Days of Future Past Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

I joined these forums because I didn't see many arguements or people berating what others thought too much, but it turns out you're all just a bunch of meanies! *runs into a corner crying with arms flailing in the air*.

I love wolverine and I love Hugh, but even I would like to see some other characters step into the spotlight. I need more storm and nightcrawler. I do however think that the x-men movieverse needed someone like wolverine to be somewhat of a focus until now, plus you cant forget that he is still one of THE most popular characters in the comics to date. Why wouldnt fox have chosen him as their main attraction, especially when trying to bring x1 out in the first place.

I personally dont think wolverine was the main character in X2 because I think that it was far more of an ensemble movie than most ensemble movies, and that includes the avengers. For me I dont think it was hard for the avengers to do the ensemble because each character had a film dedicated to themselves somewhat. The X-men where thrust onto the big screen with only wolverine and rogue joining a team that was already established. Whilst wolverine may have had a lot of scenes in x2 I personally think they were all shared with characters that needed the development in the film. If you look at Iceman the first time I take notice of him is at the start of the attack on the mansion when he is talking to logan in the kitchen. And whilst you may say that could have been done with anyone, It couldnt because they were all off doing things together i.e. scott and xavier and jean and storm. It worked how an x-men movie should.

I am probably rambling but the point is that yeah characters are overexposed somewhat but usually with good reason. Iron man was overexposed from day one but it helped gel the avengers because people were already connected to him far more than they were with thor and cap.

i dont dislike Wolverine persay, actually I wouldnt mind him continuing to be in movies its just having them revolve around him or him being the centric character. As long as other characters can get some shine then Im perfectly fine with him being in future movies.

I love Wolverine, and I like Jackman's portrayal of him. However, I do wish it was Kitty Pride going back in time in DoFP not Wolverine. I completely understand why the chose Wolverine though. The GA would rather see him go back in time than Kitty.

Am I sick of Wolverine being the focus of five films now? Yes. I like Hugh but its time he knows what it feels like to show up on set and have his character have no real purpose to the story. I mean if I didn't already know the other characters I could tell you very little about many of them.

And since we're bringing Iron Man and the Avengers into this I will say that if the X-men movies divided up time the way The Avengers did I would probably be much happier and accepting of Wolverine having more screen time. Avengers was not the Iron Man show people claim it to be did he have more screen time? Maybe, I honestly couldn't tell, but the other characters got more than a fair amount so that no character other than Hawkeye really felt shafted, imo. I understood introducing Wolverine as a lead in X1 but I never understood why he was kept as a lead for two movies after that and then given not one but two solo movies.

Do I think it's time to focus more on the other characters? Yes.
Do I think Wolverine should only have minimal roles from now on? No.

Singer will work it out. I fully trust him. He's done so much for X-men movies. Many of the characters he didn't use much, still work amazingly well, and he can continue to make them even better. Bring on Kitty and Colossus. Make Charles do his little jedi mind tricks again. Unleash the beast. And oh yes, I would love if DOFP created a possibility for Cyclops to return. So much potential left for his character.

And I realize this is nothing but a childish dream, but still: I'd really like to see the real Dark Phoenix. Some day. With good writing, anything is possible.

A little.

But if there's gonna be a 5th film with the original cast, the focus should be on the team.

I'm tired of threads about Wolverine being overexposed being overexposed.

Does this really belong in the DAYS OF FUTURE PAST forum?

Over Exposed? I don't recall him being in Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel today.

When I saw "overexposed", I assumed this would be a thread asking if people were tired of seeing Wolverine shirtless so much in these movies. :oldrazz:

To which I say...

Hugh-Jackman-in-The-Wolverine-2013-Movie-Image-2-600x360_zpsc7676c23.jpg

Nope, not tired of that at all. :hrt:

Marvel studios has three upcoming movies without iron man,is that overexposition?wolverine steals everyone's space and story importance with the exception of magneto.

Even if X2 was the best of them and one of the best in the genre X1 for me was the most balanced of the x-movies as far as characters'use go.

