Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrett, yes. Deathlok, no... he's not being "introduced" to the show.

I think so, unless they plan on introducing GW Bridge, and I don't even know who he belongs to (Fox or Marvel). Take him away as well as Blade, Luke Cage and Black Panther and it's not an impressive lineup of Black Male Superheroes they can use.

Last edited:
wait wait wait I just thought of something (not related to tonight's news) BUT what would you all think of the Beserker Staff being used as the Wrecker's crowbar?

You thought that too?! I don't post on here often enough but I definitely thought of the Wrecking Crew during that episode. Bring on the disgruntled construction workers! :D

Also the news about Deathlok, Sif, and Lorelei is just incredible. I love this show.

Man... This Feb 4th wait is gunna kill me haha. At least Arrow will be on throughout (I hope)

BesZYImCIAEBymC.jpg

Who's to say that this hasn't been in the plans all along? I man were talking about Marvel here, the company that has set up a years long storyline with characters. I don't think they've just been winging the show, it's all a part of the plan from the beginning.

But now that these things are starting to come to light people are jumping to "oh they knew they screwed up and now they've fixed it" scenarios. When in reality all signs point to this is how it's been planned all along.

It's still very much the same show they originally pitched; normal shield agents going against superhuman and other world threats. Nothing has changed the show is just progressing as its been planned to.

All this news is fantastic, I can't wait for the rest of this season and the multiple seasons beyond!!

Couldn't agree more.....a plan where it fits into the Marvel Universe...movies / Netflix / and Agents of shield etc.... pure genius love all that has been told in 12- 13 broadcasts.....looking forward to see what else is in store

To go along with:

James Rhodes/War Machine/Iron Patriot:
ironman3.jpg

Falcon:
Anthony_Mackie_as_Falcon.jpg

Nick Fury (Film Version):
samuel-l-jackson-nick-fury.jpg

Heimdall (Film Version):
thormovie-heimdall.jpg

Gabe Jones:
Gabriel_Jones.jpg

and coming soon:

Luke Cage:
tumblr_lkiiangORS1qc30fq.png

Likely to happen:

Black Panther:
406px-Bpanther.jpg

I said that most shows take a while to really get going, and what do you know... a plan was there all along. People *****ed because they didn't have Marvel characters. Wrong. People complained that it was lost in the woods. Wrong. Look at how it's all connected and was carefully planned out from day one. Marvel and Whedon wouldn't have sat down and got this going without a plan. Why? BECAUSE IT ALL HAS TO FIT WITH THEIR OVERALL PLANS.

Time for people to stop whining and just enjoy that we get weekly 45 minute episodes of Marvel-based something between movies.

The whole "It's All Connected" pitch does not retroactively erase the show's shortcomings. The episodes should have been "arced," as Paul Lee put it, from the beginning, in ways that the audience could recognize as the show went on. The writing has been lacking in many areas all along, with more cringe-worthy moments than great ones. The writing needs to show major improvement to be able to support the show's ambitions.

The whole "it's all connected" thing means absolutely nothing if the show doesn't put an effort to not only "arc" the episodes, but to create hype and keep you invested. Breaking Bad hooked people on from the very beginning and it too had an overall plan from the very beginning.

Plus, that still doesn't excuse the show's boring characterizations and pacing. I don't care how much of a "plan" you have, there is no reason for why the pacing had to be that slow for the first half.

So Sif will stop by Earth to track another Asgardian

Potential Thor cameo?

I mean, we know that Thor went back to Earth at the end of TDW, so I'm sure he will be interested in that situation

Looking back over some wiki stuff of Deathlok and I'm further disappointed that all the t.v. version is announced to do is see through walls and be made faster with a cybernetic leg.

He possesses a broad spectrum of visual and auditory powers. Deathlok has the ability to interface with virtually any computer system. He is also able to project his consciousness and sensory projections directly into the Net, making him able to executing a kind of direct hacking of computer systems far more efficient than a traditional computer hacking. His body can also target (nearly infallibly) multiple objects and track them. He could scan the entire electromagnetic spectrum, as well as enter computer systems.

He also has a very sophisticated A.I., capable of quickly making complex strategies and evaluating their chance of success. If requested, the A.I. can take control of the body to perform these operations. Collins himself possesses no combat skills, but under computer-guided combat routines, he is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant with an extensive database of combat techniques and strategies.

wears a woven metal-mesh body suit of considerable durability. He carries a plasma pistol which draws its energy from his internal power source. Thus, the weapon can only be fired if in contact with the outlets in Deathlok's hand. Deathlok also possesses a collapsible plasma rifle capable of greater firepower with the same limitations, a supply of fragmentation plasma grenades, and a molybdenum steel knife.

Out of all that we get peeping tom powers and an inexplicable superspeed. (In the sense that logically you'd need two cybernetic legs to propel you properly.)

Get your negativities outta here Xeno and Shikamaru!! :o :D

All this news of actual comic book characters heading to Agents of Shield leads me to believe that "The Clairvoyant" is an actual comic book character and not a made up character named "The Clairvoyant."

So Sif will stop by Earth to track another Asgardian

Potential Thor cameo?

I mean, we know that Thor went back to Earth at the end of TDW, so I'm sure he will be interested in that situation

Nah, Sif's taking a vacation to put her foot up some somebody's ass.

I do think we'll get *a* big name cameo by seasons end, though. Maybe RDJ, maybe one of the Chrises... who knows.

I mean we already had Sam J. Who would have believed that a year ago?

Looking back over some wiki stuff of Deathlok and I'm further disappointed that all the t.v. version is announced to do is see through walls and be made faster with a cybernetic leg.

Out of all that we get peeping tom powers and an inexplicable superspeed. (In the sense that logically you'd need two cybernetic legs to propel you properly.)

Umm... how about you actually watch the show before deciding what's going to happen. The level of secrecy surrounding this show there's no way they're telling us everything about a new character before it airs, I'm amazed they've even let this one out of the bag at all!

MCU isn't so white-washed anymore :woot:

No but the Avengers still are...for now. That's easily fixable. I think that they will fix it.

Damn shame that Akela Amador is not an actual comic book character as none of the Black heroes I showed are Women (yes, Zoe Saldana is black but she's in green makeup).

Nah, Sif's taking a vacation to put her foot up some somebody's ass.

I do think we'll get *a* big name cameo by seasons end, though. Maybe RDJ, maybe one of the Chrises... who knows.

I mean we already had Sam J. Who would have believed that a year ago?

Don Cheadle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"