Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Maybe the Fourth has something to do with it. Being on a Wednesday, when many movies do open. But Independence Day is not a go see a movie type holiday. And many are taking the extended days off like the Thanksgiving weekend. I know a holiday surcharge was packed on my ticket price. But since my next chance to get off to see it is a week after opening day I jumped on it.

Apparently the 2nd after credits scene is [BLACKOUT]in the trailer[/BLACKOUT]

The movie comes out on August 14th here, any attempt at avoiding spoilers would be futile so I won't even try.

You can avoid forums and what not but people who work in the industry won't give two ****s about revealing plot points on social media and articles, sad to say. I was watching a clip on Youtube and someone already inadvertently spoiled something for me, but whatever.

On my way to cinema. My most anticipated CBM of the year.

Just got back...I thoroughly enjoyed my time watching this film. I would give it a solid 7.5-8

Just got back from it and its praise is deserved.

SPOILERS:

This is the best second film in the MCU (or rather, first sequel within a franchise within the MCU) after Winter Soldier simply because it is a total improvement on the first film in nearly every way except for the villain. Not that I didn't like Ghost, but she was far too sympathetic for my taste. Burch also didn't seem like much of a threat to me. But the villains weren't the main draw for me going into this, especially since we just got the one-two punch of Killmonger and Thanos.

Everyone in the cast did great, with Rudd, Lilly, Douglas and Pena being the standouts once again. I do wish that Michelle Pfeiffer had more screentime, though.

I was dreading the post-credits scene. I didn't spoil it for myself but I knew that we were going to see some sort of fallout from Infinity War. I've never had anxiety for a credits scene before and it proved to be warranted. That was a tough one. :csad:

Marvel was three for three this year with their films and now starts the long wait for Captain Marvel and Avengers 4.

Senzanome4_zpsd809b33d.gif

SPOILERS:

This is the best second film in the MCU (or rather, first sequel within a franchise within the MCU) after Winter Soldier simply because it is a total improvement on the first film in nearly every way except for the villain. Not that I didn't like Ghost, but she was far too sympathetic for my taste. Burch also didn't seem like much of a threat to me. But the villains weren't the main draw for me going into this, especially since we just got the one-two punch of Killmonger and Thanos.

Everyone in the cast did great, with Rudd, Lilly, Douglas and Pena being the standouts once again. I do wish that Michelle Pfeiffer had more screentime, though.

I was dreading the post-credits scene. I didn't spoil it for myself but I knew that we were going to see some sort of fallout from Infinity War. I've never had anxiety for a credits scene before and it proved to be warranted. That was a tough one. :csad:

Marvel was three for three this year with their films and now starts the long wait for Captain Marvel and Avengers 4.

That wait is going to be 2 films a year mcu bad lolol

That wait is going to be 2 films a year mcu bad lolol

I wouldn't have minded if Ant-Man and the Wasp had been a November release to space them out more, but absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

My daughter and I just got back from seeing it....damn I needed this movie after IW.....great time at the theater.

SPOILERS:

What Drizzle said!
I knew it was coming too. I had a feeling it'd be Janet, my friend thought it'd be Hope but neither of us thought it'd be all 3

Only thing I can think to add right now is this might be the funniest movie in the MCU yet. Paul Rudd is great!

Just came back.
I've been a victim of expectations. I liked Ant-Man and the Wasp. I like the lighter tone, the family aspects, the actors, the special effects... everything is alright. But I really missed the Mission: Impossible plot of the first one that I think was essential. Too much technobabble and not enough ant-size set pieces.
Like I said, I expected something different. But it was good. I might get to love it a bit more eventually because it has good intentions and it is just very fun to watch.

My daughter and I just got back from seeing it....damn I needed this movie after IW.....great time at the theater.

See, that's how I felt [BLACKOUT]until the mid-credits scene wiped the smile from my face. Not even the ant playing drums at the very end cheered me up because of how terrifying the rest of that scene is, knowing what's happened. [/BLACKOUT]

See, that's how I felt [BLACKOUT]until the mid-credits scene wiped the smile from my face. Not even the ant playing drums at the very end cheered me up because of how terrifying the rest of that scene is, knowing what's happened. [/BLACKOUT]

That didn't effect me that much.....for me, it wasn't like the last five minutes or so of IW with so many characters vanishing....plus, you didn't actually see them turning to dust....you just see the dust fluttering down....so it wasn't the downer IW was.

I’m surprised they didn’t flip the order of the post credit scenes.

I’m surprised they didn’t flip the order of the post credit scenes.

I actually wasn't expecting the second one to be the ant playing drums. I remember seeing that in the trailer but I had assumed that shot we saw of it playing drums earlier in the film when Hank was monitoring it in Bill's office was all we'd see of that even though it was from a different angle. I get why it was done, so that there's some levity after the first credits scene, but I would have been fine if they had left it out and all we got was the Pyms disappearing just to show how dire the situation is.

My second best MCU II movie after The Winter Soldier. A home video BluRay will definitely go into my home library ASAP. Time to move to the spoiler thread so I don't mistakenly post.

This was a dope movie. Much needed after Infinity War. And that credits scene. Damn.

Fun movie all the way around the chemistry between the actors is so good. They make you care about this team for a reason that pays off. Ghost was okay I did like the effects on her a lot.

Great credit scene.

Enjoyed this one for sure! Yes it has the same fun value as the first one however it improves upon the first with a stronger emotional core between parent/child. The plot is nicely layered and engaging. The humor is great. Not the funniest MCU film, that still goes to Ragnarok imo. Every character had just about the same level of involvement if not more than the first film with the exception of Luis' buds but that's OK. Lol. I mean Lawrence Fishburn had more character work in this than the 2 Dceu movies for Pete's sake! Smh.

I did a back to back with The Incredibles 2 and with as much praise as that I2 gets, I found this more engaging for me. I2 packs a wallop in creative action and amazing animation, but not near as strong in emotion and story relevant subplots I feel as AMTW. MCU with another winner.

8/10.

Last edited:
I'll admit, it wasn't their strongest. And coming off of Infinity War, it's hard to say they were capable of living up to their own greatness. There were things I didn't like. I don't think a lot of the humor will live up. I really think some of the film's science and plot could've been made more clear. idk, all in all, it felt like "best episode of Agents of SHIELD" caliber, but with better actors.

However, I liked it. I think it was still a great movie. And I would say it has top-tier action (if a little bit sparse). The Quantum Realm stuff was my favorite part. The visuals and concepts. Love it. And Wasp was my favorite character. Hope, not Jan. Hope is a badass and I want to see them utilize her much more in the future. [BLACKOUT]Kinda pissed they killed her.[/BLACKOUT]

8.5/10

Average for MCU, great for movies in general.

my review

It's probably Marvel Studio's lightest movie to date which is saying something considering the first Ant-Man movie. It's almost like its mission is to be the palate cleanser to Infinity War. It's also pretty self contained, the most they do is reference the events of Civil War that cause them to be in the situation that you see in the movie. Humor wise I don't think it's as sharp as the first Ant-Man. They fumble with a few jokes, but for the most part there's plenty of funny moments and gags they do in here. I think they double down on Michael Pena to where he's exclusively there to make a funny one liner. However, they do another of his stories and it's still pretty funny. I thought Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, and Michael Douglas did a fine enough job. As for the villains, I thought they were way more compelling than Darren Cross, but they weren't utilized enough. Overall, it's not as good as the first movie (probably because I'm a sucker for origin movies), but they do enough here to keep you entertained. As for the after credits scene, I was expecting something to happen, but not to the extent they went to. It'll be very interesting to see what happens next.
7.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"