All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by LibidoLoca, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

We're so glad to know you don't give a crap about them. Now I can sleep tonight.

2. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

I think they were referring to the fact that the domestic BO for the Pirates movies keeps dropping. So there's decreased interest in the movies (domestically).

3. MrMaooz

MrMaooz Well-Known Member

Congrats! :o

4. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

A week ago we were debating over 2015 being too crowded for a MOS sequel. WB figured out how to do it though: add Batman.

5. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I'm just curious about everyone's opinion on this, but what's the difference from your guys' perspectives between our current situation in having a film with just Superman and Batman as opposed to just going into a full out Justice League film instead?

6. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

I think it was the smart move. WB was not prepared and did not have enough confidence that they could put together a full-on Justice League movie with not only Batman and Superman but another 3 or 4 other super-hero's.

If they are still planning to do JL down the line this is the best first step. Look how risky this is even with just the two of them? a rushed JL could have turned into a huge cluster-****.

7. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Simply put? Quantity. Having 2 characters > having 6.

8. ThePowerCosmic

I was so ready to see JL in 2015 before. After watching MOS, I understood why Superman wasn't yet ready to team up with other heroes and form the JL. He needs more time to grow into that hero that other heroes respect, admire and follow.

WF seems a lot more appropriate than JL would have been at this time. It's not as drastic as JL, while also still giving us an epic team-up.

9. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

What ever one may think of the decision it does one thing and one thing for sure: IT BUYS THEM TIME. That is to say, it gives the WB team and whoever is the creative team on a number of projects (Flash, a theoretical WW film, JL ect.) some breathing room to map out a DCCU. If the stories of Goyer and Snyder working on the story for the sequel since Feb. are true they may be further along than any of us suspect. In my view the extra time certainly helped MOS refine itself.

10. DChero

DChero Out of Work Superhero

It's closer to a direct sequel than what JL would have felt like, so I think that it's a good compromise. We don't know much about the movie, so it's hard to say about when this movie will take place within the DCMU continuity, but it seems like it satisfies the GA and WB.

I'm happy personally because it seems like a can't miss scenario at the BO, meaning that we'll almost certainly get more Superman movies after anyway.

11. Deserana

Deserana 2005/2008/2012

I think it was a genius idea to just have Batman and Superman. The box office has just been raised significantly because of it. It will probably be a better film than if they just rushed into a JL film and there is so much potential.

Not to mention even after Marvel's 2.5 hour long panel WB/DC essentially completely won comic con after a 4 minute announcement. According to the AMC comic con video it was all people were on about after it.

12. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

Going by past timeframes on these things, should we expect a Batman casting announcement before the end of the year?

13. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I would think so.

14. herolee10

Well, at least people won't have to worry as much on having the momentum interrupted when waiting for this film like we did when MOS was in production in 2011, thinking that it would come out in 2012, only for us to wait till 2013 before we could see it.

15. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

True. There was a long time from the end of filming to when MOS arrived. In this case, we'll be going from filming to trailers to the actual release fairly quickly. It should be fun.

16. DChero

DChero Out of Work Superhero

It's going to be so nice not obsessing over this for six and a half years, heh. That was brutal.

17. herolee10

true, though I think there's a bit of a trade off this time around.lol

Unlike our tenacious and grueling wait for MOS, even though we have to wait a shorter amount of time for this film to come out, with the level of anticipation going on for this film, it may make it that much more harder to wait for this film's arrival.

And I'm not even including the fact that people are anxious to know as to how DC, more importantly, Snyder and goyer plan on handling DC's two biggest and most iconic characters in the same screen, much less on how Superman will be handled when portrayed next to the dark knight.

I think some people are gradually warming up to the idea that this MIGHT NOT be the direct sequel that people were hoping for, and if that proves to be true, then the filmmakers will need to work extra harder to give very good reasons, other than Batman and Superman meeting for the first time, on why they should come and see this film.

18. Ms. Marvel

I thought that alone could bring in $3 billion at the BO? :funny:

19. Deserana

Deserana 2005/2008/2012

I really think this film will beat Avengers 2 at the BO.

20. Ms. Marvel

Perhaps.

21. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Never mind

22. MrMaooz

MrMaooz Well-Known Member

How long do you guys think this'll be? I'm thinking 150 minutes or so.

23. ThePowerCosmic

I can see it, but it really won't be easy. Gonna be a bloody battle.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.

24. DorneyDave

DorneyDave Well-Known Member

Do you think we'll get the "I'm Batman" line? I'm almost 100% he will say it to Superman and that it might be his first line in costume.

25. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

I just dont really wanna see superman get his butt kicked by batman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.