Am I the only one that is not a fan of the Funyun?

My buddy's catchphrase all through high school was from Half Baked. At the end of any list, he would inevitably add "And... Funyuns." When he finally got to go to Hawaii, he decided he would buy some and see if they were worth the hype.

Surprisingly, no, they weren't.

Why did he have to wait until he "finally got to go to Hawaii" to try funyuns?:huh:

s'alright once in a while. pork rinds are mo' bettah.:o

Funyuns rock hard. They're like the Led Zeppelin of salted snacks.

Since elementary school I've honestly never known of anyone eating them while sober. They're not terrible, but it's essentially a giant rice krispy covered in onion powder. That's not really that appealing most of the time.

You're all gonna die of corroded insides. :o

I have never cared for them. Clearly there is false advertising at play. For a food with "Fun" in it's names, eating a Funyun is hardly an thrilling experience :dry:

I liked them as a kid. Now I'm like "how the bad place did I enjoy that ****?"

Lol funyon, never heard of them but its funny, its onion but fun. You crazy americans.

I liked them as a kid. Now I'm like "how the bad place did I enjoy that ****?"

Pretty much the same for me, though maybe that's because I notice people exaggerate their taste now that I'm older.

For the uneducated masses:

Funyuns is the brand name of an onion-flavored corn chip introduced in 1969. The 'chips' are ring-shaped, like onion rings. They are a product of the Frito-Lay Company. They were named "Funyuns" by University of North Texas professor and copywriter Jim Albright after it was disovered that the first choice of name for the product, "OnYums", had already been taken.

Funyuns are deep-fried rings of enriched corn meal-based material that are coated with pungent, pale yellowish, onion-flavored powder.

In 2006, the "window cutout" showing the actual product inside the bag was replaced by a photograph of the product, falling in line with the design of the rest of Frito-Lay's product line. The big-bag Funyuns was one of the last Frito-Lay brands to completely phase out the "window cutout"[citation needed].

Colloquially, Funyuns are often spelled “Funions.” This however is incorrect. In Johnson the court ruled that the proper spelling (due to a variety of trademark issues) is Funyuns.

Moreover, Funyuns (“Yuns” as they are called in certain regions of lower Montana) are infamously frenetically “munched” after the consumption of Marijuana.

Philosophers have debated the merits of funyuns (“Phuns” as they are called in the more urban areas of Toronto) since the dawn of January 2007[citation needed]. Notably[citation needed][citation needed] the debate stems from complex semantic analysis of the simultaneously forced yet elegant derivative neologism contracting “fun” with “onyun” thusly eliciting the genesis[citation needed] of the memorable[citation needed] portmanteau “funyun.”

As this debate has raged in academic circles charlatan torts scholars have posited that it does not logically follow that Funyuns (“Funjuns” as they are called amidst the fjords of Norway) are inherently “fun,” nor are they inextricably linked with “onions."

Scientific research has shown that regular consumption of Funyuns kills cancer. Kills it stone dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funyuns

Regular consumption of Funyuns may not cure cancer, but it's a surefire way to prove your roommate's smokin' the ganja.

Funyuns, Slim Jims, and a Suicide Big Gulp from the 7/11 and you are set for a night with the ganja and the xbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"