Mary Jane's Death

three, and im sure plenty of others - millions of them.

I would have preferred Felcia instead of Gwen simply because this role is to be the other woman. And shse is supposed to attempt to seduce Pete, something black symbiote Peter takes quite well. Apparently she gets enamored with Spidey as well.

Doing that and making her a very wild "free spirit" type would make a much larger contrast to MJ. And sicne we all know Peter is going to stay with MJ at the end (and probably get married/engaged) if it was Felicia there are other ways you could use her in sequels as Spidey reluctantly using her as a partner and playing up that romantic angle as he is married. As opposed to Gwen who after Pete is officially going to stay with MJ after the end of this movie is....well usless as a character then.

NewYorkSpider said:
If MJ dies, the superhero triology comes true.:csad:

It'll be "X-MEN 3: THE LAST STAND" all over again. "Ooh let's kill off main characters because it'll be fun!"

Like I said if MJ dies than Raimi has lost a fan and Stan Lee and Marvel have a lost a "true believer." :cmad:

If Kirsten doesn't want to stay on...WTF else do you people want? If Kirsten comes back then great...but for someone to keep saying no no no...then kill off her character. I would rather she lie in the comical grave that have MJ recasted to someone who doesn't even look like Kirsten. Continuity is far more important for a franchise to stay intact that deviations from the original source. Hell, Gwen is just now being introduced...kisses comic source goodbye. But continuity is the key to Spider-Man's success. Why do y'all think SR didn't do so well nor did X3...continuity. I can guarantee you that if SM4 had an all new cast, director, and crew...it would not do near as well.

DACrowe said:
I would have preferred Felcia instead of Gwen simply because this role is to be the other woman. And shse is supposed to attempt to seduce Pete, something black symbiote Peter takes quite well. Apparently she gets enamored with Spidey as well.

Doing that and making her a very wild "free spirit" type would make a much larger contrast to MJ. And sicne we all know Peter is going to stay with MJ at the end (and probably get married/engaged) if it was Felicia there are other ways you could use her in sequels as Spidey reluctantly using her as a partner and playing up that romantic angle as he is married. As opposed to Gwen who after Pete is officially going to stay with MJ after the end of this movie is....well usless as a character then.
gwen will be in more sequels. the movies are about romance too, if peter and mj do get married then i still think they should keep gwen to show how in the course of peters life, even though peter and mj are married there is always someone else trying to pull that away.

it is like this, mj is about to tell peter something then gwen comes along and pulls peter away and talks to him (well sort of like that). maybe in a sequel mj and gwen will become friends, but i doubt that will happen because they both want the same guy.

chaster, if you REALLY think that Raimi and co. (including cast) will be back for 4, much less 5, you are deluding yourself. It is all but been said blatently Tobey doesn't want to come back, Sam doesn't want to do one without Tobey and Kirsten was ready to go two movies ago.

And continuity suggests that this story (movie Spidey) is all about his love for one girl, Mary Jane. If she is dead, he becomes introverted again and won't get close to anyone and becomes a dark figure of vengence, think Batman. It not only betrays the continuity of the comics but it betrays the continuity of the first two movies. That is oon line with stupid **** like Magneto abandoning Mystique or Rogue taking a cure in X3.

That is why it should not happen. Plus they will keep making these and recast in 4. If you want to preserve artistic integrity ask them to stop after 3, you shouldn't make one movie bad so you can keep making more inadequate material though.

Ermm... No. Keep MJ. Please:csad: ?
It was said in the first movie ''Like any story, this too is about a girl. That girl.''
And the idea is to kill off that girl. Kinda doesn't make any sense to me :ninja: *thinks*.

Any**

chaseter said:
If Kirsten doesn't want to stay on...WTF else do you people want? If Kirsten comes back then great...but for someone to keep saying no no no...then kill off her character. I would rather she lie in the comical grave that have MJ recasted to someone who doesn't even look like Kirsten. Continuity is far more important for a franchise to stay intact that deviations from the original source. Hell, Gwen is just now being introduced...kisses comic source goodbye. But continuity is the key to Spider-Man's success. Why do y'all think SR didn't do so well nor did X3...continuity. I can guarantee you that if SM4 had an all new cast, director, and crew...it would not do near as well.

Kirsten has been saying for about two years now that if Tobey and Sam come back, so will she :up:

AnyPiKa said:
Ermm... No. Keep MJ. Please:csad: ?
It was said in the first movie ''Like any story, this too is about a girl. That girl.''
And the idea is to kill off that girl. Kinda doesn't make any sense to me :ninja: *thinks*.

