance and full blown cybernetic body as the original Luthor manning one. Collins developed the ability to alter his appearance to look like his former human self later on).

*Of course, he might suffer worse injuries than we have seen so far leading to further bodywork and turning him into a full on Deathlok.

Deathlok confirmation :awesome:

Lorelei! :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: !!!

Not in full....From the sounds of it the normal looking bionic eye and a bionic leg (as well as that centipede thing on his arm) will be the extent of his alterations (for the moment*) so I don't think he won't look much like the comic Deathlok at all (Collins brain was implanted into another body, which had basically the same messed up zombie like appearance and full blown cybernetic body as the original Luthor manning one. Collins developed the ability to alter his appearance to look like his former human self later on).

*Of course, he might suffer worse injuries than we have seen so far leading to further bodywork and turning him into a full on Deathlok.

Wasn't his face kind of disfigured/burnt, too? Maybe when they add the bionic leg they'll give him some other enhancements where he was injured...

yes he did show burnt skin on top of the missing leg

Wasn't his face kind of disfigured/burnt, too? Maybe when they add the bionic leg they'll give him some other enhancements where he was injured...

Yes, the right hand side of his face was scorched up so they might have a skull covering there (wrong side for Deathlok but nevermind), but I don't think they will be adding more going by the description:

Transformed into the cybernetic solider against his will, Mike Peterson (J. August Richards) must struggle to find the man in the machine. With a high-tech eye that allows him to see through walls, super strength and increased speed courtesy of a cybernetic leg, will Deathlok fight alongside the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or against them?

Pretty half-assed version of Deathlok we are going to get since all that was wrong with him is that he was burnt and missing the lower half of a leg.
Usually the Deathlok is a complete construct a brain is transplanted into.

yes he did show burnt skin on top of the missing leg
it LOOKED like Mike's left foot was missing like about from the middle toe to the pinky toe too. It was hard to tell

If Lorelei is coming, then hopefully Amora isn't far behind.

Pretty half-assed version of Deathlok we are going to get since all that was wrong with him is that he was burnt and missing the lower half of a leg.
The one We're USED to SEEING is technically in the Future too basically Mike's a new version yet lol

Yes, the right hand side of his face was scorched up so they might have a skull covering there (wrong side for Deathlok but nevermind), but I don't think they will be adding more going by the description:

Yeah, that's true. Well, we'll find out soon enough on February 4th.

Don't really agree. This is a great interpretation of the character, I mean who wanted to see a zombie-like person with cybernetics? What they did for Michael Peterson makes a ton of sense and really fits in with the MCU construct and they way they went about it was really quite brilliant. I don't think anyone had any thought that JAR would be Deathlok until that stinger scene. Just great stuff all the way around.

I was going to suggest that this strongly suggests Enchantress in Thor 3, but then I realized, with Asgardians now just visiting earth at a whim's notice, what's to keep her from showing up in Avengers 2...
:hmm

The one We're USED to SEEING is technically in the Future too basically Mike's a new version yet lol

Actually I'm happy, really hope he looks like Deathlok, right down to the color scheme.

Michael Peterson is about as sympathetic as my favored Michael Collins version except he'll be spared having been written into a corner with that, "must find my original body" storyline.

I get the feeling you're a glass half empty kind of person :(

Actually I'm happy, really hope he looks like Deathlok, right down to the color scheme.

Michael Peterson is about as sympathetic as my favored Michael Collins version except he'll be spared having been written into a corner with that, "must find my original body" storyline.
Yeah I didn't like the body search either. ( I got to read these again. I haven't read any Lok in YEARS)

Don't really agree. This is a great interpretation of the character, I mean who wanted to see a zombie-like person with cybernetics? What they did for Michael Peterson makes a ton of sense and really fits in with the MCU construct and they way they went about it was really quite brilliant. I don't think anyone had any thought that JAR would be Deathlok until that stinger scene. Just great stuff all the way around.

Oh come on, that design is completely badass and was one of the reasons he was able to have a pretty decent ongoing in the 90s.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that he gets battle damaged down the road, I also wonder if he'll interact with his CPU like he did in the comics.

Yes, I'm the only existing fan of 90s Deathlok lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"