All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - Part 80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaaah. What is the Black Zero landing on land creating a massive dusk cloud then? Does Hardy go to the Kent Farm and take it with Kal's permission then?

That's part of a dream sequence. And yes, Clark gives Hardy the ship. Doubt he did it at the Kent farm though.

Woe wasn't expecting this to get such bad reviews.

I don't think a lot of us were expecting that as well.lol Well either that, or we didn't want to see it as an possibility.lol

That's part of a dream sequence. And yes, Clark gives Hardy the ship. Doubt he did it at the Kent farm though.

Ah so Clark gives him it off screen? Presumably after saving his life from Faora in Smallville and Clark will say something like "need your help". Then Hardy has it on the plane with Lois, Faora arrives, Lois falls out Supes catches her and Hardy is a kamikaze pilot into Black Zero :'(

:up:

Same here. I loved Byrne's CK.

Overall, Byrne use S:TM as an influence for his run, but I don't know if Chris Rerve was at all an inspiration for his Supes. So it's odd to me that Henry C. really reminds me of his Superman. The scuttlebut is that Cavil has taken the cues for his performance from the books so I hope he uses Byrne's C.K. as atemplate for the sequel.

So many beautiful shots. How could it be wrong???

7/10 fr a super fan is low.

67% on RT. Still far from a consensus but I'm starting to accept it will land somewhere between 65-75%. Which at least is fresh. Our opinion is still all that matters.

Why 65? Should it be 58 to 75%?

Question for ShadowBoxer, or anyone else who has seen the film:

What stupid or "unrealistic" moments were in MoS that you can tell us that aren't too spoiler-ish?

Hearing about Jor-El riding in on some dragon or something...what gives?

Thanks.

I read a review last night that basically made it sound like every other CBM pales in comparison to MoS, Avengers & TDK included, while others are saying it is just average...WTF?

Last edited:
Oh damn, just 7% from a rotten score :/

Most movies get around 200 reviews on rotten tomatoes. Man of Steel only has about 40, so it's still in the air.

Its got way more good reviews than bad (and I'm not just talking RT which I don't care about as I said I'd take SHH users opinions over so called professional critics any day) yet all people can concentrate on is the negatives, come on people get a grip.

Overreaction central. "Such bad" reviews, most films would love these kind of reactions.

And basing on all the praise about the action, the general audience is going to EAT THIS UP.

Just like Avengers. Summer movies are all about well-directed action scenes and this movie seems poised to deliver the best in a CBM to date. People love that stuff. And no, don't throw Transformers comments at me. I'm not comparing this to those films, there is clearly a heart behind this film as well.

yea he destroy's the world machine in Smallville. Then flies to metropolis and fights Zod. It takes him a while to get there ad it takes a lot out if him when he destroys the machine.

Umm bro

World machine doesn't land in Smallville. Lands on the other side of the PLANET.

General audiences must sometimes check the RT score to decide which movie to watch. I mean, is not pivotal but it shouldn't be disregarded either.

Its got way more good reviews than bad (and I'm not just talking RT which I don't care about as I said I'd take SHH users opinions over so called professional critics any day) yet all people can concentrate on is the negatives, come on people get a grip.
This. But I think it's all fair. None of us expected the film to be so polarising, and we all expected an RT rating of 80-90.

looking forward to Worlds Finest...

to lighten the mood here.

bugs-bunny-by-daffy-duck-and-the-wascally-rabbit-plays-super-23399.jpg

it is WB...it could happen...

Question for ShadowBoxer, or anyone else who has seen the film:

What stupid or "unrealistic" moments were in MoS that you can tell us that aren't too spoiler-ish?

Hearing about Jor-El riding in on some dragon or something...what gives?

Thanks.

I read a review last night that basically made it sound like every other CBM pales in comparison to MoS, Avengers & TDK included, while others are saying it is just average...WTF?

Riding a beast on Krypton isn't unrealistic, since Krypton isn't real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"