Anyone ever seen a ghost?

Babillygunn

New Age Outlaw
Reaction score
I had a creepy experience in the woods as a high school kid where a friend of mine and I were chased by a voice that we couldn’t get away from. We looked everywhere but there wasn’t a person to be found and we couldn’t hear anyone moving through the brush. But we couldn’t escape a voice that kept speaking to us in a calm tone. At one point we both got to a clearing and ran probably 300 yards at a full sprint. Now I was 16 years old and ran track. So I was pretty fast and in great shape. I ran so hard that I was completely out of breath. The voice was still following us, no loader than conversation level and was not out of breath at all. Shortly after that it began laughing and we found an extra gear and ran all the way home.

Has anyone had any creepy experiences that they cannot explain?

I had a creepy experience in the woods as a high school kid where a friend of mine and I were chased by a voice that we couldn’t get away from. We looked everywhere but there wasn’t a person to be found and we couldn’t hear anyone moving through the brush. But we couldn’t escape a voice that kept speaking to us in a calm tone. At one point we both got to a clearing and ran probably 300 yards at a full sprint. Now I was 16 years old and ran track. So I was pretty fast and in great shape. I ran so hard that I was completely out of breath. The voice was still following us, no loader than conversation level and was not out of breath at all. Shortly after that it began laughing and we found an extra gear and ran all the way home.

Has anyone had any creepy experiences that they cannot explain?

So you both heard it and you aren't crazy? :cwink:

What was it saying? When did it stop?

Never had anything like that happen.

Not without substance use.
Sometimes I see my dead cat but it's a trick of the mind.

My wife claims to have seen demons in her parents home, my dad’s place, our former apartment and our current home. She doesn’t do drugs but comes from a very religious home.

When I was 17 I had the strangest experience in a hospital. My grandfather was admitted, it was about a month or two before he passed away, my family and I were keeping vigil by his bedside. Anyway, I go for a breather to the waiting room and on the way I heard the wail of a patient in a nearby room. It had to have been a code blue because doctors rushed in to work on the person. All of a sudden, I got this really chilly feeling and I felt a spirit just rush my body. Like it was trying to possess me. I got really sick and had to actually grip a vending machine so I wouldn’t pass out. This went on maybe a few minutes until I finally collected myself, then had the strength to walk back to my grandfather’s room.

By far the weirdest experience I’ve had in my thirty years of life. Never talked about it with anyone.

So you both heard it and you aren't crazy? :cwink:

What was it saying? When did it stop?

Never had anything like that happen.
At first it sounded somewhat unintelligible. Then we heard it say “come”. We both stopped and looked around. We thought we might’ve been crazy. After looking around us one of us said “I know I heard a voice.” Then the same voice said very clearly “it was.”
We ran a good distance as fast as we could. After probably 300 yards down a hill we stopped to get our breath. We heard it laughing right near us. It was a very evil laugh. We ran back to our neighborhood (as we lived near a large wooded park). Then we never heard of it.

At first it sounded somewhat unintelligible. Then we heard it say “come”. We both stopped and looked around. We thought we might’ve been crazy. After looking around us one of us said “I know I heard a voice.” Then the same voice said very clearly “it was.”
We ran a good distance as fast as we could. After probably 300 yards down a hill we stopped to get our breath. We heard it laughing right near us. It was a very evil laugh. We ran back to our neighborhood (as we lived near a large wooded park). Then we never heard of it.

So, the scientist in me says you probably couldn't have heard it in the sense that you normally hear a voice....movement of air. I have spoken with people who have heard voices very clearly, but never two together.

I've known things were going to happen or knew about them when there was no way of me knowing about it. My mom thinks I have some sort of psychic ability, but I think I just logic stuff out without knowing it or was in a similar situation I forgot about and got a deja vu experience.

Creepy though....bet you two stayed away from that joint for awhile.

It's quite unclear! I have this memory of me and my parents going out for pizza, I was about 4 or 5... went to the table next to my parents and had my pizza there. With someone's grandpa.

Up to this date, I have no idea if he was really there or not.

Back when I was in junior school, we went on a camping trip to a remote boarding house which seemingly seemed to be in the middle of nowhere.

There was the main building, a couple of sheds or shacks I think, and then another building with some facilities.

I remember one afternoon/evening we (the pupils) were all on our way to the dining hall which passed by an opening out toward this one shack.

There was a woman dressed in white stood on one of the pitches that at that immediate time I didn't think anything of, but a few moments afterwards when I asked one of the teachers who it was, they replied telling me there was nobody there.

That's about the biggest experience I've had. I'm sure most people have had that feeling of dread/fear that there's someone (or something by) in a room with them at some point too?

Oh, and Casper. Such a friendly fella'

So, the scientist in me says you probably couldn't have heard it in the sense that you normally hear a voice....movement of air. I have spoken with people who have heard voices very clearly, but never two together.

