Am I the only one that still likes Tom Cruise?

Dope Nose said:
I had no problem with his belief in Scientology (though it is pretty messed up) or the couch jumping but his tirades on psychiatry really got to me, mainly because he had no idea what he was talking about.

here's an excerpt from an Entertainment Weekly interview with their corrections to his statements in bold -

"Well, look at the history. Jung was an editor for the Nazi papers during World War II. [According to Aryeh Maidenbaum, the director of the New York Center for Jungian Studies, this is not true.] Look at the experimentation the Nazis did with electric shock and drugging. Look at the drug methadone. That was originally called Adolophine. It was named after Adolf Hitler... [According to the Dictionary of Drugs and Medications, among other sources, this is an urban legend.]"

if he feels it's his place to preach to and criticize others he should at least get the facts straight and until then he needs to get off his high horse.
You know your star power is on the decline when a mainstream magazine posts an article correcting your facts :p

To tell you the truth, I never really cared for Tom Cruise either way. He's not that good of an actor. He's okay, but he's not too good at immersing himself in the character. He's Tom Cruise still regardless of what role he's playing.

Now that he's a looney toon? He's just plain irritating.

Nnnnooo!!! I fell prey to the double-post curse!

What is there to LIKE about cruise. I mean ya he's nice looking, but he impregniates women 20 years younger than him :wow:

And he's had like 1,000000000000000000000000000 wives :whatever:

I don't know whetehr I hate The Female Torch or am just really annoyed by her. It could go either way.

Darren Daring said:
I don't know whetehr I hate The Female Torch or am just really annoyed by her. It could go either way.
She's a tiny teenaged nun/man-hater who's insecure about her looks, has a better rapport with spiders than with human beings and enjoys getting people banned for joking around, so give her wide berth. :eek:

The Female Torch said:
What is there to LIKE about cruise. I mean ya he's nice looking, but he impregniates women 20 years younger than him :wow:

And he's had like 1,000000000000000000000000000 wives :whatever:

Defend yourself lady.

comicgirl said:
Not me...You mess with South Park, I don't want anything to do with you.
He and Mel Gibson can sit together and moan about their bad press.

Ah but it helps South Park's rating...so the circle is complete.

No, I don't hate him either.

What happened to Cruise is basically just like the speech the Green Goblin gave Spider-Man when he was sedated on the roof of a building in first film (the one about the people wanting to see their heroes fail) only with 'celebrities' in place of 'heroes'. People in America just like to see the downfall of others, and it's actually kinda sick.

He's a good actor and has been involved in some really entertaining films, I don't give a **** if he jumps on couches or believes in Scientology or whatnot.

I will never be mad at Tom Cruise, because he is forever in my mind to be remembered for The Last Samurai. If he could just BE Nathan Algren, all would be right with the world. Maybe minus the saki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"