are Americans stupid

To be fair, Sri Lanka is a difficult country to find on a map.

Everything else, though, is pretty much inexcusable.

:huh: :huh: :huh: Ya pretty much just have to know where India is......

How hard is that?

Reminds me of a 1990s TV series called "Street Smarts", where the host would interview people off the street, to test their intelligence (or lack thereof), regarding the world around them.

This thread should really be called " are ALL Americans stupid"

kinda makes you feel better about yourself

disclaimer: i do not agree with the stereotype of Americans being stupid but these people are ****ing morons

They find the dumbest people and only show them. Not to mention that the subtitles on this had terrible spelling, so they too are idiots.

They find the dumbest people and only show them. Not to mention that the subtitles on this had terrible spelling, so they too are idiots.

can you point out these misspellings because the chances are it was just national spellings and also I am pretty sure this is from a comedy show *in the style of Brass eye* so there is a good chance it was all staged

:huh: :huh: :huh: Ya pretty much just have to know where India is......

How hard is that?

True, but I wouldn't expect an 'average' person to be able to locate it. Just like I wouldn't expect an average person to know where Botswana or Franz Josef Island is.

Confusing Australia for Iran, though... that's a completely different story.:cmad:

True, but I wouldn't expect an 'average' person to be able to locate it. Just like I wouldn't expect an average person to know where Botswana or Franz Josef Island is.

Confusing Australia for Iran, though... that's a completely different story.:cmad:

maybe the Iraq war was started by this sort of mistake

And of course, by Franz Josef Island... I mean Franz Josef Land. :o

can you point out these misspellings because the chances are it was just national spellings and also I am pretty sure this is from a comedy show *in the style of Brass eye* so there is a good chance it was all staged

The temerity had me defending a broad generalization that I was in. They incorrectly spelled New Zealand, idea, and Buddhism. Didn't consider the brass eye.:o

They were disgustingly idiotic, but as someone mentioned, they will obviously only display the worse of the worse in order to make their point.
But the thing is, every citizen should have a minimum level of world awareness of intelligence if their educational system is up to par.
There is no excuse for people to be that ******ed... Without technically being ******ed.
Is it any wonder people like Bush get elected?
I suppose in view of this stupid masses have also always been favoured by rich elites who can more easily manipulate them.

You know, all Americans aren't stupid. Just the ones in the South.

Some of those countries have changed their names too. Sri Lanka for example was Ceylon through most of my school years. They became Sri Lanka in 1972 which was after my last geography class.

Funny, this is probably the most ignorant statement I've ever read on this site. Which kinda makes your fellow Northeasterners look kind of stupid......but I'll forgive them for your stupidity....cause, its not their fault. Nor does your ignorance, tell me anything about their intelligence.

You know that's the type of negative stereotyping that makes people think Americans are dumb for instance take Sammy *originally from Georgia but moved over here when she was 14* i knew her at school and she got like straight A's so she can't of been dumb

Funny, this is probably the most ignorant statement I've ever read on this site. Which kinda makes your fellow Northeasterners look kind of stupid......but I'll forgive them for your stupidity....cause, its not their fault.

I was being sarcastic, but whatever.

I was being sarcastic, but whatever.

Then let me shed some hype intellect on you, see the little smilies on the right......they help share your sarcasm....:yay:

But, I'm glad to know that you were being sarcastic, because I would hate to think someone would be stupid enough to make a statement like that.

But then again, whatever....:dry:

Drizzle, all people from the South are very easily offended. You should have known better than to make sweeping generalizations about them. :oldrazz:

jag

Drizzle, all people from the South are very easily offended. You should have known better than to make sweeping generalizations about them. :oldrazz:

jag

:pal: :meanie: :nono: :bow:

No, we just have sensitive hearts.......

Northeasterners (?) are just as ignorant and stupid as the stereotypical "white trash" most often associated with the Southern United States. Case in point: Upstate New York. I've lived there most of my life. There are just as many racists, bigots, and altogether idiots there as there would be down south. I think that's true of every region or state in this country. Ignorance and plain stupidity isn't just confined to one area. It's everywhere.

Most people could be considered idiots.

Depends what criteria your using, I bet some of these particular idiots might have had high aptitudes in mechanics, or some trade.
Or perhaps they dedicated a lot of their mental prowess to baseball knowledge or something equally useless.
On average most people have the potential to be moderately well learned. Different influences guide how that potential will be used or wasted.

There's a lot influencing people to be mindless in North America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"