Am I the only one that still likes Tom Cruise?

I SEE SPIDEY said:
I never cared for him, so the answer to the question is...yes you are.
Maybe you need to reassess your hatred of me, since apparently we seem to agree on almost everything. :csad:

I refuse to see any of his movies now. I don't care if he's in the greatest movie since the Godfather, I won't support him and his loony "religion."

BlackHardKnight said:
Though he may be a dick sometimes...I still like The Cruise:ninja:
Not me...You mess with South Park, I don't want anything to do with you.
He and Mel Gibson can sit together and moan about their bad press.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Maybe you need to reassess your hatred of me, since apparently we seem to agree on almost everything. :csad:
I honestly don't know whats up with that. *shrugs*

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Well, maybe a clue would be to tell me why you DO hate me.
are you trying to be liked or something?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Well, maybe a clue would be to tell me why you DO hate me.
You come off as irrogant to me and the religion thing. I don't have any problem with people following or not following what they want to, but you seem to (correct me if I'm wrong) not have any respect for other people religous belief's. Hell, half the time you seem like a decent guy and I don't want to dislike anyone so I would like to stop this non-feud and maybe just talk about things we do agree on and just agree to disagree on others? What do you say?

I SEE SPIDEY said:
You come off as irrogant to me and the religion thing. I don't have any problem with people following or not following what they want to, but you seem to (correct me if I'm wrong) not have any respect for other people religous belief's. Hell, half the time you seem like a decent guy and I don't want to dislike anyone so I would like to stop this non-feud and maybe just talk about things we do agree on and just agree to disagree on others? What do you say?
He waters plants.

cruise has what they call over excitabilities. so relatively to him your are all glib. imagine being in a world full of people who are constantly less excited than you. like brave new world or something.

Ronny Shade said:
He waters plants.
:whatever: You could be a little nicer about pointing out mistakes and if you look at all of my post's your mind will be blown by the terrible mistakes. I keep a spell checker with me almost always because I can't spell worth crap. Thanks for pointing that out!:up::whatever:

I SEE SPIDEY said:
:whatever: You could be a little nicer about pointing out mistakes and if you look at all of my post's your mind will be blown by the terrible mistakes. I keep a spell checker with me almost always because I can't spell worth crap. Thanks for pointing that out!:up::whatever:
no hate

I'm annoyed that everybody I thought I liked on the hype seems to hate John Woo and that means I can't be friends with them any more.

Maybe people would respect you if you stopped pluralizing with apostrophes. :o

Ben Urich said:
Maybe people would respect you if you stopped pluralizing with apostrophes. :o
Maybe people would respect you if your jokes were actually funny.:o

There are two diffrent Tom Cruise's. Theres the actor Tom Cruise who's ok as an actor then there is normal everday Tom Cruise he just seem to overbearing and to easily excited. I like him as an actor but as a person not so much.

THE DARKHELLRIDER HAS SPOKEN

logan_weapon_x said:
I mean sheesh, look at this. Ok he's a bit eratic but give him a break, This is what I hate about Hollywood:

October 31, 2006 -- SUMNER Redstone has had many unkind words for Tom Cruise over the past months - and he's still not finished bashing the couch-jumping Scientologist.

"He was embarrassing the studio. And he was costing us a lot of money," the outspoken Viacom chief tells the December issue of Vanity Fair.

Confirming a Page Six exclusive, Redstone admits it was his wife, Paula, who first soured on Cruise, which resulted in his decision not to renew Paramount's megabucks deal with Cruise's production company.

"Paula, like women everywhere, had come to hate him. The truth of the matter is, I did listen to her . . ." Redstone says. "His behavior was entirely unacceptable to Paula and to the rest of the world. He just didn't turn one [woman] off. He turned off all women, and a lot of men."

Redstone estimates that Cruise's antics - acting wacky, ripping into psychiatry, firing his professional publicist - were the key elements in the star's downfall: "When did I decide [to fire him]? I don't know. When he was on the 'Today' show? When he was jumping on a couch at 'Oprah'? He changed his handler, you know, to his sister [LeAnne Devette] - not a good idea."

Redstone estimates that Cruise's bizarre behavior cost Paramount "$100 million, $150 million on 'Mission: Impossible III.' It was the best picture of the three, and it did the worst." He isn't sorry he embarrassed Cruise publicly: "The explosion was good. It sent a message to the rest of the world that the time of the big star getting all this money is over. And it is! I would like to think that what I did, or what we did, has had a salutary effect on the rest of the industry."

Redstone, who recently booted Tom Freston from his job as CEO of MTV Networks, says he began losing faith in Freston when he turned down the job of CEO of Viacom. "That's really when my doubts about Tom began," he says. "That same evening, I offered the job to Les [Moonves]. And knowing Les - bang! - he takes it so fast."

The next morning, Freston called to say he'd changed his mind and would accept the top job, so Redstone tried to make both men happy by splitting Viacom in two. Redstone recalls, "Let me tell you, Les wasn't too happy." But he's happy now.

source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10312006/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

I've been a fan since Risky Business. Cruise has come along way and he's a survivor. I look forward to seeing the 2nd half of his career. I know he'll still be significant in Hollywood through his 50s and 60s.

I had no problem with his belief in Scientology (though it is pretty messed up) or the couch jumping but his tirades on psychiatry really got to me, mainly because he had no idea what he was talking about.

here's an excerpt from an Entertainment Weekly interview with their corrections to his statements in bold -

"Well, look at the history. Jung was an editor for the Nazi papers during World War II. [According to Aryeh Maidenbaum, the director of the New York Center for Jungian Studies, this is not true.] Look at the experimentation the Nazis did with electric shock and drugging. Look at the drug methadone. That was originally called Adolophine. It was named after Adolf Hitler... [According to the Dictionary of Drugs and Medications, among other sources, this is an urban legend.]"

if he feels it's his place to preach to and criticize others he should at least get the facts straight and until then he needs to get off his high horse.

Cruise is good actor and he has enough good movies.

But now, I can't recognize him. Something really strange happened with him :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"