Superman Returns AICN so called reviews: Has it effect your desicion?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Look, we are a month away from the movie's release. So we can't get reviews ths early. Sometime in the release month, alright but not before. The reviews released by AICN: I don't buy them for a minute. I know for a fact that they aren't real to begin with. I can feel it in the bottom of my bones. Many agree with me. But there are those who read it, and believe that its true, that won't see it.

So how about I ask this: these reviews, real or not, have they effected your desicion to see the movie on June 30th?

i voted "hasnt affected my decison" because it hasnt affected my decision.
I dont, however, know if this movie will rock.
It remains to be seen, but i'm definitely gonna give it a shot.

I don't like this poll. There should be an option for "A bit".

Even though Mo posts here like once a year or so and I respect his views since he's not one of those reviewers on that site who talk about everything but the movie during their review, I have to agree with robo on this issue.

**** AICN.

this poll sucks.

no it hasnt affected my decision because i do not want to see it

gkokujin said:
this poll sucks.

no it hasnt affected my decision because i do not want to see it
who peed in your corn flakes?

Zor-El said:
who peed in your corn flakes?

well i went traveling with Dr who..read his post so i visited his house..

thats right IT WAS MEEEE!!!

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
well i went traveling with Dr who..read his post so i visited his house..

thats right IT WAS MEEEE!!!

So it was you who snogged Madame De Pompodour? ;)

Mr. Thing said:
So it was you who snogged Madame De Pompodour? ;)

she was fantanstic as well.

david tennant is the best doctor ever.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
she was fantanstic as well.

david tennant is the best doctor ever.

Nevah! No one will evah beat Jon Pertwee. The man who owns.

Why would AICN affect anything? Even before the SR coverage, AICN was a disgrace.

Forget them.

Mr. Thing said:
Nevah! No one will evah beat Jon Pertwee. The man who owns.

i'm a pertwee fan too..but tennant like routh has become there respective charactors.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
i'm a pertwee fan too..but tennant like routh has become there respective charactors.

Ooh, nice comparrison.

The reviews hasn't really affected me in regards to seeing the movie, but they have brought my hype level down a little. From the reviews it sounds like we'll almost get a remake of Superman the Movie (kitty\teschmaker etc.), but Singer has been very clear in saying that it won't be. So I'm a bit puzzled by that and I'm not sure how good an idea the kid is even if it is Supermans, but I will definitly see the movie on opening day.

Singer is probably seeing this movie as an original idea but he pobably is too ignorant to accept the fact that it is not.

It's hollywood. Read any classic oldguy post to know what I mean. I also know a bit about hollywood. Wonder why we get so many sequels? It's safer to go with what's familiar to people and is guranteed to succeed than something different and new. At least there'll be lots of great fx and such. Maybe the story will be good too. ya never know...

Nope, I'm still going to see it and I'll make my judgement on the movie then.

"Is George W. Bush a great president, or the greatest president?"

Chuck Norris needs to roundhouse a third option into the poll.

I'd vote c) confirmed my fears, but I'll pay to see the FX.

Oldguy said:
"Is George W. Bush a great president, or the greatest president?"

Chuck Norris needs to roundhouse a third option into the poll.

I'd vote c) confirmed my fears, but I'll pay to see the FX.

A fair choice :up:

explode7 said:
Singer is probably seeing this movie as an original idea but he pobably is too ignorant to accept the fact that it is not.

Takes an idiot to know one :up:

As for me? I'm still gonna see it, it would be stupid not to. Who knows, maybe it'll be much better than anything has proven thus far, and people like Oldguy will actually walk away enjoying it?

But this negativity has spoiled some of my anticipation. And not really here, but NONE of my friends think it's worth a damn. I don't what is so objectionable about this movie. Not that I count stupid unfounded reasons like "Routh looks gay." I'm talking serious, founded gripes about it.

I'll see it, but it bugs me this film is looked down upon. Seems if it wasn't Smallville TNG, it isn't worth a damn to most everyone.

Nope. You can't trust everything on the Interner or AICN or whatever. Moritary probably hate Superman or don't like what he see in SR that he will probably make up lies to make people boycott in not seeing SR. Beside, I can't let one person's negative review affect me. Everyone has different taste in what they like, so you expect everyone to enjoy it. It just how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"