Any**

exactly, everything peter does is essentially for her.

DACrowe said:

Yup I have said this many times as well... why butcher a character like Gwen... use Felicia and setup Black Cat... made no sense bringing in Gwen

chaseter said:

Ya but when Dunst and Tobey and Raimi all leave you are going to be extremely disappointed.... you don't kill a character just cause she says she is done.... they aren't going to kill Peter Parker just cause Tobey is done... ain't nothing wrong with recasting as long as they get the story and plot right... recasting only hurts when it is done immediately after a sequel... so don't expect SPiderman 4 in 2010... that could be the earliets but it will surely be a new cast and crew.

DACrowe said:
chaster, if you REALLY think that Raimi and co. (including cast) will be back for 4, much less 5, you are deluding yourself. It is all but been said blatently Tobey doesn't want to come back, Sam doesn't want to do one without Tobey and Kirsten was ready to go two movies ago.

And continuity suggests that this story (movie Spidey) is all about his love for one girl, Mary Jane. If she is dead, he becomes introverted again and won't get close to anyone and becomes a dark figure of vengence, think Batman. It not only betrays the continuity of the comics but it betrays the continuity of the first two movies. That is oon line with stupid **** like Magneto abandoning Mystique or Rogue taking a cure in X3.

That is why it should not happen. Plus they will keep making these and recast in 4. If you want to preserve artistic integrity ask them to stop after 3, you shouldn't make one movie bad so you can keep making more inadequate material though.
it tobey and sam return then kirsten will to. even though kirsten said that she is not the type to do movie after movie it is still most likley she will return.

tobey said the if there are more stories to tell then he will be in it. sam said that he would be open to do a spidey4 which means if that happens which it most likley will then kirsten will return. i do not want there to be recasts.

actors and actresses sometimes say that they are done with some franchises but turns out they end up starring in another one. that is what i think kirsten will do.

FaT_tONle said:
Ya but when Dunst and Tobey and Raimi all leave you are going to be extremely disappointed.... you don't kill a character just cause she says she is done.... they aren't going to kill Peter Parker just cause Tobey is done... ain't nothing wrong with recasting as long as they get the story and plot right... recasting only hurts when it is done immediately after a sequel... so don't expect SPiderman 4 in 2010... that could be the earliets but it will surely be a new cast and crew.

Yes I will be dissapointed. If they overhaul the SM4 cast and crew, then my guess is the quality of the films is over. Sony and Marvel want more...they aren't going to wait 20 years to push out another Spidey movie. SM4 will more than likely be here 2010-2012. I want the entire cast and crew to stay on...at least for one more movie. Recasting is a horrible decision and a films quality usually drops after a recast and the fans don't like the change. If Raimi and crew drop out after this one...I will be very dissapointed and more than likely not be hyped up at the new Spidey. If they stay on for one more film...I will be highly pleased. I think this franchise is one of the only franchises that can break the trilogy curse and make another movie that is even better than its predecessors.

i just hope mj's death if it happens at least gives her a chance to fight back against whoever kills her

well i doubt it, seeing as she would be going up against sandman and venom. harry wouldnt kill her but that would be soooooo badass if he did, mad respect points for harry if he did. she wont die though, hopefully just recast

3dman27 said:
i just hope mj's death if it happens at least gives her a chance to fight back against whoever kills her
why kill mj though?, she is way too important to die and wee need her in these movies.

dont worry about her death, its not going to happen. she said she will come back for more... as a ghost? I think not.

karea07 said:
dont worry about her death, its not going to happen. she said she will come back for more... as a ghost? I think not.
agreed, there is no way she is dieing.

DACrowe said:
I'd prefer Felica instead. Plus even if Pete marries MJ she still has a lot more story possibilities afterwards as BC (as opposed to Gwen). But it sounds like Gwen is being WRITTEN as Felicia or a Felica-type character unfortunately.

While I wish Gwen was in the first two (and they reversed the villains) and died in second, as it is now I wish they had used Felicia instead of Gwen though.

what if gwen becomes black cat?! :wow:
(my spidey sense is tingling) :spidey:

funny, I pondered that one time my self.

ronzpeed said:
what if gwen becomes black cat?! :wow:
(my spidey sense is tingling) :spidey:

I doubt it. As many liberties as Raimi has taken with the storylines, he has stayed true to who each character becomes. If and/or when Felicia is introduced, then we'll have to worry about Black Cat(hopefully not in my lifetime, just my preference).

^^ Except maybe as roadkill. Imagine it, Felicia goes to make her first appearance... and steps in front of a bus! Splat! One dead kitty! Pagrebo stands and cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"