BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I have heard from several women how that bothers them. They like him (Cavill) when he smiles....and the grim Superman does not get them excited.

I don't even know what to say to that hahaa, maybe they should watch the film for something other than for some "sexy" shots of Cavill :oldrazz:

But it's Superman... smiling is part of his character whose sunnier outlook has always contrasted with Batman. It ain't that much to ask. We're not asking for a full character arc here. Just a smile.

I think he will at the end of the film, right now they're focusing on a fight between Batman and Superman. I think to see him smiling might take away from what they're trying to get across. I think it's also important to remember that this isn't as they have put it "your daddy's Superman". It ps more in line with Superman the Animated Series, he's a very serious man and doesn't smile as often as he has in previous incarnations.

But it would only emphasize the difference between them. Seeing the light-hearted, smiling Superman versus the dark, angsty Batman is way more interesting than seeing two perpetually angry people fight.

The only sort of person who looks happy and lighthearted during a fight is either a simpleton or a lunatic.

But it's Superman... smiling is part of his character whose sunnier outlook has always contrasted with Batman. It ain't that much to ask. We're not asking for a full character arc here. Just a smile.

We'll you'll probably get it in the film like we did with Man of Steel. We have an image of Clark Kent smiling. Infact go back and read Action Comics #1 he smiled as Clark but I'm pretty sure Superman didn't smile in that story.

I assume we haven't seen Superman smile yet because they want to emphasize the seriousness of his and Batman's conflict. He's given slight smiles in other promotional material, and I'm positive he'll smile in the movie, so I'm content.

Already been confirmed numerous times that the NIGHTMARE is one that Bruce Wayne has. He doesn't sleep at night and has bad dreams at night. One if the alternate future Earth seen here. I imagine that it will be filtered through as flashbacks similar to the flashbacks in Man of Steel.

Other flashback he has is death of his parents.

Question still remains... How? And when we get that answer will it make sense? Batman being singled out by Darkseid feels very thin to me.

Official BvS Twitter just retweeted a picture of Jake Gylenhaal saying who would win between Bats and Supes.

GL CONFIRMED?!?!!?!

The only sort of person who looks happy and lighthearted during a fight is either a simpleton or a lunatic.

:up:

People talk like Superman should be hitting people with a smile on his face or smiling when he's rescuing a plane. It's just ridiculous.

It's like in Superman II when Superman's in a fight with Zod and co, he saves that woman in the pram when the top of that sky scraper is falling on her. He looks down and smiles. If he did that today he'd get **** for it. There are just some ridiculously dumb expectations when it comes to Superman.

So we're really having this smile debate again huh? It reminds me of when the first Iron Man 3 trailer dropped and everyone was freaking out. Saying Marvel was going too dark and there'd be no humor in Iron Man 3. Well we saw how that turned out. It's just a goofy thing to even be concerned about.

:up:

People talk like Superman should be hitting people with a smile on his face or smiling when he's rescuing a plane. It's just ridiculous.

It's like in Superman II when Superman's in a fight with Zod and co, he saves that woman in the pram when the top of that sky scraper is falling on her. He looks down and smiles. If he did that today he'd get **** for it. There are just some ridiculously dumb expectations when it comes to Superman.

There's nothing out of line about wanting to see Superman smiling in promotional material...no one said anything about him grinning during a fight.

Official BvS Twitter just retweeted a picture of Jake Gylenhaal saying who would win between Bats and Supes.

GL CONFIRMED?!?!!?!

Empire also did one of Amy Schumer.

Black Canary Confirmed.

Some cool things Empires doing, need more celebs.

CZlYAqhWQAAJlQG.jpg

CZlUi30WAAAq6N5.jpg

CZlRQsQXEAETug0.jpg

There's nothing out of line about wanting to see Superman smiling in promotional material...no one said anything about him grinning during a fight.

I wouldn't mind seeing him smile, but it seems out of place in this particular movie, given the strife and conflict taking place.

So we're really having this smile debate again huh? It reminds me of when the first Iron Man 3 trailer dropped and everyone was freaking out. Saying Marvel was going too dark and there'd be no humor in Iron Man 3. Well we saw how that turned out. It's just a goofy thing to even be concerned about.

The "too dark/no humor" rage cannon was aimed at Marvel at one point? I don't remember that...

Recently, Elmayimbe did say that he heard Jake Gyllenhaal was circling Green Lantern

I agree with what Krypton says earlier, those look like firepits. There also appears to be some kind of floating structure in the sky that looks similar to the one in the JL concept art.

12524092_557090847807089_5146989794470967569_n.jpg

Now I am wondering about that huge area on fire and wrecked to hell in those night shots of the Batjet and Supes flying unleashing heat vision. Knightmare Bats is looking out on a devasted city near that "Fire Pit". Is there a connection? Most assumed the area trashed and aflame in the present time was Doomsday's doing but now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"