All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that if this is considered as "MOS 2" by Warner Bros. and company, that MOS 3 will allow Superman to be on his own.

I just want to throw this out there to both MOS fans, and detractors and those in between. Snyder and Goyer are coming back, that's a fate accompli. How much if any of the critism do you all think will really be taken in digested and acted upon by this crew? I was quite pleased with what I got in MOS. I really liked the pacing actually. It complimented the overall serious tone by making things brisk and getting down to the nitty gritty. I don't think character or inherent drama was harmed by this approach. But that's me. And the hard hitting action was overwhelming but I think that was the point for a film about arguably the most powerful of all the iconic mainstream superheros.

Yet I know in the fan community, despite financial rewards from the GA that there is disappointment. Loud and vocal I might add. Is this going to affect what the sequel will be like? The answer could go either way. I think there may be some irony with the given answer.

What was a huge complaint about Snyder's style post DAWN OF THE DEAD? It was the over use of slow mo and the artificial green screen environments in his follow up films. Was what he did with MOS with it's emphasis on speed, both in specific action sequences and the overall pace of the narrative a reaction on his part to all that criticism? Do you all think the vocal group a detractors will have an effect? And will they even like it if they get what they want? Will the GA want what the genre fans are asking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"