Am I the only one that still likes Tom Cruise?

logan_weapon_x

Avenger
Reaction score
I mean sheesh, look at this. Ok he's a bit eratic but give him a break, This is what I hate about Hollywood:

October 31, 2006 -- SUMNER Redstone has had many unkind words for Tom Cruise over the past months - and he's still not finished bashing the couch-jumping Scientologist.

"He was embarrassing the studio. And he was costing us a lot of money," the outspoken Viacom chief tells the December issue of Vanity Fair.

Confirming a Page Six exclusive, Redstone admits it was his wife, Paula, who first soured on Cruise, which resulted in his decision not to renew Paramount's megabucks deal with Cruise's production company.

"Paula, like women everywhere, had come to hate him. The truth of the matter is, I did listen to her . . ." Redstone says. "His behavior was entirely unacceptable to Paula and to the rest of the world. He just didn't turn one [woman] off. He turned off all women, and a lot of men."

Redstone estimates that Cruise's antics - acting wacky, ripping into psychiatry, firing his professional publicist - were the key elements in the star's downfall: "When did I decide [to fire him]? I don't know. When he was on the 'Today' show? When he was jumping on a couch at 'Oprah'? He changed his handler, you know, to his sister [LeAnne Devette] - not a good idea."

Redstone estimates that Cruise's bizarre behavior cost Paramount "$100 million, $150 million on 'Mission: Impossible III.' It was the best picture of the three, and it did the worst." He isn't sorry he embarrassed Cruise publicly: "The explosion was good. It sent a message to the rest of the world that the time of the big star getting all this money is over. And it is! I would like to think that what I did, or what we did, has had a salutary effect on the rest of the industry."

Redstone, who recently booted Tom Freston from his job as CEO of MTV Networks, says he began losing faith in Freston when he turned down the job of CEO of Viacom. "That's really when my doubts about Tom began," he says. "That same evening, I offered the job to Les [Moonves]. And knowing Les - bang! - he takes it so fast."

The next morning, Freston called to say he'd changed his mind and would accept the top job, so Redstone tried to make both men happy by splitting Viacom in two. Redstone recalls, "Let me tell you, Les wasn't too happy." But he's happy now.

source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10312006/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

boxoffice.jpg

Though he may be a dick sometimes...I still like The Cruise:ninja:

Master Bruce LOVES the Cruise.

Jerk won't shut up about how much he loves him. :cmad:

all those who starred in top gun are immune to ridicule from me and should also be from the rest of the world.

ryan, kilmer, cruise and that sexy dude who played slider, god he's a sexy beast.

I like Tom Cruise. He makes good movies. His last 6 or so movies have all be great.

He's a loon, but his movies are pretty cool.

He's definitely off his rocker....but I don't really care. He's just making a fool out of himself...it doesn't effect me at all. I'll go see his movies as long as they are good.

MI:3 was entertaining and deserved to make more money than it did.

The haters are glib. They don't understand the greatness that is Tom Cruise.

I've never been a fan of Cruise's work. I don't think I own a single DVD of anything he's done. But I do not disagree that his acting is stellar. However, he should learn now if he hasn't already, your public persona in Hollywood dictates how people see you. It should also be a lesson to all Hollywood Stars that even the Brightest Star can fall.

But personally I think his marriage to Holmes is a sham, reminscent of the days of Rock Hudson.

Erz said:
I've never been a fan of Cruise's work. I don't think I own a single DVD of anything he's done. But I do not disagree that his acting is stellar. However, he should learn now if he hasn't already, your public persona in Hollywood dictates how people see you. It should also be a lesson to all Hollywood Stars that even the Brightest Star can fall.

But personally I think his marriage to Holmes is a sham, reminscent of the days of Rock Hudson.
Personally, I think he's a better producer than he is actor. I'm less of a fan of the acting itself and moreso of the movie choices he makes.

Except for that peice of **** cameron crowe movie he did. But all Cameron Crowe movies are peices of ****, so...

That's right!:eek:
It's been days since anyone's mentioned Cruise! Thanks LWX!

I like him a lot more now than ever. I've always hated him and his atrocious acting. Now he is entertaining.

Also, please watch "Eyes Wide Shut" and watch the world's worst improvised dialogue. We counted, and he dimly repeats what the other person has just said about 26 or 30 times.

Such as,

Tom: Say, Where's Stacey?
Hooker: Uh....she, died,...of AIDS.
Tom: Uh....she, died...of AIDS.

It's HIlarious.

How could you not like Legend Wil? :csad:

I liked The Color Of Money..... only because Scorsese directed it. And Paul Newman was a ****ing monster in that movie.

Tom Cruise... I hope a ****ing meteor falls on your ****ing head.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
That's right!:eek:
It's been days since anyone's mentioned Cruise! Thanks LWX!

I like him a lot more now than ever. I've always hated him and his atrocious acting. Now he is entertaining.

Also, please watch "Eyes Wide Shut" and watch the world's worst improvised dialogue. We counted, and he dimly repeats what the other person has just said about 26 or 30 times.

Such as,

Tom: Say, Where's Stacey?
Hooker: Uh....she, died,...of AIDS.
Tom: Uh....she, died...of AIDS.

It's HIlarious.
editor

Erzengel said:
How could you not like Legend Wil? :csad:
I'll tell you. I hate the sight of Tom dressed up as a Las Vegas Elf, I hate the non-heterosexual musical score, I hate slo-mo and lens filters, I hate that long rubber nose on that green creature, I hate the bouncy rubber unicorn horn, the bouncy rubber noses and the only thing I like is Tim Curry, however it's all ruined at the end when he's defeated and they do a slo-mo shot of his bouncy rubber horns jiggling.
It also makes me feel like sneezing with all of the glowing pollen that's drifting in the air in slo-mo.

I always wanted to see that movie. Now even more so.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I'll tell you. I hate the sight of Tom dressed up as a Las Vegas Elf, I hate the non-heterosexual musical score, I hate slo-mo and lens filters, I hate that long rubber nose on that green creature, I hate the bouncy rubber unicorn horn, the bouncy rubber noses and the only thing I like is Tim Curry, however it's all ruined at the end when he's defeated and they do a slo-mo shot of his bouncy rubber horns jiggling.
It also makes me feel like sneezing with all of the glowing pollen that's drifting in the air in slo-mo.

Actually I don't think I sat through the whole movie once. I think I saw enough bits and pieces to say I've actually watched the whole thing.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
You .... You monster. :csad:

Wilhelm-Scream said:

I was rooting for satan in that movie. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"