Andy Serkis IS Alfred Pennyworth

serkis is in his late 50s, and thats the exactly the age range i always imagined the comic book alfred to be in.
its the live action portrayals that have always veered toward older.

I hope they really play up the father-son relationship. No cinematic Bruce/Alfred has really had that dynamic. The closest would honestly be Batman & Robin...

The thing that Caine on board was Nolan telling him that Alfred is Bruce’s father figure lol

serkis is in his late 50s, and thats the exactly the age range i always imagined the comic book alfred to be in.
its the live action portrayals that have always veered toward older.
Perfect age for when Bruce is starting out. When Batman is Batfleck’s age (mid 40’s), then Alfred would be in his mid 70’s. Sounds about right. You want Alfred to age along with Bruce. Not for Alfred to be the grandfather who might die from a broken hip while Bruce hasn’t even entered his prime.

I love Gough and Caine’s portrayals. Thank god for that casting. But they came off like grandfathers not fathers. Irons felt too close to older brother or uncle of Bruce. He probably should have been Caine’s age in Rises.

I’m not trying to act like the Reeves verse is doing everything better just cuz it’s the shiny new toy. I’m sorry but a lot this stuff is f’n dead on. Matt DOES seem to be doing it right. Serkis wasn’t what I was expecting, but it was the Hugh Laurie, Ralph Fiennes vibe that made the most sense. That’s because of their age.

Did... did you miss the part in Begins where Alfred literally echoes the words of Thomas Wayne? “Why do we fall, Bruce?”

tenor.gif

michael caine is still my favorite alfred.
combination of an actor of his caliber + the writing.

but none of the movie alfred's seem to have captured that comic book alfred yet.
maybe serkis will bring it.
i want to shave the middle of his head bald and have him grow out a pencil mustache.

Alfred is one of the things they pretty much always nail. Gough is wonderful for what he is, Caine is absolutely perfect and Irons is my favourite part of that whole movie.

Yea there's never really been a bad Alfred, even on the Gotham show, and I highly doubt Reeves/Serkis are gonna give us the first bad version.

This is like a textbook example of a fallacious argument.
It wasn't an argument, just my own opinion. Of course I should be allowed to write what I think about the casting.

When looking at previous Alfreds, Serkis sticks out. The others could be different but they were a few similarities too.
It's somethink I think, and I don't have to be met with disrespect for it.

Your Alfred opinions feel exaggerated because there is no footage. THAT is our opinion. Do you whine and play victim like this even when you’re off a forum? Because it’s becoming a trend in every thread.

Your Alfred opinions feel exaggerated because there is no footage. THAT is our opinion. Do you whine and play victim like this even when you’re off a forum? Because it’s becoming a trend in every thread.
Would you enjoy being treated that way, then? Would you accept it?

There's a 0% chance of Alfred being the traditional butler of the comics based on Reeves comments and on Serkis crazy beard while he was filming. It'll be interesting to see how they approach Alfred this time.

What were Reeves' comments?
That this would be a drastically different Alfred than anything we've seen before. If he was going for a traditional butler I doubt he'd say that seeing how that's the version of Alfred that's the best known and that has been depicted the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"