Galactus Being Saved for Silver Surfer

The Man of Steel

Sidekick
Reaction score
Galactus Being Saved for Silver Surfer

Source: Newsarama
February 27, 2008

ssgalactus.jpg
Possibly one of the biggest disappointments for any comic book fan seeing last year's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was that the world-devouring entity known as Galactus was barely shown, looking more like a giant storm cloud than the immense being with the spiked headpiece and purple outfit that we've come to know and love since his introduction during Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's run on the characters.

Well, have no fear, true believers, because the planned Silver Surfer prequel movie will give the fans what they want, a much better look at Galactus, at least according to the film's screenwriter, J. Michael Straczynski, who mentioned this at his Wondercon Spotlight panel.

As Newsarama reports from the panel:

For what the Silver Surfer movie entails Straczynski says it will cover the origin of the character. He said it will feature Galactus, noting that the latest Fantastic Four film held off on showing Galactus to reveal him for this film.

Who knows when we might actually see the movie as no director or production start has been announced, but you can read the rest of their report where JMS talks about his other movie and comic book work here.

The first time I saw the second F4 movie I figured that would be the plan. It's always nice (imo) to tease something big like that near the end of one film. Then show it/him in his true glory in the next (or in this case another) film. I'm really glad they went this way. Now let's just hope the SS movie actually gets made.

I wonder where they'll fit this movie in... FOX has so many things on its hands as of now... They can do a Magneto film, Deadpool, Silver Surfer, FF3... so many directions they can go... they should go to the two films a year format after 09...

Because of the serious tone of SS, maybe FOX will manage not to ruin this.

FF2 was a failure,as i can imagine this was why. I doubt SS will be a success..people are burnt out with the FF,it's a failed franchise.

Great to hear. :up:

Hopefully the film is made sometime soon. I haven't heard a peep anywhere.

FF2 was a failure,as i can imagine this was why. I doubt SS will be a success..people are burnt out with the FF,it's a failed franchise.

How was it a failure? Because you didnt like it? Because alot of fanboys didnt like it? It made money both in the theater and on DVD. It was a financial success, and they're in the planning stages of Silver Surfer, and there are rumblings of a F4 3...so...you're totally wrong. Just thought I'd let you know that you're talking out of your ass.

How was it a failure? Because you didnt like it? Because alot of fanboys didnt like it? It made money both in the theater and on DVD. It was a financial success, and they're in the planning stages of Silver Surfer, and there are rumblings of a F4 3...so...you're totally wrong. Just thought I'd let you know that you're talking out of your ass.

The film had a killer opening weekend. Tanked massively during the second week. And I'm not talking out of my ass here, I think. The first weekend was massive, but then the film slowly faded from existence after a mediocre second and third weekend.

I like seeing you gradually alienating yourself from Hypsters. You obsess over other's intelligence, but never exhibit your own, especially in your form of replying to posts. The ******ation eating away at that walnut brain renders you useless at understanding even the clearest of things.

One being that it's not all about box-office numbers. If someone has legitimate reasons for disliking the piss poor excuse of a movie that was Silver Surfer, then they have the right to express their GOOD TASTE to the rest of the forums.

Ladies and gentlemen, "The Joker" poster here is several unlikable things, some he has confessed to being albeit indirectly:

* Idiot

* Fool

* Troll with the IQ of a brick wall

* Ex-Lax Addict

* Shock therapy patient.

So when he starts drooling and sputtering, just ignore him.

Arkady Rossovich called both the movie and the franchise of Fantastic Four a "failure", he didn't say "in my opinion, I didn't like it" or simply "they were bad". He could've critiqued the merits of the films, instead, as trust me -- is pretty typical for him as a poster -- he claimed it was a total failure when it isn't. Both those movies, the first and second, made lots of money and now warrant sequels and spin-offs. In terms of the movie business they are most certainly successes.

Tim Story pretty much said this way back, so this is in no way a shock to me.

man...can this movie be any good?
I really can't see that

1000 posts

man...can this movie be any good?
I really can't see that

1000 posts

I'm more worried about how they'll make the film. Logistically, it's a tough film to produce and develop.

Arkady Rossovich called both the movie and the franchise of Fantastic Four a "failure", he didn't say "in my opinion, I didn't like it" or simply "they were bad". He could've critiqued the merits of the films, instead, as trust me -- is pretty typical for him as a poster -- he claimed it was a total failure when it isn't. Both those movies, the first and second, made lots of money and now warrant sequels and spin-offs. In terms of the movie business they are most certainly successes.

Exactly. If he had said "I didnt like this movie, I dont want to see a spin-off," it would have been a totally different story. Saying that the entire public is burnt out on them and that the franchise was a failure is totally different from having an opinion on it, and is incorrect. F4 and F4: RotSS were both box office successes. They both made enough money to warrant sequels and spin-offs. And while yes, box office isnt everything, as far as the studio is concerned it is, which is why we'll be getting Silver Surfer, and most likely, F4 3.

I like seeing you gradually alienating yourself from Hypsters. You obsess over other's intelligence, but never exhibit your own, especially in your form of replying to posts. The ******ation eating away at that walnut brain renders you useless at understanding even the clearest of things.

One being that it's not all about box-office numbers. If someone has legitimate reasons for disliking the piss poor excuse of a movie that was Silver Surfer, then they have the right to express their GOOD TASTE to the rest of the forums.

Ladies and gentlemen, "The Joker" poster here is several unlikable things, some he has confessed to being albeit indirectly:

* Idiot

* Fool

* Troll with the IQ of a brick wall

* Ex-Lax Addict

* Shock therapy patient.

So when he starts drooling and sputtering, just ignore him.

I'm the troll? You're the one who seems to be following me around just to in**** me. Also, a troll is someone who comes into a thread only to post negative things about a movie (which you've been doing in the Dark Knight forums) or a poster (which you're doing right here). Seeing which one of us is banned tells who the troll here really is.

This movie can be fantastic... why did FF 2 make money in the first place... KICK ASS villain... you can get a good chuck of change back in your wallets if you make this an epic like it should be.

The movie was not a financial success. It didn't completely bomb, but it didn't do well enough on it's own to merit a sequel.

Haha, they "held" off Galactus. I think that is BS. :lmao:

Money is not the only thing that counts. Did people actually "like" the movie. Because if they do, it will make more money. Most films garner two visits. These??? ONE. This movie was gonna make money on the Surfer anyway. If there hadn't been a Surfer in the sequel, even I would've waited for the DVD.

Story stinks.......he should never have been given this film. Their flagship book. The first family of Marvel in the hands of a novice.

Yes, people did like these movies. Hence why it got a sequel and is getting a spin off and made money and did great on DVD. How hard is it to comprehend that not everyone shares the same opinion as you? I'm not a big fan of the Dawn of the Dead remake, but I'm not going to run around saying it was a failure (despite all the evidence to the contrary) becaue of it.

Yes, people did like these movies. Hence why it got a sequel and is getting a spin off and made money and did great on DVD. How hard is it to comprehend that not everyone shares the same opinion as you? I'm not a big fan of the Dawn of the Dead remake, but I'm not going to run around saying it was a failure (despite all the evidence to the contrary) becaue of it.

It was not a good movie. A lot of "bad" movies made a lot of money.
The Elm Street Movies made money. Were they good movies??

I realize that one man's trash, is another man's treasure. But looking back on these 2 critical flops, there's no denying how bad the acting was for all involved. They got nothing right except their powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"