BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
cnC7U5.jpg

Sup, Hal. :sly: :oldrazz:

I wouldn't mind seeing him smile, but it seems out of place in this particular movie, given the strife and conflict taking place.

I disagree, but I'm not really bothered by it. I'm sure he'll smile at least once in the movie.

There's nothing out of line about wanting to see Superman smiling in promotional material...no one said anything about him grinning during a fight.

Does that ever happen for movies like this? It's always a serious action face. Which makes sense, given the conflict and dire stakes are what you're trying to sell people on. Smiley promo material just wouldn't gel with how they're marketing this film.

If they showed Superman smiling, there would be people complaining about that.

I can't imagine there's a movie out there that has gotten as many complaints before viewing than BvS

Someone mentioned Black Canary, and she's heavily rumored for the Justice League movie.

I don't think the Arrow versions of and Black Canary will be very difficult to top. Black Canary's story in that show is way too convoluted

Does that ever happen for movies like this? It's always a serious action face. Which makes sense, given the conflict and dire stakes are what you're trying to sell people on. Smiley promo material just wouldn't gel with how they're marketing this film.

Dunno. To be honest, I never pay attention to these sorts of things until other people bring them up. I don't think the absence of a smiley Superman is anything to be worried about.

That said, showing the character smiling more would help to further drive home the differences - overt and covert - between Batman and Superman, if only from a visual standpoint.

Now I am wondering about that huge area on fire and wrecked to hell in those night shots of the Batjet and Supes flying unleashing heat vision. Knightmare Bats is looking out on a devasted city near that "Fire Pit". Is there a connection? Most assumed the area trashed and aflame in the present time was Doomsday's doing but now...

Could be. Maybe Lex received a similar vision or he has a mystery benefactor supplying him with Doomsday and a fire pit, Bruno Mannheim?

:woot:

I really can't see him as Hal but I would be willing to give him a shot were he cast.
Can you at least see him as Parralax Hal? I like to keep that part of the character in mind when envisioning actors for Hal. I think Damon, McConaughey and Gyllenhaal would all be very compelling as both Hal and Parallax

It's a tricky role, they have to have that balance of playfulness and heroism that Chris Pratt had in GOTG, but at the same time, there may be an intention to do Parallax down the line, so you're also having to cast a convincing villain

Can you at least see him as Parralax Hal? I like to keep that part of the character in mind when envisioning actors for Hal. I think Damon, McConaughey and Gyllenhaal would all be very compelling as both Hal and Parallax

It's a tricky role, they have to have that balance of playfulness and heroism that Chris Pratt had in GOTG, but at the same time, there may be an intention to do Parallax down the line, so you're also having to cast a convincing villain

You know what yeah I could see him as Parallax Hal. I don't like Parallax Hal though so I'd rather they didn't do it lol Like I said though I'd give him a shot. I actually think he looks perfect to play a superhero or a super villain but I just don't know who.

He's such a good actor though that he would probably nail it.

I just rewatched MoS on FX, and let me tell y'all: There's actually a lot of smiling. And it's all extra effective because it's warranted.

he could play shark in jaws 6 that is how he is good :)

and with that story that post apocaliptic scene is in Khanadar?! maybe its actually Khanadaq and we get Black Adam easter egg or cameo. Brief one. That wouldnt be not possible.

definitelly plus I still believe that is Kahina's vision to Bruce whats gonna happen.

Last edited:
I just rewatched MoS on FX, and let me tell y'all: There's actually a lot of smiling. And it's all extra effective because it's warranted.

Everyone forgets that about MOS. and the dialogue as well. I love the reading for "don't play games with me general" it's so matter of fact and so supermAn like

Exactly, I actually remember once posting a load of pics of him smiling from Man of Steel but people still try to claim he didn't smile.

Exactly, I actually remember once posting a load of pics of him smiling from Man of Steel but people still try to claim he didn't smile.

He is damn near luminescent in the scene with Ma Kent, telling her about his parents. And when he flies for the first time.

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Lex Luthor
Doomsday
Darkseid
Aquaman
Flash
Cyborg
Kahinna?
Black Adam?
Robin?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Affleck keeps looking better and better as Batman I guess they did know what they was doing him hiring him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"