All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - Part 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh gawd no please .. i'd rather see a bald Britney Spears as Luthor than that guy .. sorry dude, no offence .. he needs to be older and have a magnetic screen presence .. Mark Strong please

Mark Strong is 49.

Michael Rosenbaum is 40.

There isn't that big of a difference.

Yeah, Rosenbaum looks younger than that, but in all honesty, after having Lex be portrayed as so much older than Superman before, we need someone who at least looks closer to his (Superman's) age.

Last edited:
I want someone fresh to play Lex definitely not Rosenbaum.

Mark Strong is 49.

Michael Rosenbaum is 40.

There isn't that big of a difference.

Yeah, Rosenbaum looks younger than that, but in all honesty, after having Lex be portrayed as so much older than Superman before, we need someone who at least looks closer to his age.

40 ? damn, he looks a lot younger .. anyhow, i'd prefer them keeping Smallville cast away from these movies .. i just think Mark Strong has a helluva strong screen presence; he'd hit the Luthor role outta the park imo

40 ? damn, he looks a lot younger .. anyhow, i'd prefer them keeping Smallville cast away from these movies .. i just think Mark Strong has a helluva strong screen presence; he'd hit hit the Luthor role outta the park imo

Too ****ing late.

I'd rather they not rehire Rosenbaum for Lex I will admit he would be a wonderful choice and won't ***** about it.

did i miss something ?

Even though they weren't in the same roles, there were many Smallville actors in Man of Steel, including Amy Adams.

Hell, they guy who played Emil Hamilton's assistant in Man of Steel, played Emil Hamilton in Smallville. That almost seemed like it was done on purpose as an easter egg.

My point is, though, is that its too late to avoid Smallville "cast" members being in these movies. It's just too late.

Even though they weren't in the same roles, there were many Smallville actors in Man of Steel, including Amy Adams.

Hell, they guy who played Emil Hamilton's assistant in Man of Steel, played Emil Hamilton in Smallville. That almost seemed like it was done on purpose as an easter egg.

My point is, though, is that its too late to avoid Smallville "cast" members being in these movies. It's just too late.

ah, i see .. never really followed that series except an episode here & there .. point being, from what i've seen of Rosenbaum the role needs someone that seems more mature & menacing .. just my opinion

Saw it today.

Still tossing up a final rating but I REALLY loved it. Can't quite describe my feelings just yet but I see the complaints many have with the film and quite honestly it didn't bother me all that much. Actually feel like I need to go see it again. Extremely pleased.

Great to hear the good reactions. And CapedCrusader14, you do need to see it again. :oldrazz:

Welcome to the bright side. :p

I also liked the scene in the church and don't understand why some people are moaning so much about it and making it into such a big deal. I think people forget that if such a thing was real, then surely Superman/Clark/Kal would be questioning everything himself when he finds out that he is an Alien, that all he's known on earth is not everything and there is more to life etc... He grew in a farm with a very good family who i am assuming probably believe in a God or go church? SO little clark must have been exposed to that idea of religion and had a little sweet scene which had charm and slight humour about it... people just taking things way too far getting upset over some scenes.

Maybe I am one of the few that like to think positive or see a scene as more than what some might have seen it as.

As for superman earning his stripes and being the idea of hope etc..., again this was the first time he showed up to the world as Superman (not even officially known as Superman yet in the movie) so people forget that this all happened in pretty much a day or two in the movie time. Superman will become that idea later when he saves humans for many years to come.

And going back to the shaky cam stuff, again I still could see most of the action and I have a bad eyesight. I liked that it was fast and no cheesy slow motion that has been overdone to death for the last decade or so since the matrix films.

I don't think the movie has a lot of problems, I just think if the movie was half an hour/an hour longer then we could have had more character development time and everyone would have been happy with a better balance. I personally thought Snyder did the best he could.. no way you could have made more time for anymore characters and had the movie at 2 1/2 with 10 min worth of action.. which people would have moaned about funny enough.

Saw it today.

Still tossing up a final rating but I REALLY loved it. Can't quite describe my feelings just yet but I see the complaints many have with the film and quite honestly it didn't bother me all that much. Actually feel like I need to go see it again. Extremely pleased.

I highly recommend you to see it again. When I went my hopes were shattered cause of all the negative reviews and things I heard on here and in general. So i went feeling like I'd hate it.. came out loving it but the second viewing I went in not thinking about much and it was way more enjoyable and you appreciate some scenes even more.

Seeing it for the 3rd time today and again on the 8th of July at the IMAX :)

I've only seen the film twice so far I really cannot wait to go see it again.

Oh and there is no doubt in my mind that the perfect Lex would be played by:

michael%20fassbender%2001aug12%2004.JPG

He can be ruthless and is one of the best current actors out there.

I highly recommend you to see it again. When I went my hopes were shattered cause of all the negative reviews and things I heard on here and in general. So i went feeling like I'd hate it.. came out loving it but the second viewing I went in not thinking about much and it was way more enjoyable and you appreciate some scenes even more.

Seeing it for the 3rd time today and again on the 8th of July at the IMAX :)

This is definitely how my experience was. I was guarded the whole viewing just waiting for something to happen that made me groan in displeasure. But it never came...and I loved the film. So the second viewing was pure bliss. Now, about that third viewing it need to have...

Oh and there is no doubt in my mind that the perfect Lex would be played by:

michael%20fassbender%2001aug12%2004.JPG

He can be ruthless and is one of the best current actors out there.

Holy crap! I can't believe I never thought of the Fassbender. You're right he could be the perfect Lex AND the perfect Batman. For Batman there's that pretty boy image, but also a dark side he could portray brilliantly. And Lex...oh my he would be a great Lex.

Oh hell, Fassbender for every comic book character, starting with Wonder Woman.

If lex isnt bald in MOS 2, do u think the fans will cry a river again?

Damn, Fassbender as Lex would be truly awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"