are Americans stupid

jesus i'm surprised so many took this as an all out personal attack on america. i even posted that it wasn't. yes there are moronic people in every country thats a give fact. learn to laugh at yourselves you'll live longer
But that's just the thing. That's not us. It's certainly not me. I laugh at ignorant individuals. What I don't do is laugh at a group as a whole that said ignorant individual belongs to, because that would be...huh...ignorant. Yes, these are dumb people. But laughing at these dumb people as dumb Americans because I too am an American and I am in actuality laughing at my own makes me cringe. These people? Dumb people. George Bush? Dumb-ass. But I am not laughing at myself when I laugh at these people. Hell, I'm not really laughing. It's more sad than it is funny.

Yes, if you consider that they voted bush in twice.

:o
Considering that Gore conceeded rather than Bush winning in 2000 and Bush won the electoral college vote in 2004 and not the popular vote, that argument means nothing.

^They interview hundreds of people and take the dumbest answers out of all of them. It would be the same anywhere. Plus you know that some of them give dumb answers just to get on tv.

I think you can also chalk some of those answers up to being nervous. People seem to forget common stuff when they are on TV or get nervous.

Also the fact that we have Gordon Brown now following the wishy washy antics of Tony Blair. Come on, ROBO our government is no better and they have to look after an island A LOT smaller than the size of the USA.

We are stupid, we continue shows like Tila Tequila and Gossip Girl, and cancel FANtastic shows like Journeyman. Commercials holi"duh" and that ******* doing the maniac dance. America is getting dumber by the day.

We are stupid, we continue shows like Tila Tequila and Gossip Girl, and cancel FANtastic shows like Journeyman. Commercials holi"duh" and that ******* doing the maniac dance. America is getting dumber by the day.

Well their TV networks anyway.

Also the fact that we have Gordon Brown now following the wishy washy antics of Tony Blair. Come on, ROBO our government is no better and they have to look after an island A LOT smaller than the size of the USA.

I always liked Charles Kennedy. Sure he was an alcoholic Scotsman but atleast he wasn't a boring one eyed scotsman like Gordon Brown.

Of course people will vote labour because no one wants the Tories back. The parties are pretty much the same anyway. The conservatives are run by a bunch of silver spoon trust fund dorks who went to Eton and Harrow. Most of them have never worked a real day in their lives.

America isn't stupid. Those videos are rigged. Many people are asked, and only the ignorant people that got the answers wrong are showed. If they showed the intelligent people, the show would lose it's point of being funny.

*Captain Obvious*

kinda makes you feel better about yourself

[YT]fJuNgBkloFE[/YT]

disclaimer: i do not agree with the stereotype of Americans being stupid but these people are ****ing morons

Being American doesn't make one stupid but I do believe there is an concentrated effort to dumb down the masses or the common people of this country for the purpose of control and exploitation.

Being American doesn't make one stupid but I do believe there is an concentrated effort to dumb down the masses or the common people of this country for the purpose of control and exploitation.

Five years ago, I would have said you were nuts, now I couldn't agree with you more.

The Chasers are ****ing amazing. Being one of the handful of Americans that haven't gone to Australia that know about them.

kinda makes you feel better about yourself

disclaimer: i do not agree with the stereotype of Americans being stupid but these people are ****ing morons

Yep... it's just what is taught in school isn't as heavy as in other countries. I'm in the states right now and I can honestly say, the giography taught here for children my age was taught to me 5 or 6 years ago :dry: And the saddest part, I can support an argument (regardless if I'm right or wrong) againts someone in their twenties in the states.

pokemon_logo.jpg

But that's just the thing. That's not us. It's certainly not me. I laugh at ignorant individuals. What I don't do is laugh at a group as a whole that said ignorant individual belongs to, because that would be...huh...ignorant. Yes, these are dumb people. But laughing at these dumb people as dumb Americans because I too am an American and I am in actuality laughing at my own makes me cringe. These people? Dumb people. George Bush? Dumb-ass. But I am not laughing at myself when I laugh at these people. Hell, I'm not really laughing. It's more sad than it is funny.

when i used the term learn to laugh at yourself. i didnt mean that you had to accept the stereotype that is portrayed within the video that would be moronic. i meant it in a way that most people take themselves way to seriously yes i knew the title of the thread would cause problems but in the end of it the video was meant as something that people could laugh at and feel better about themselves.

when i used the term learn to laugh at yourself. i didnt mean that you had to accept the stereotype that is portrayed within the video that would be moronic. i meant it in a way that most people take themselves way to seriously yes i knew the title of the thread would cause problems but in the end of it the video was meant as something that people could laugh at and feel better about themselves.

It seemed to me that the guy was making a generalized statement. I mean if it were an american doing the interviews, maybe it would have been different.

Maybe I'm just a sensitive guy.

Yup that's us alright. Btw we just started teaching evolution in the state of Florida this year for the first time so take that! Dumb my ass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"