I've known things were going to happen or knew about them when there was no way of me knowing about it. My mom thinks I have some sort of psychic ability, but I think I just logic stuff out without knowing it or was in a similar situation I forgot about and got a deja vu experience.

Creepy though....bet you two stayed away from that joint for awhile.
That’s a good way to describe it. The voice was so clear...like stereo clear, that it wasn’t like waves moving through outside air.

That area was a large park next to my neighborhood. There were about 4 miles circumference of park with a road that ran through it. My house was next to the woods. We practically spent all day in the woods during the summer. There were large hills that led to an area on the top where there were large fields to play football as well as basketball courts, tennis courts and a “lookout” area where you could see all over the entire city. It was a kid/teenager’s dream. There was no way that the voice would keep us away.

interestingly, the path that we were taking up to the top of the hill was a path that my brothers and I called fossil hill, because we found arrowheads there. But one day, my friends and I happened upon some creepy guys who made us uneasy near there, so we went a different path. The next time we went up there, we say a big red eye painted on a large rock in the side of the hill. For some reason, in our minds, we thought the creepy guys had to have been satan worshippers. So we called the path “devil’s eye hill.” That was the path that we heard the voice.

My brother used to dig graves at a cemetery and he saw a ghost. A younger kid was just sitting atop of his tombstone. I obviously wasn't there, but he had a picture. This was before smart phones were really a thing too and unfortunately he no longer has the photo

Photographs aside, cause should ghosts even be photographable?

In this day and age especially, with all the technology we've got is genuinely think that if there was a spirit world or if ghosts really were a thing, we'd know about it as truth, more than suspicion, rumour and supernatural.

In this day and age especially, with all the technology we've got is genuinely think that if there was a spirit world or if ghosts really were a thing, we'd know about it as truth, more than suspicion, rumour and supernatural.

Yup. All ghost stories and experiences can be traced back to cultural influences and personal emotional input. The mind can be very convincing, but people refuse to believe that they've been tricked. It's often a coping mechanism too when it pertains to a dead relative.

Yup. All ghost stories and experiences can be traced back to cultural influences and personal emotional input. The mind can be very convincing, but people refuse to believe that they've been tricked. It's often a coping mechanism too when it pertains to a dead relative.
My thoughts exactly; I look at it in a similar sense to deja vu. Pretty sure that's nothing supernatural but more a trick of the mind, no different to ghost and monster stories.

Practical over gullible? I just think there'd be indisputable proof of what a ghost is, and that they do exist if they actually did.
Seriously, isn’t it possible that ghosts just don’t want to be photographed and therefore they’ve become very adept at avoiding it? I mean, look at Sasquatch, he has been able to avoid being photographed aside from some grainy pics here or there. :oldrazz:

The bigger question is whether ghost should even be visible at all. Since the original physical body is dead and buried, what exactly is reflecting (or possibly emitting) the photons that we see when we “see” a ghost? Likewise, what is creating the spooky moans or speech that we “hear”?

:cwink:

Practical over gullible? I just think there'd be indisputable proof of what a ghost is, and that they do exist if they actually did.

I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now that I'm afraid they get stuck up there.

Ok, what IF. WHAT. IF. What we "see" is some residual energy from another dimension?

Seriously, isn’t it possible that ghosts just don’t want to be photographed and therefore they’ve become very adept at avoiding it?
Ah, but what about those ones that have been photographed?

The bigger question is whether ghost should even be visible at all. Since the original physical body is dead and buried, what exactly is reflecting (or possibly emitting) the photons that we see when we “see” a ghost? Likewise, what is creating the spooky moans or speech that we “hear”?
[snip]

Ok, what IF. WHAT. IF. What we "see" is some residual energy from another dimension?
Now this is where it gets interesting.

What do we each define as a ghost? The traditional definition would be that of someone that has passed on with the ghost being their soul or essence or whatever, but what if it isn't?

What could ghosts actually be?
  • Beings from another dimension, observing us or trapped here.
  • Aliens from another world, visiting or observing us.
  • Images and/or projections from our own minds? Some scientists would argue that we've got untapped mental potential and can unknowingly access our subconscious.

Ah, but what about those ones that have been photographed?

Now this is where it gets interesting.

What do we each define as a ghost? The traditional definition would be that of someone that has passed on with the ghost being their soul or essence or whatever, but what if it isn't?

What could ghosts actually be?
  • Beings from another dimension, observing us or trapped here.
  • Aliens from another world, visiting or observing us.
  • Images and/or projections from our own minds? Some scientists would argue that we've got untapped mental potential and can unknowingly access our subconscious.

They were drinking too much interdimensional vodka and weren't paying attention? Speaking of this possibility, I think I'm going to go to the kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"