Comics Another Horseman revealed

cerealkiller182 said:
^^^That makes more sense then creatin an entire new universe(Ultimate) to save newer fans from 40 odd years of backstory. (No matter how fun the Ultimate unvierse is)

I love the Ultimate Universe. Its not just about the backstory of 616 characters and stories being inaccessible, its also that a lot of it is hideously convoluted crap, with more clones, copies, alternate future children, lost time travellers, aliens, body-swaps, brainwashings, mind control agents, identity confusions, arbitrary resurrections, retcons, and simply inexplicable Bull****-with-a-capital-B that you can shake an oppressed mutant at.

Ultimate is a great way to take a cleaner, more streamlined approach to the whole shebang. And the quality has so far generally been absolutely superb.

FieryBalrog said:
I love the Ultimate Universe. Its not just about the backstory of 616 characters and stories being inaccessible, its also that a lot of it is hideously convoluted crap, with more clones, copies, alternate future children, lost time travellers, aliens, body-swaps, brainwashings, mind control agents, identity confusions, arbitrary resurrections, retcons, and simply inexplicable Bull****-with-a-capital-B that you can shake an oppressed mutant at.

Ultimate is a great way to take a cleaner, more streamlined approach to the whole shebang. And the quality has so far generally been absolutely superb.

I mentioned it was a fun title. I just think its pointless and not extremely needed.

cerealkiller182 said:
I mentioned it was a fun title. I just think its pointless and not extremely needed.

Personally I'd rather they get rid of the two crappy main X-books Uncanny and Adjectiveless before they kill off Ultimate. Not to mention all the random spin-off books which are for me a lot more pointless.

It says he's a major player in the confrontation, but says nothing about what will happen to him afterwards. :(

Polaris is so ugly....she doesent even look like a "she" or a human being :(

Exploding Boy said:
Polaris is so ugly....she doesent even look like a "she" or a human being :(

Yeah, but we know by next months covers that she will be restored.

^
Too bad we can't say the same about poor Gambit. :(

nothing is known about gambit's future and i am really concerned that he will be thrown into limbo. I was thinking what if gambit's skin turns back but his hair stays the same, that would be weird.

ghost113 said:
nothing is known about gambit's future and i am really concerned that he will be thrown into limbo. I was thinking what if gambit's skin turns back but his hair stays the same, that would be weird.

...cos then he'd look like the witness...

The Infernal said:
All may not be lost. Gambit might not be taking a long leave after all. I don't have much but IGN seem to know something. Read Gambit's power rating. http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/705/705779p1.html

well.. Prof X is number 1 and he currently has no powers. Jay is there aswell going up the chart.. and one cud say in his current situation he isnt particularly powerful.

maybe they mean the power over fans or something...

Yeah, that list is definately not about their mutant powers, but they're power to move the current stories around and fanboy reaction to that the outcome of the stories.

So what kinda personality/character change do you all think Remy's gonna get? I'm hopin he goes back more to the smooth talkin, acrobatic, cant hit the SOB, stubbly, charasmatic, mysterious Gambit from his earlier days. When he didnt buy into the dream so much, he was a much better X-Man.

cerealkiller182 said:
X-Men definitely has a pretty convulted history that is hard for a newcomer to catch up on.

But...

for a Spider-Man fan, Utlimate is essential. Spidey 616 is so screwed up (Organic Webshooters:down . Sins Past:down , The Other:down , The Avengers:down ) that seriously, Ultimate Spider-Man is much more the REAL Spider-Man than the 616.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"