I'm tired of the writers not focusing on other characters. Like Storm, Cyclops, Kitty, Gambit, Iceman, Colosus etc But I'm not tired of seeing Wolveirne in X-Men movies. Last Wolverine film was awesome.

When I saw "overexposed", I assumed this would be a thread asking if people were tired of seeing Wolverine shirtless so much in these movies. :oldrazz:

To which I say...

Hugh-Jackman-in-The-Wolverine-2013-Movie-Image-2-600x360_zpsc7676c23.jpg

Nope, not tired of that at all. :hrt:

He can expose himself all he likes. :awesome:

:rimshot:

I'm tired of the writers not focusing on other characters. Like Storm, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Colosus etc But I'm not tired of seeing Wolveirne in X-Men movies.

Yes, exactly. We need stories that aren't ABOUT Wolverine's past or immortality or adamantium or whatever.

100% agree.

I want to see more scenes with Wolverine talking with the other x-men. just not more movies with Wolverine having the pivotal role or acting as the solo hero.

I'm tired of the writers not focusing on other characters. Like Storm, Cyclops, Kitty, Gambit, Iceman, Colosus etc But I'm not tired of seeing Wolveirne in X-Men movies. Last Wolverine film was awesome.

This.

Yes, exactly. We need stories that aren't ABOUT Wolverine's past or immortality or adamantium or whatever.

We definitely know enough about him at this point. If they want to focus on him again best played in another side solo.

Pretty much this sums it up.

We definitely know enough about him at this point. If they want to focus on him again best played in another side solo.

I'd love to see another solo moving forward from The Wolverine, especially if they get to bring Mariko and Yukio back. Not sure if that will happen at this point, but I'd love it. One of things I especially loved about this film was that it had some kickass female characters. :up:

But DOFP already has a "getting the band back together" vibe going on, as it should, so it needs to involve everyone. Which I can't freaking wait for.

I joined these forums because I didn't see many arguements or people berating what others thought too much, but it turns out you're all just a bunch of meanies! *runs into a corner crying with arms flailing in the air*.

I love wolverine and I love Hugh, but even I would like to see some other characters step into the spotlight. I need more storm and nightcrawler. I do however think that the x-men movieverse needed someone like wolverine to be somewhat of a focus until now, plus you cant forget that he is still one of THE most popular characters in the comics to date. Why wouldnt fox have chosen him as their main attraction, especially when trying to bring x1 out in the first place.

I personally dont think wolverine was the main character in X2 because I think that it was far more of an ensemble movie than most ensemble movies, and that includes the avengers. For me I dont think it was hard for the avengers to do the ensemble because each character had a film dedicated to themselves somewhat. The X-men where thrust onto the big screen with only wolverine and rogue joining a team that was already established. Whilst wolverine may have had a lot of scenes in x2 I personally think they were all shared with characters that needed the development in the film. If you look at Iceman the first time I take notice of him is at the start of the attack on the mansion when he is talking to logan in the kitchen. And whilst you may say that could have been done with anyone, It couldnt because they were all off doing things together i.e. scott and xavier and jean and storm. It worked how an x-men movie should.

I am probably rambling but the point is that yeah characters are overexposed somewhat but usually with good reason. Iron man was overexposed from day one but it helped gel the avengers because people were already connected to him far more than they were with thor and cap.

Great post. I feel the same about X2, it developed and balanced most of the characters better than any other superhero team movie.

Over Exposed? I don't recall him being in Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel today.

Thats pretty much "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Avengers" fromwhat i've seen.

Last edited:
i know many won't agree but i do think the avengers developed and balanced the characters out better then X2 did

i know many won't agree but i do think the avengers developed and balanced the characters out better then X2 did

I think they're both equal...Hawkeye got the shaft in Avengers...And Cyclops got the shaft in X2. But I think both films did a good job at balancing their characters.

I've been sick of Wolverine since before X3 and yes I'm sick of Tony too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"