BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a Heath Ledger, right? Or is a Heath Ledger when they see pictures confirming that they were wrong?

I have no idea :oldrazz: I don't remember what it was like here back then.

I have no idea :oldrazz: I don't remember what it was like here back then.

I was part-timing between here and that movie database then and I can definitely tell you that most of the casual fans (database users) really hated the pick. Here it was split. Brokeback Mountain images were everywhere...

I was part-timing between here and that movie database then and I can definitely tell you that most of the casual fans (database users) really hated the pick. Here it was split. Brokeback Mountain images were everywhere...

Haha, I can imagine.

Man, this is going to be something to remember. :woot:

All of it leading up to that legendary summer of 2015.

Star Wars, Avatar 2, Avengers 2, 007 sequel, Superman/Batman... did I miss anything?

Star Wars, Avatar 2, Avengers 2, 007 sequel, Superman/Batman... did I miss anything?

Not that these films that I'm mentioning are exactly critical hits, but these are supposedly coming up in 2015 as well:

1. Jurassic Park 4

2. Pirates 5

3. Independence Day 2

Warcraft, but I'm not sure if that's getting released in the summer.

Not sure about Avatar 2 making 2015.

I hope Avatar 2 happens. I'm a fan. It doesn't outrank SvB, SW or A2, but I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'd probably end up being excited for it despite my indifference towards the franchise at the moment.

I'm one of those people that loved what happened with MoS, which is why my expectations are pretty high. I really like the universe that was built around Superman and it seems like it fits a grounded Batman as much as it fits an Arkham style Batman.

I mean, I would have preferred a true sequel to Man Of Steel building off of that perfect final scene and introducing Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

BUT.

This COULD work. Organically, they could introduce Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor into the story as the two men who will financially rebuild Gotham. Of course, Bruce is there with ulterior motives. Wayne is there to investigate this Superman and get a closer look at him. I want this version of Bruce to be cold and paranoid (we got SOME of that at at the end of the Nolan trilogy "one man's tool is another man's weapon). But I want like "Brother Eye-Batman."

While investigating Supes, Bruce finds out he's Clark Kent. I don't think a love triangle with Bruce, Clark and Lois is necessary.

The hard thing is to come up with a worthy villain that will force Batman and Superman to put whatever differences they have aside. Lex Luthor is NOT that villain. And I don't want Brainiac wasted in a film that has so many other elements. Maybe Metallo?

The interesting thing is who is a good Gotham villain to pair up with Luthor. And I don't want to see another Joker or Two-face... yet. Let this new Batman and franchise establish itself. I understand that those characters need to be done again at some point -- and they will be. But honestly, no Batman villains can challenge Supes. In a film-verse, especially one that just displayed the power that this Superman has -- it will be a tough go to put Batman and his rogues on equal footing.

One thing is for sure though, for it to work, we're going to get the Batman from the comics who is the most dangerous human in the world. That's pretty cool.

-R

Let Clark and Lois handle the romantic side of the movie. Bruce is a loner and doesn't have time for a woman right now.. at least until his solo movies.

Let Clark and Lois handle the romantic side of the movie. Bruce is a loner and doesn't have time for a woman right now.. at least until his solo movies.

But Lois isn't just ANY woman. :woot: She can teleport (as shown in MOS). Very useful, when late for dates.

:lmao:

What's an example of her 'teleporting' in MOS?

It's an exaggeration of the complaints about her turning up everywhere. :oldrazz:
That woman travels fast. Examples are when she goes from place to place searching for him and after he kills Zod. :funny:

It's an exaggeration of the complaints about her turning up everywhere. :oldrazz:
That woman travels fast. Examples are when she goes from place to place searching for him and after he kills Zod. :funny:

I didn't notice that before! But you're quite right. It's really funny in retrospect and I'm sure it'll bring some laughs when I rewatch MOS. :funny:

Hurl8qu.gif

That's why he has Clark. :oldrazz:

Not that these films that I'm mentioning are exactly critical hits, but these are supposedly coming up in 2015 as well:

1. Jurassic Park 4

2. Pirates 5

3. Independence Day 2

I don't give a crap about any of these.

They better be getting it on the bed! :o

1. Jurassic Park 4

2. Pirates 5

3. Independence Day 2

Seriously? I know the last movie made over $1 billion but I genuinely thought they would stop at 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"