Arrow Arrow Season 3 Episode 20 ""The Fallen"" Discussion Thread

But I DON'T, that's the problem. I DON'T find his current behavior to be at all believable or consistent with his character arc thus far. Basically, the writers took it too far last episode and I simply don't buy it, nor do I sympathize with him at all. I see him as a petty, trigger-happy idiot who doesn't deserve to wear a badge.

Like, seriously. He was literally kidnapped by this crew called THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS. But hey, the Arrow comes first.

Well last time he found out Sara died, he became a raging alcoholic, so maybe this time this is his new addiction. He may not be returning to the bottle but he is taking his anger and frustration out on someone, which in his eyes the Arrow is responsible

it makes as much sense as Laurel blaming oliver for Tommy's death in season 2.

My biggest problem with Lance was him telling the officers to use lethal force, even when he knows Laurel is with the Arrow. I don't give a crap if he's pissed off at Laurel for lying to him, you don't order a hit on your own daughter.

My biggest problem with Lance was him telling the officers to use lethal force, even when he knows Laurel is with the Arrow. I don't give a crap if he's pissed off at Laurel for lying to him, you don't order a hit on your own daughter.

He didnt though. When they were jumping off the ledge he ordered to not shoot.

I'm beginning to think Nyssa is the one who dies. She isn't ever going to be part of team Arrow and any anti-hero type character outside of the group will probably be Thea next season. It's too bad because Katrina Law is a much better actress and more attractive than the current Black Canary. Too bad the two actresses couldn't have been assigned different roles.

I'm beginning to think Nyssa is the one who dies. She isn't ever going to be part of team Arrow and any anti-hero type character outside of the group will probably be Thea next season. It's too bad because Katrina Law is a much better actress and more attractive than the current Black Canary. Too bad the two actresses couldn't have been assigned different roles.

Both are very beautiful. Katie is a great actress.

The title of this film is very appropriate for a lot of reasons.

Oliver joins the League of Assassins...

Thea "dies" before being reborn as Lord knows what...

And I potentially lose the last shred of respect that I had for Felicity's character.lol

I can see Ollie becoming Ra's al Ghul to pass the mantle on to Nyssa just to get the original one off his back. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

That wouldn't (or shouldn't) work. It's been said already that whoever holds the title of Ra's Al Ghul is Ra's al Ghul until he or she dies. I could see Oliver working with Nyssa and allowing himself to be killed by her, only to be revived by the Pits. That'd be repetitive, though.

So the shot of Canary in the promo, isnt in this episode.

I like this season but it's getting a little clustered now. They need to smooth things out. Too many things happening at once. Diggle decided to quit, now what? They're not properly capturing the emotional trauma of what's happening to the team with all this. The Lance manhunt should have taken a much bigger toll than they showed.

I might be the only one, but the last episode or two actually saved Olicity for me. I've been hoping it ends up being Laurel for a while now, but I'd be fine with either at this point. Felicity seems back to being her usual self.

That wouldn't (or shouldn't) work. It's been said already that whoever holds the title of Ra's Al Ghul is Ra's al Ghul until he or she dies. I could see Oliver working with Nyssa and allowing himself to be killed by her, only to be revived by the Pits. That'd be repetitive, though.

Lol, i am like 90% sure that would happen now. Don't forget: the writers are mostly beyond logic at this point.:cwink:

episode 19 was interesting, because you finally got a sense of how relentless Ra's is, but since they spent so much time showing how lance is totally dumb, it wasn't as good as it could be. Let's hope episode 20 will be as interesting as it should.

I feel like there's no hope in redeeming Lance at this point. The dude has really crossed several lines in pursuit of vengeance.

The dude just can't admit that he's taking out his anger on Oliver for Sara's death and for Laurel having lied to him about it.

what's infuriating about that, is that 18 episodes ago, he made a press conference about the arrow. and how come he doesn't go after Ra's who made his daughter an assassin in the first place? And how come he forgets Arrow saved him and Laurel several times?

what's infuriating about that, is that 18 episodes ago, he made a press conference about the arrow. and how come he doesn't go after Ra's who made his daughter an assassin in the first place? And how come he forgets Arrow saved him and Laurel several times?

Agreed. Did he already forget about how Oliver saved Laurel's life from the hands of the Doll-Maker? Or, like you said, all of the other villains that weren't even related to Oliver's crusade? Plus, Oliver even saved Sara's life when she poisoned herself in front of Nyssa.

And another thing that's infuriating as well is that he had Roy placed in a Prison where hundreds of inmates had a known grudge against the Arrow. And yet he has the balls to say that Roy's apparent death was Oliver's fault.

Lance called Oliver a villain but I think it's the opposite. Lance is definitely a villain; he just doesn't know it yet.

that's my feeling as well. I will have a hard time believing he can be redeemed at this point. You know what? Even Malcolm is more redeemable now :o

Well he is redeemable of course as he hasnt done anything really bad, its not like he killed anyone however I dont see where his character would go. He has played the cop going after the vigilante, he played the cop helping the vigilante, is he going to go back to helping the vigilante?

Lance is being a total *****e right now but he did lose his favorite daughter twice now and he simply does not want to deal with that, and he cant go to the bottle either. Plus he no longer trusts Laurel so in reality he has no one.

noone except his best pal Ra's Al Ghul.

Well Oliver was 'Pals' with the league when Slade laid waste to the city in Season 2.

Its not irredeemable.

Laurel's mom is more irredeemable. She is just horrible.

I feel like they're going to kill Lance, because I just don't see him and Oliver ever going back to the way they were before the writers butchered their characters. Not only would things be incredibly awkward, but Lance would have to - once again - publicly come out and pardon The Arrow of all his crimes and express support of his actions, which would make him look like a flip flopping moron. So he's either going to die or resign from the force and work with Team Arrow as a consultant or something.

I'm calling it, Lance is the future Ra's Al Ghul. Lance Al Ghul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"